[2.3 Occ] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!

You can also use a normal CI witch build (for example firestorm or arc or freezing pulse or w/e, but it has to not be too reliant on non-es uniques, and on its ascendancy class) and remove the weapon(s) and shield if any and put the Soul Strike quiver in the right slot and leave the left slot empty. Now the reason for being unarmed is cuz you can use Doryani's Fist, which makes up for the lost stats from not using a weapon, in terms of damage. Then simply respec into Occultist and voala, you've successfully integrated the "4k ES regen per sec with 0.75 delay" into your build. Obviously you'll lose a tiny bit of dps, like 5-10%, but it's definitely worth it.
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Mar 23, 2016, 1:57:58 PM
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
You can also use a normal CI witch build (for example firestorm or arc or freezing pulse or w/e, but it has to not be too reliant on non-es uniques, and on its ascendancy class) and remove the weapon(s) and shield if any and put the Soul Strike quiver in the right slot and leave the left slot empty. Now the reason for being unarmed is cuz you can use Doryani's Fist, which makes up for the lost stats from not using a weapon, in terms of damage. Then simply respec into Occultist and voala, you've successfully integrated the "4k ES regen per sec with 0.75 delay" into your build. Obviously you'll lose a tiny bit of dps, like 5-10%, but it's definitely worth it.
Unfortunately I don't have a Doryani's fist, nor do I have time to test that out now that it's the thick of the semester. If you want, you can test that out and let me know how the clearspeed is.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
Excellency wrote:
I want you to know that the pursuit of this build has put me through a lot of suffering. I was riding the struggle bus for so long. Now that I'm actually leveled up enough to start using the quiver, even with a fraction of the gear I should have, I'm finally seeing some returns, and it feels ... great!

I just hit 33 and it's gotten a lot easier but im pretttttttty scared. I went ES shield first, then went right to shadow and grabbed the elemental dmg specs plus ES/evasion. Then I filled in the Es/health nodes, es/mana nodes, and now I'm going to the left to grab zealot and the health/chaos resists. After I grab the health/chaos I'm going to fill in templar and then it might be time to respec CI. There should be at least 10 nodes that I'll be able to respec out of.

I haven't quite determined what order I want to try and grab the fire nodes at the top. Those might come before templar but I really need the health/chaos resist.

I'm currently about 600 health 500 ES at level 33. But I also have some stupidly OP fire gear that gives me the 17% physical damage reduction.

Also, if you grab a reverberation at level 24 it will make your life 10000% easier.

I'm running fire traps, fire nova bomb, and flame surge. It's pretty absurd damage.

I've been really careful to try and reset my gear when i hit harder areas. In the past I've been leveling so fast I end up in areas poorly equipped and get killed pretty easy.
What skills would you suggest other than EA? EA is extremely boring to me
I recently invested in these:

Alongside Profane Bloom they really help supercharge my damage. I don't have all of the quality gems or damage on the tree yet so my single-target is still rough, clear speed however ... very nice.
As I'm sure you've noticed, Frost Wall is currently bugged so that some projectiles fly through it, and some projectiles stick in it without detonating. I played a high-armour BM version of EA a couple leagues ago and this was THE most frustrating part of the build for me. I've heard you can get around this by using Spell Echo with Frost Wall, at least it makes it half as likely that a projectile will pass through. Putting it on a totem also seems to solve this bug. Have you tried either of these things?

Props on the build though, people are really afraid to use mana flasks for some reason even though they're extremely useful (I had a build that used a Mana flask Of Warding -- Silence, Temp Chains etc just didn't exist for me!).

Oh one last thought -- Quill Rain + Blink Arrow is an awesome combo, have you tried it? Do you just prefer LW? The +%proj speed and high attack speed of Quill Rain make Blink Arrow into basically a teleport, but it does have a short cooldown.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Hey Kiteh,

I just came by to say thanks for this build. Your tanky incenerator from way back was the first build that got me into poe endgame content. I kept my witch from back then despite the incinerate nerf for "sentimental" reasons. Now, that I saw your new build I respecced her and decided to try CI EA and I'm amazed! You've outdone yourself once again! I was able to clear a 6 mod plateau map with a level 13 EA on a 5 link with the new build. In most circumstances I feel I could grab fresh coffee while face tanking, while not really lacking in damage either.

The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is the ice wall combo for bosses. As ThatsSoGoodman has stated it doesn't seem very reliable. Can you provide some insight on how to counteract that issue?

