[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Just started leveling this build in LHC. I've been looking around at different uniques to try and improve EHP/Mitigation. I know this has the theme of being very low budget, so what are the thoughts on Mind of the council + lightning coil? It seems like this would mitigate a good chunk of phys damage and solve some of the mana usage issues.

Just looking for something to boost EHP even higher, especially considering how cheap some uniques are this league. Would this be a noob trap?

P.S.

These will ruin your crit chance, but make leveling effortless because of the mana regen

Got to level 55. Had some scary moments up until this point as I have been saving all my currency. Finally bought some decent gear. Mines felt strange to me at first, but things are going really smoothly now. I can drop 2 sets of mines and clear the screen. Second charge from the staff is very nice. At first I REALLY wished I had gone saboteur for a smoother feeling character, but this is working now. I still feel that sabo would make for a smoother feeling build, but the damage can't be passed up. I will do cruel lab tonight which should boost my crit quite a bit.

I'll be looking for mana regen rings / gloves next, and then work on a +3 arc hubris.
Last edited by RIPnRhyme on Apr 5, 2017, 11:22:04 AM
Level 68. Extremely fragile character. By far the least defensive I've played. Damage is great though.

Gear is mostly unchanged.
Thinking of trying out Call of the brotherhood with this build, seems really safe and strong with it?
Not sure about the build. Is it viable for endgame? Saw only T12 map clearing so far. Is this build solely for map clearing until T12? Or can it go further and beat Guardians/Shaper?

Pohx started to play an Arc Miner, but with ES and as Saboteur. What I read so far is that Assassin is superior to Saboteur (ironically).

What I'm not sure about is which path to go, Life with regen or ES w/o Tremor Rod (the staff is btw pretty expensive as 6l in the current league). It also confuses me that the mine damage nodes (Destructive Apparatus) are not taken as well as any jewel slots (aren't they usually worth 3 points? I can see at least 4 available nodes for 2 points with your current tree).
Last edited by olsev_baiden on May 7, 2017, 4:07:01 AM
I stopped leveling a few months back but this build did get me to lvl 90 in LSC. So I should probably share.
My Gear
Spoiler

My Passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBUIHHgjUCPQOSA6OEJIRLRGWEcITcRZAFm8XsBo4HRQgbiM2I18kqiaVJy8qCyycLR8yGDIyNuk6WD7xQZZFfEWdRwZJT0lRSotMs1AwUxBTMVNSVUtVxliuWfNd8l6lXyph4mKsY0NknWaeakNrF2wIbIxwUXBScg9zbXZvfIN-sH_Gg9uFMoV9idOMNo5kj0aP-pBVlSCVLpctl5ea4J2qndmgQ6Kjpwius7MDtDi0xbb6t3W8b7yqvOrAVMHFwfPQH9DQ0PXYVNmG217b5-Nq5Rnr5Ovu6_XuFe_r8NXw-fGK8h3y4fem-tL79Q==?accountName=%E0%B2%A5_%E0%B2%A5&characterName=Urek_LegacyTrapper

Currently I run Clarity, Blasphemy Enfeeble, and HoI although I'm not really attached to any besides the Enfeeble. I don't use a lot of the gems on my gear as they're just leveling for other builds. beside the 3 auras I use stone golem.
At lvl 90 I still feel squishy but functional. I have 4166 life and 133 es. 405 mana after reservation. My gear could still vastly improve in rings, ammy, helm. Enchantments, jewels, etc.
I personally had a lot of trouble before picking up the Lightning Coil. Together with Enfeeble it allowed me to transition from dieing too often in my 80's to only dieing to one shots or my own mistakes.

If I were to make improvements, I would look into a CI version with a bigger EHP because one shots are a problem at t12+ maps.
Having a higher ES pool by like just 1-2k did not help me as often your es will not be recharging due to hits taken. Hence my lack of ES gear and instead going life + Damage taken conversion. For me hybrid didn't work out.
I would improve my gear so that my res would be in a safer above cap bracket incase of elemental weakness. I would look into trying out more aura/buff/curse options.
I would also try out Perfect Form or Kintsugi. I feel Perfect Form would be viable due to the free Arctic Armour. However Lightning Coil is currently cheap and reliable.

