Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQl_Qi9DW5UlNsC6crl5U9X5MnTLO-in_G74jQH6EvytPBxfk37-u0DOwYWFrXz-q6RnGP-iy_UilJsQ18NAqDCfDV0NAV11XgV8k3Zm-eYENJUUcGhq4o-jeDLKbKSm492-dWY4LHuJOm61FMX7C-gGwItMX56BzcrEebtfGKwuwYPOvujxp9W4TFBbW9J6cIKk2NvxqNGFaPRtgkAO4_J1FHWyZR-zbFVkgs6UrIN9R_-80Wi3qGs4qvbqrtPx8YAW-QEbXy4vd7w3gNhEjAGlxrbzvDbQ== ci version 13k~ es with rly rly trash gear and 15-16k with end game gear triple the hp of a life based flameblaster with more dps , dont forget that most COC discharger have 12k es with vollsprotector this has potential for 900es vaal regali

Yea, but these coc dischargers can constantly leech life. This is impossible with flameblast. The issue of acquiring all those jewels still stands, too.

"
Eltharion02 wrote:
Hi :).

Have you ever think about a CI version of your build? and the Pro and cons?
I'm looking for my next build and thinking about Flameblast as CI with Grace + discipline which basicaly would change a lot. Do you have any advice? Or you just think it's a waste of time and energy to go this way :p.

The main problem with CI would be ES sustain. You'll either need a high regen or instant leech (which kinda sucks since flameblast is just a 1 hit as opposed to constantly leeching with vms/coc).
If you choose leech - you'll need a life leech gem or run warlord's mark. So that means giving up 1 gem or running 2 curses/giving up flammability.
If you choose regen - you'll have to invest heavily into it passive-wise, and you're giving up the possibility of using Skyforths.

Well, the biggest advantage of going CI is a bigger pool. And I suppose that's really it, can't think of any other ups of CI with this build.
CET Timezone
Insxicht :D cant wait to play again :)
Yes indeed, I didn't realise the life leech would be really bad due to the 1 hit Flameblast. I guess it just can't work well with ES. I'll find something else tho, ty :).
so where you got 68% more radius from ele prolif gem
I explained it under 'why no beacon of ruin'
CET Timezone
I've got to ask because I've been listening to it over and over again for the last 35ish minutes... but what is the music in your RIP video? It sounds fantastic!

(Also, fantastic build, by the way. I'll be giving it a go as a starter character for HCP, with my own modifications, but you gave one hell of an edifice, my good sir.)

:)
Andromeda - Jacoo
Here's the full mix, good stuff: https://youtu.be/18NHV4nJLQc
CET Timezone
Last edited by Sivluu on May 31, 2016, 1:14:37 PM
I intend to do this build this league as well. Did it last league, ripped to dual piety critting me in temple map. Took me a bit by surprise, but totally avoidable with crappy dual wands and only being lvl 79 or so.

It is a very good build and will only get stronger with the prolif aoe buff. Great clear speed. Bear in mind that I am very, very picky with builds. This build ticks almost every "box". That said, these are the downsides/ things you should be aware of in HC:
It does require some quite solid flask management. Keep em up! The HP is not huge, and the cloak/ purity/ aa can only do so much! It is an obvious "don't get hit build", but spikes from those hedgehogs can hurt.

Like others have mentioned though, I also can't help being torn over going BM or not. HP is the biggest concern for me. In your rip video you have 6600HP at lvl 99, but that HP amount is far above what you will have with lower levels. Going dual wield, the cloak and eleron jewelery (with less HP) - the life pool is limited. But that extra 30%ish HP from bloodmagic + then using normal jewels, would buff the life quite a bit. I say 30%ish, because as BM you would use the "no mana reserved" dmg jewel that has no life. But ofc you lose the auras which has an obvious downside - both offensive and defensive.

Sivluu - could you tell me how much HP increase better life jewelery + BM gives your build? I understand you have a build you are testing stuff on (hence the additional versions you have made for 2.3) Im just so damn torn on the life part - and whether going BM could be smart.

Thanks so much for your great work and sharing!
7562 life with BM using:

instead of:

And one less 5% life jewel.
6650 life with my normal setup (lvl 99)

But now why I think it's not worth it:
In 2.3 getting Paragon of Calamity will allow you to use Version III of this build (look it up in the main post). In that version you replace Purity of Fire with a second blasphemy curse. Your curses are also going to be buffed by 40% (assuming 20q blasphemy). This essentially allows you to run either a 40% buffed temporal chains or enfeeble (or even both if you don't mind giving up blasphemy). Let's take a look at them:

40% buffed 20/20 Enfeeble:
Cursed enemies have -42% to Critical Strike Multiplier
Cursed enemies deal 42% less Damage
Cursed enemies have 37% reduced Critical Strike Chance
Cursed enemies have 54% reduced Accuracy Rating

40% buffed 20/20 Temporal Chains:
Cursed enemies are 54% slower

I'm pretty sure this is a vastly better option than getting 1k more life.

CET Timezone
Last edited by Sivluu on May 31, 2016, 4:03:25 PM
Probably gonna do this for my first prophecy HC character, thanks for the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info