[2.3 Occ] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!

I am 80 now with this build at 10k ES with 1-3 chaos items.
-Clearing speed: Excellent 5/5
-Single target damage: 4/5 with no shotgunning, very high.
-Survivability: 4.5/5 - I can't sleep while playing because of corrupting blood and ignite :P In all seriousness though, it is great but I never was in real danger up until now. The greatest threat will probably be physical damage+ stun.

Easily became one of my favorite builds.

"
deimoss wrote:
Is Infernal Mantle a decent solution before getting a gg ES chest?

Keep in mind you will be on low mana a lot of the time which is quite dangerous.

Is bated breath worth using in this build if you have enough resistances elsewhere?
Last edited by RestInPieces on Apr 4, 2016, 5:33:32 AM
"
ashaze wrote:
Hi,

very interesting build.

Sorry if this been asked before but since the chest does not require 5 link + how much better or not will this build be if using Shavs + low life?
It will be a lot worse. Low life builds scale off of auras and PA, and this build benefits very, very little from either one. The loss of CI, the added danger of poison, and the much lower ES will unnecessarily decrease the survivability of this build.

"
deimoss wrote:
Not really since you'll be "low mana" very often.

"
RestInPieces wrote:
-Survivability: 4.5/5 - I can't sleep while playing because of corrupting blood and ignite :P In all seriousness though, it is great but I never was in real danger up until now. The greatest threat will probably be physical damage+ stun.

Is bated breath worth using in this build if you have enough resistances elsewhere?
Are you using an Eye of Chayula for stun resist? I find that stun is the difference between life and death against hard hitters, so I always use stun immunity on my CI builds.

Physical damage is a slight concern since this build has no mitigation mechanism (asides from a bit of evasion), and my way of countering it is to use +% armor granite flasks and build up the ES pool even more. You can use CWDT + Molten Shell if you have enough strength for it, and you can use Enduring Cry for endurance charges if you really want that extra mitigation, it's a pretty solid method. You can also opt for Chaos Golem if you feel your damage is enough. Combining all of those will give you about ~10k armor and 16% additional phys mitigation, which is very solid.

I'm honestly too lazy to do that though, but if I were doing HC I would definitely make all of those options readily available to me.

I thought about Bated Breath, but I can't really think of an instance where 4k ES per second simply wasn't enough. But if you have enough resists from elsewhere to overcap, I don't see why not.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Apr 5, 2016, 12:36:10 AM
I just want to thank OP for this build. It's a very smooth easy to play char. Currently lvl 84, doing T7 maps, aiming for lvl 90. Except reflect maps, which I reroll, I have no problems with mediocre gear. I mean I invested 1-3 chaos for every piece except the 5L bow. 9.7K ES, gems only lvl 19, I have no troubles.

After I completed the core tree, I got the Unnatural calm wheel and now going for Breath of Flames. I'm also using Profane Bloom with Ice shot COH Flammability.
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
"
ashaze wrote:
Hi,

very interesting build.

Sorry if this been asked before but since the chest does not require 5 link + how much better or not will this build be if using Shavs + low life?
It will be a lot worse. Low life builds scale off of auras and PA, and this build benefits very, very little from either one. The loss of CI, the added danger of poison, and the much lower ES will unnecessarily decrease the survivability of this build.

"
deimoss wrote:
Not really since you'll be "low mana" very often.

"
RestInPieces wrote:

Are you using an Eye of Chayula for stun resist? I find that stun is the difference between life and death against hard hitters, so I always use stun immunity on my CI builds.

Physical damage is a slight concern since this build has no mitigation mechanism (asides from a bit of evasion), and my way of countering it is to use +% armor granite flasks and build up the ES pool even more. You can use CWDT + Molten Shell if you have enough strength for it, and you can use Enduring Cry for endurance charges if you really want that extra mitigation, it's a pretty solid method. You can also opt for Chaos Golem if you feel your damage is enough. Combining all of those will give you about ~10k armor and 16% additional phys mitigation, which is very solid.

I'm honestly too lazy to do that though, but if I were doing HC I would definitely make all of those options readily available to me.

I thought about Bated Breath, but I can't really think of an instance where 4k ES per second simply wasn't enough. But if you have enough resists from elsewhere to overcap, I don't see why not.

86 now doing t10-11 maps, yes stun is dangerous indeed :P It will be hard to part with my ES amulet, very hard, but it will be wise to use the eye.

Btw, I was looking at Darkscorn the other day - haven't tested it yet but it probably should be fast with this EA build. It does have a 25% phys taken as chaos and 25% phys dmg dealt converted to chaos which could make for another interesting occultist build with 25% free flat damage reduction.

PS:Also some thoughts - I shotgun bosses with echoed wall but I can't tell if it's actually worth doing it with EE and with the wall sometimes "bugging" - what's your experience?

If I remove the frost wall links I was thinking of adding a 3rd CWDT that will ensure that the 0.65 recharge will happen. For example a high level CWDT so that it procs only when in danger, with flame dash or LW or an actually defensive frost wall.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Apr 9, 2016, 2:46:19 PM
"
RestInPieces wrote:
86 now doing t10-11 maps, yes stun is dangerous indeed :P It will be hard to part with my ES amulet, very hard, but it will be wise to use the eye.

