Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

Hmm did the version 1 tree suddenly change?
And is it just me or is there no points allocated in the 43 points progression tree?
"

Breath of Flames was removed, Mental Rapidity was added. Everything else is same.
The 43 point tree is blank.
I would like to know aswell your process for leveling a character in fresh league.

Kill Malachai cruel or daresso with a 4l flameblast on a pseudo self found character seems hard..
"
slayer88 wrote:
I would like to know aswell your process for leveling a character in fresh league.

Kill Malachai cruel or daresso with a 4l flameblast on a pseudo self found character seems hard..

Yea would also like to know that :D
"
JamesMMA wrote:

I absolutely agree that the colors on a Coil would be problematic. It was an enormous pain to get 2B4G in Perandus, let alone 3B3G (Got 3B occasionally, and you can master craft 3B at the hefty cost of.. 285 chromes?, but no guarantee of the other three).

My one hesitation would be that you're not getting exactly 20% Physical Damage reduction. You're not taking the physical damage -20%. The damage is converted and then mitigated by respective resistance, which, by the sounds of it, would be augmented further by +Max Fire Res. And the type of damage that we, as HC players, would be concerned with is the high physical spike damage, not the quick rapid succession smaller hits, which a moderate amount of mitigation is great for. But, the effect suffers from diminishing returns the higher the damage spike. If my memory serves correctly that's how it works. If it's different with pure armor-based mitigation vs. damage conversion mitigation, then that's a mechanic I'm unfamiliar with and would be very interested to hear about it. But, assuming my base knowledge is correct, I think that 20% is potentially misleading given the mechanics of how physical damage scales relative to the effectiveness of physical mitigation. So the armor would be almost purely offensive outside of the flat fire resistance. Which, as an exclusively Hardcore player, is sometimes a cause for concern. I suppose that's what prompted my question to you.

Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter with all of the above in mind. And please do correct me if I'm mistaken in any given area. I certainly don't want to have the wrong information. :)

Flat % reduction such as Cloak of Flame has no diminishing returns.

"
Vaa2 wrote:

Can you post a CI version of the build?

I explained earlier why CI is not really an option:
"

The main problem with CI would be ES sustain. You'll either need a high regen or instant leech (which kinda sucks since flameblast is just a 1 hit as opposed to constantly leeching with vms/coc).
If you choose leech - you'll need a life leech gem or run warlord's mark. So that means giving up 1 gem or running 2 curses/giving up flammability.
If you choose regen - you'll have to invest heavily into it passive-wise, and you're giving up the possibility of using Skyforths.

Well, the biggest advantage of going CI is a bigger pool. And I suppose that's really it, can't think of any other ups of CI with this build.

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

loving and will start the buid in the new league. wondering in what order ascendancy points should be picked, please? thank you.

Shaper of Desolation > Pendulum of Destruction > Mastermind of Discord/Paragon of Calamity > Mastermind of Discord/Paragon of Calamity

"
Moksu wrote:

Are the Enfeeble amounts from the old Enfeeble or the new nerfed Enfeeble in 2.3 ?

2.3 numbers.

"
k1ckd0wN wrote:

Thanks for the Guide, looks really solid.
Which of the Versions would you recommend for the new League?
Also i'm not sure if its only for me, but the Ascendancy Points are not showing up in your Skilltrees.

Edit: Another Question i'm sure you answered already 100 times but what do you think about running 2x "Consuming Dark"?

While it was some sort of an alternative in 2.2, there's just no reason to go Consuming Dark in 2.3. Reflect is not gonna be a problem anymore with Paragon of Calamity, whirling blades is slower than LW (with our skill tree), and they are just overall bad.

"

And is it just me or is there no points allocated in the 43 points progression tree?

Breath of Flames respecced for Mental Rapidity. 43 point tree fixed, thanks.

"
slayer88 wrote:

Get some 50%+ cold res for daresso, 2 life flasks (at least 1 with instant recovery would be great, not required tho). Granite flask makes both Malachai and Daresso a joke. Swap inc aoe for conc effect, ele prolif for chance to ignite. Proceed to rek them both.

For leveling use spark + fire trap 1-12 lvl, then firestorm from 12-until you have a 4l flameblast and Shaper of Desolation.

CET Timezone
Nice guide!

Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment nodes is good replacement instead of any other like maybe Heart of Flame cluster or Mental Rapidity?
How do you get those item drop nameplates?

Like green with a box around and so on?

its MUCH easier to see loot on your screen than for me in default settings, so how do i change to yours? =)
Celestial Judgement: 50% damage, 2% pen - 6 points
Celestial Punishment sucks because it only starts working from the 2nd hit onwards (and that's not gonna happen)

Heart of Flame: 71% damage, 3% pen - 6 points

And you'd have to give up 12% cast speed + 3 points to get Celestial Judgement instead of Mental Rapidity. Doesn't sound like a fair trade to me :D
CET Timezone
hey Sivluu thanks for the write-up

I'm new to the game and trying to pick a decent build and flameblaster looks like one. I also found this, also a flameblaster guy, but his skill tree significantly differs from yours. I'm not sure which one is better, or at least what the actual difference between them, and since both of you make solid points about the build I'm torn apart
Last edited by etofok on Jun 1, 2016, 9:01:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info