Thanks again for the build, I'd love to see it supported for later patches to the game. It's worth it!

edit: Oh btw, I went for shrapnel shot, gmp, coh, flammablity and it curses screens very realiably, no need to go for the 5 link coh setup at all.

edit 2: linking frost wall - spell echo on helped a lot but doesn't quite fully get rid of the unreliability.
Last edited by mesred on Mar 24, 2016, 10:10:30 PM
"
Yun wrote:
What skills would you suggest other than EA? EA is extremely boring to me

"
KuteKitteh wrote:
You could hypothetically use any phys-fire bow skill and use Avatar of Fire, or you could also use any lightning bow skill with Phys to Lightning. Either one will allow you to stock up on physical and elemental damage nodes that surround witch, templar, and shadow. DPS will be much lower though.
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Another alternative I thought of was using a lightning spell with Voltaxic and building lightning-chaos, but that would really boost the cost of the build, and I strongly doubt that the DPS will come anywhere near that of EA.

"
Excellency wrote:
I recently invested in these:

Alongside Profane Bloom they really help supercharge my damage. I don't have all of the quality gems or damage on the tree yet so my single-target is still rough, clear speed however ... very nice.
Wow that's pretty sweet.

Single-target is where the difference between gem level/quality stands out. Remember to use Frost Wall to keep up the shotgun AOE.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
As I'm sure you've noticed, Frost Wall is currently bugged so that some projectiles fly through it, and some projectiles stick in it without detonating. I played a high-armour BM version of EA a couple leagues ago and this was THE most frustrating part of the build for me. I've heard you can get around this by using Spell Echo with Frost Wall, at least it makes it half as likely that a projectile will pass through. Putting it on a totem also seems to solve this bug. Have you tried either of these things?

Props on the build though, people are really afraid to use mana flasks for some reason even though they're extremely useful (I had a build that used a Mana flask Of Warding -- Silence, Temp Chains etc just didn't exist for me!).

Oh one last thought -- Quill Rain + Blink Arrow is an awesome combo, have you tried it? Do you just prefer LW? The +%proj speed and high attack speed of Quill Rain make Blink Arrow into basically a teleport, but it does have a short cooldown.
Thanks for mentioning it. I will look into it, and I will try to add a more in-depth explanation to the mechanics concerning Frost Wall and the possible work-arounds in Post 2 sometime later if I find some sort of reliable way to fix it, which I am currently struggling with.

I love lightning warp because it has no cooldown, so it's completely reliable asides from the stray Silence. This is of utmost importance to me when I'm fighting a mobile enemy and I need to take advantage of every chance to kite. I feel like the Atziri Trio would be much, much harder with Blink Arrow.
"
mesred wrote:
Hey Kiteh,

I just came by to say thanks for this build. Your tanky incenerator from way back was the first build that got me into poe endgame content. I kept my witch from back then despite the incinerate nerf for "sentimental" reasons. Now, that I saw your new build I respecced her and decided to try CI EA and I'm amazed! You've outdone yourself once again! I was able to clear a 6 mod plateau map with a level 13 EA on a 5 link with the new build. In most circumstances I feel I could grab fresh coffee while face tanking, while not really lacking in damage either.

The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is the ice wall combo for bosses. As ThatsSoGoodman has stated it doesn't seem very reliable. Can you provide some insight on how to counteract that issue?

Thanks again for the build, I'd love to see it supported for later patches to the game. It's worth it!

edit: Oh btw, I went for shrapnel shot, gmp, coh, flammablity and it curses screens very realiably, no need to go for the 5 link coh setup at all.

edit 2: linking frost wall - spell echo on helped a lot but doesn't quite fully get rid of the unreliability.
Glad you're having fun with it. As stated above, I will update the second post further on Frost Wall workarounds!
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Mar 24, 2016, 10:46:18 PM
Regarding offsetting the mana hungry Explosive Arrow, I've found that the Lab enchant for your boots that gives (.x% of life/mana to be leeched if you've killed recently) to be fantastic for keeping my mana pool up. I wouldn't recommend dropping Clarity or your mana flask just due to this enchant though. If you haven't finalized your boots when gearing for end game, it may be worthwhile to check poe.trade and see if there is a pair of ES boots with this enchant on it. I'm at level 77 and enjoying the build. Elemental reflect will still dominate my 10k ES in a heartbeat though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info