Btw, I was looking at Darkscorn the other day - haven't tested it yet but it probably should be fast with this EA build. It does have a 25% phys taken as chaos and 25% phys dmg dealt converted to chaos which could make for another interesting occultist build with 25% free flat damage reduction.

Whoa, I actually hadn't thought of Darkscorn. The free 25% physical damage negation is indeed extremely powerful with a CI bow build like this. Unfortunately, it will result in much, much lower clear speeds for an EA setup (1.38 APS compared to Quill Rain's 3.0 APS) or on a physical damage variant of this build (~250 pDPS compared to a ~350 pDPS bow).

If I ever have time, I will consider a Darkscorn variant of this build and see where it takes me, although it will be very difficult to find a skill that gives comparable clear speeds to Quill Rain EA. I might have to resort to a spell, trap, or mine if I try Darkscorn.

"
RestInPieces wrote:
PS:Also some thoughts - I shotgun bosses with echoed wall but I can't tell if it's actually worth doing it with EE and with the wall sometimes "bugging" - what's your experience?

If I remove the frost wall links I was thinking of adding a 3rd CWDT that will ensure that the 0.65 recharge will happen. For example a high level CWDT so that it procs only when in danger, with flame dash or LW or an actually defensive frost wall.
It's only two sockets, and it makes stationary bosses (e.g. Vaal, Atziri) much easier to kill. I find it worth having on me in general, I'll use it at least a dozen times per map clear even if it is quite buggy.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Apr 9, 2016, 2:56:47 PM
I've been running this build and finding it fantastic fun.

My variations are:
I've been using Nomics Storm boots (40% move speed on full shield)
I switched one jewel into life nodes converted to mana at +200%
I use flame dash instead of LW since it seems a shame to waste all the fire damage nodes. (this is on reflection probably a bad idea because of EE?)

This definitely has been the cause of some deaths from physical burst but the faster move speed and mana regen seems worth it to me (my standard use flask is +move speed with fire/bleed/freeze flasks on standby).

Anyway looking at other EA guides it seems that the EA explosion damage is calculated from the 1st arrow? so for mobile non-icewall bosses you could have a different set of EA links using a slower bow in the offhand. Fire one arrow, switch to your QR and pew in 4 more then hit with curse before it pops.

Use a +2 bow gems & +1 all gems bow with EA + Chance to Ignite + Inc burning damage + fire penetration + Concentrated effect maybe? I didn't set this up yet so haven't really looked at the best gems.

a +3 5l is pretty expensive but you might still improve things with a +2 4l?

Another question, how are people hitting high enough accuracy? I'm finding this an issue with bosses, guess I need to focus more on accuracy gear.
Last edited by blueghost on Apr 13, 2016, 3:07:40 AM
Would doing this build as a trickster focusing more on buffer and evasion, possibly running grace, be viable?

Thinking of trying this build, but picking up shade form and swift killer. Partly because I'm loathe to 5L/6L a quill rain and a hybrid es/ev piece could roll the colors. Also we'd be looking at 7 frenzy with a corrupted eye, frenetic, kraityn, and swift killer. Bump that to 8 if something like +1 frenzy rainbowstrides are available.

Should be able to get the start of recharge about as low as occultist though obviously I'd lose the 'recharge cannot be stopped' modifier. Kinda hoping the 10k or so evasion + additional 150 es can compensate but watching some of your runs I've doubts.

Thoughts?
It's really amazing build. Just keep drinking mana flasks, I can even faceroll against the most of the boss.
As it is my third character, I can assure that this build is one of the strongest one.
Thanks for the guide.

Anyway, I use Malediction rather than Vile Bation. How do you think about Vile Bastion versus Malediction?
Already wearing Eye of chayula as an amulet,I think immunity of stun of Vile bastion is useless.
ES recharges in 0.75s after getting damage, makes character almost invulnerable without ES regeneration.
Choosing vile bastion, we can always sustain the effect of atziri's promise, killing rare & unique mobs more faster. Also we can use one more curse. With curse on hit setting, enfeeble or elemental weakness can be used depends on the map.

I played more game, and I can feel that It's really crazy build!
I can just run lab straight forward no matter where traps are, clearing lab in 7min.
T13 Excavation twinned mod, T14 Palace twinned mod are also possible!
I even doesn't have any 6 link item! It's amazing!
ign:YeobaeK
Last edited by oraclea on Apr 18, 2016, 6:25:43 PM
Hi,
this build is amazing! :)
If you have problem with mana guys try play with that:

its all about my mana problem, and i can spam all time :P
And yes, wall is bugged but still worth to use it...
Hi KuteKitteh, thanks for this awesome build; I am at level 82 now and running T10 maps it has been a blast so far, best build I have done to date.

The only thing is I feel like my single target DPS is kind of low. Sadly enough, I am fine in T10 maps because I have the room to move around and kill bosses but I still struggle with Atziri as it takes a long time to kill her (although you could blame that on my lack of skill on avoiding her attacks) as I don't have as much room to move around. Also Lightning warp is very slow in comparison to Whirling blades.

I am sitting at 10k ES right now, I am willing to sacrifice a bit if there is a way I can gear towards a bit more towards damage either through passives or gear. Let me know please? Thank you!
Spoiler

Tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info