Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

"
hexipox wrote:
How do you get those item drop nameplates?

Like green with a box around and so on?

its MUCH easier to see loot on your screen than for me in default settings, so how do i change to yours? =)

It's called lootfilter. There are several Tutorials for that
"
etofok wrote:
hey Sivluu thanks for the write-up

I'm new to the game and trying to pick a decent build and flameblaster looks like one. I also found this, also a flameblaster build, but the skill tree significantly differs from yours. I'm not sure which one is better, or at least what the actual difference between them, and since both of you make solid points about the build I'm torn apart

His build won't work well in 2.3, as you won't be able to reach 100% chaos conversion anymore. I guess his build might be a bit safer but on the other hand he clears slower (beacon of ruin). Also he's most likely struggling with mana sustain, especially on higher maps with 40-60% less regen or no regen at all.
CET Timezone
hey mate.

Looked at ur build.

What do u think about a build close to this one but with Firestorm and Pledge of hand / mom set up ?
And maybe iron will in links ?
"
Sivluu wrote:
"
etofok wrote:
hey Sivluu thanks for the write-up

I'm new to the game and trying to pick a decent build and flameblaster looks like one. I also found this, also a flameblaster build, but the skill tree significantly differs from yours. I'm not sure which one is better, or at least what the actual difference between them, and since both of you make solid points about the build I'm torn apart

His build won't work well in 2.3, as you won't be able to reach 100% chaos conversion anymore. I guess his build might be a bit safer but on the other hand he clears slower (beacon of ruin). Also he's most likely struggling with mana sustain, especially on higher maps with 40-60% less regen or no regen at all.

thanks for the answer, I'll be using your build then
"
Sivluu wrote:

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

loving and will start the buid in the new league. wondering in what order ascendancy points should be picked, please? thank you.

Shaper of Desolation > Pendulum of Destruction > Mastermind of Discord/Paragon of Calamity > Mastermind of Discord/Paragon of Calamity

Thanks for replying my question so quick.
"
Sivluu wrote:

"
slayer88 wrote:

I would like to know aswell your process for leveling a character in fresh league.

Kill Malachai cruel or daresso with a 4l flameblast on a pseudo self found character seems hard..

For leveling use spark + fire trap 1-12 lvl, then firestorm from 12-until you have a 4l flameblast and Shaper of Desolation.

Spark got nerfed pretty hard... and since we're grabbing Fire Walker right away, it might be better to use Magma Orb + Fire Trap until Firestorm.

And for HC, Flame Totem is really awesome in a fresh league. Great at drawing aggro and a good damage boost for fire-based spellcasters, with minimal investment. Maybe even throw Searing Bond in there as well since you get a free one now.

edit: also it seems like picking up Shaman's Dominion while leveling could be a good way to proc Elemental Overload if you're planning to lean on Flame Totem like I am
Last edited by Trentemoller on Jun 1, 2016, 1:10:59 PM
Hi, what's your tooltip dps? and do i have to get weapon with add fire to spell or any kind of dmg will do?
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
3,140 unbuffed
3,579 pendulum of destruction
4,634 ele overload + on kill effect from boots
5,281 ele overload + pendulum of destruction + on kill effect from boots

boss setup (conc effect, chance to ignite)
6,139 unbuffed
7,008 pendulum of destruction
9,060 ele overload + on kill effect from boots
10,341 ele overload + pendulum of destruction + on kill effect from boots

13.7 casts per second

Flat fire damage is the most optimal as we scale mainly fire damage on the tree. We also lower fire resist through penetration and flammability.

"
doppelski wrote:

hey mate.

Looked at ur build.

What do u think about a build close to this one but with Firestorm and Pledge of hand / mom set up ?

Should work well, just don't use Ele Prolif gem.
CET Timezone
Last edited by Sivluu on Jun 1, 2016, 1:11:55 PM
Hey Sivluu,

If you were going to play this build in HC, and wanted to alter it to make use of Liege of the Primordial, how would you do it? Would you drop Paragon, or Mastermind? And which Golems would you use?

If I were to do this, I think I would grab Liege for my 6th (instead of Mastermind). How does 80% increased fire damage from a Flame Golem compare against 25% fire pen from Mastermind? I'm not really sure how the math works. Something tells me 25% fire pen is definitely better, but the idea of also having a Chaos or Stone golem running around for defensive purposes is really attractive.

This way, we could drop Orb of Storms and instead dedicate some links to buffing the golems, which apparently become pretty beefy aggro-drawers when they're immune to ele dmg.
"
Sivluu wrote:
3,140 unbuffed
3,579 pendulum of destruction
4,634 ele overload + on kill effect from boots
5,281 ele overload + pendulum of destruction + on kill effect from boots

boss setup (conc effect, chance to ignite)
6,139 unbuffed
7,008 pendulum of destruction
9,060 ele overload + on kill effect from boots
10,341 ele overload + pendulum of destruction + on kill effect from boots

13.7 casts per second

Flat fire damage is the most optimal as we scale mainly fire damage on the tree. We also lower fire resist through penetration and flammability.

"
doppelski wrote:

hey mate.

Looked at ur build.

Should work well, just don't use Ele Prolif gem.

Ty for reply, much appreciated.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info