This build shines at clearing maps quickly without putting itself in danger. Can't be reflected, arc auto targets mobs, mines are invincible for a few seconds after drop so they don't die like totems do. Crit chance/power charge damage output is substantial. In mapping groups, this build often will contribute to kill speed and clearing more than others.

I feel like there's room for min/max optimization.
I'm toying with playing with arc mines for the 2 week even. Never played mines before as they always seemed clunky, but arc doesn't seem too bad.
Quick query for anyone who has played though, how is the single target with just arc? Assume levelled and with half decent gear.
I'm happy to run a single target swap, but problem is that means I need to level those gems too, and I'm not levelling a bunch of arcs like I would normally for a shot at lvl 21. And in a 2 week event, I will only want to be levelling one set!

And if a single target swap is recommended, what is the current recommendation? Bladefall seems like a decent choice, but I hear frostbolt is pretty good single target now?

Carl
"
Carlovski wrote:
I'm toying with playing with arc mines for the 2 week even. Never played mines before as they always seemed clunky, but arc doesn't seem too bad.
Quick query for anyone who has played though, how is the single target with just arc? Assume levelled and with half decent gear.
I'm happy to run a single target swap, but problem is that means I need to level those gems too, and I'm not levelling a bunch of arcs like I would normally for a shot at lvl 21. And in a 2 week event, I will only want to be levelling one set!

And if a single target swap is recommended, what is the current recommendation? Bladefall seems like a decent choice, but I hear frostbolt is pretty good single target now?

Carl

Thanks op for the build!

I started the turmoil with this char, went well even in the maps, the clear speed with arc and about 15c setup was amazing, but single target was shit with arc with only 4 link tremor.
I got another tremor 5 linked but the colors matched bladefall not arc so i put that as single target, very nice damage but placing the mines under bosses was risky.
So i remembered i read you mentioning frost bolt could be good single target. Well my 5 link colors matched frostbolt setup nicely and i took 2 jewel sockets and put those frozen trails there. Man, now i have very nice clearspeed and single target in same setup + i can be at range against bosses and still do nice damage.
I think arc can be better clearspeed, i got +2 chain helm i havent tried out yet cuz using bladefall as single was a pain for me, and fb has been doing both things so well.

As my defence ive been running blas+enf and clarity. got allmost 4k hp, 1.5k es and 1k unreserved mana with mom. When playing well theres no problems at all, but if u just run and spam you will die sometimes, getting stun locked here and there is also a bit annoying. Well now ive made enough currency to try to get max life/mana on most of my pieces, hope that will help with the stunning, im also missing 5 health nodes from passives.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Jul 19, 2017, 4:48:59 AM
I'm hybrid in Turmoil Event. This is not a build for doing red maps. But for Tier 8/9 it is very good. All you need is basic 5L 400Es chest, Brocken Crown for Chaos Res/Es/Stats and Eye Of Chayula. And for fun The Three Dragons plus some freeze Jewels.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAZ3CNQNfA3RDkgOjg_EEJIRDxEvEVARwhslHU8d2R9bIG4jNiNfJogqCysKLR8yMjW5Olg7fEGWQ1RFfEcGSVFLrkyzUDBTEFMxVUtVxlcrXGtcil3yXyph4mNDbAhtGXBRcFJzbXRVdm9-WX6wf8aESIhCidOMNo_6kyeVIJeXndmgQ6EvoqOnK6yYrrO0DLQ4tUi3MLd1uMq5k7xvvYK-isHFwfPDCcNtytPQH9DQ0PXYVNlb2YbbXtvn34ri9-OE5RnoWukC6rrrY-v17BjuFe_r8NXw-fGK8h3y4fRx99f79f6z?accountName=SuperDumbo&characterName=RacerXXXXX
Once you can affort to 5l your staff you should use
Spoiler
instead of Tremor Rod. (I'm playing Saboteur and Ci Arc-mines in Turmoil)

With a 6l you can easily do any content up to t15 including the Bosses (even with a 5l the t15 bosses weren't hard).
Guardians are doable (I killed Minotaur), if they have no dangerous mods. But you need to invest multiple Exalts(10+) and they still won't be that easy.
Last edited by Cales on Jul 23, 2017, 1:36:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info