[2.3 Occ] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!

For anyone who is considering this build in hopes of clearing high-end content ... just do it. Before this build I had never even stepped foot into The Apex of Sacrifice, I go in for the first time-- whole map, deathless, and fast too! Poorjoy's Asylum, what a joke. My gear isn't even that great either, aside from the 5-link Quill Rain I'd say my total investment is around 45C. I did get lucky on that front though, six sockets and 5 links using only 20 jewelers and 6 fusing.

Leveling is the hardest part, definitely go hybrid as KuteKitteh suggests, I'd even path to the jewel slots and fill those with life too. I used three different build-styles while leveling and oddly enough using physical attacks with unique weapons ended up being the smoothest. If I could go back at it with a bit more money than I had then I'd do face-breaker infernal blow.
Thanks for your testimony! Apex does turn into a joke with the regen tanking, glad you could do ez-Atziri with this build!
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
As of 3/29/16 this is an awesome build!

I sat down and made this tonight. I have not been this satisfied in a long time. I also made a couple of tweaks to your build that I think everyone on a budget can do and the changes enhance the strengths of this build.

First: Use Atziri's Splendor armor to solve your mana issue . It has all the stats you need, you can get a non-linked one cheap, and it gives 100 mana on kill. You never run out of mana or anything even close with this when you are doing trash mobs. It does not help with bosses, of course.

Second: Use Romira's Banquet ring to keep the Elemental Overload procs up. Accuracy/Mana/Crit/charges? Yes please!

Third: I drop Eye of Chuyala for a necklace with ES + (whatever other stats are needed). This also allows the use of a cast when stunned setup using cold snap (it uses the power charges). Honestly though, I don't find myself getting stunned much. I do have a good bit of life on my gear, so that may be why.

Fouth: You are only 2 pts away from the "Shaper" passive beneath Elemental Equilibrium. I dropped the mana reserve nodes beneath CI for the regen on Shaper and I am very happy with it that way.

Excellent build 10/10 would recommend to a friend. Thanks again!
Another great build from you :)
Got any extra guidelines for hardcore? How about squeezing in MoM or AA for a little extra survivability? Would mana be manageable with these?

Also has anyone tried totem+frost wall or CWDT+frost wall and found it more effective in boss fights?
Last edited by RestInPieces on Mar 30, 2016, 3:58:24 PM
Currently leveling up in PHC and had a few observations. For background, I switched from Storm Call to EA at Cruel A1, approx level 42. I used a 5L Quill immediately. I just spec'd into CI at 65 when I got my ES chest. Still getting used to CI.

5 Link Quill is HUGE
Faster attacks + Less Duration makes clearing very fast. I tried other gems in place of faster attacks and found FA almost necessary for my sanity

Frost wall is wonderful
I find myself using and abusing Frost Wall a ton. Explosions can happen through frost wall. I've noticed that the explosion graphics don't always happen when stuck in FW but the damage still registers. Even a poorly placed FW allows me to dance around and position better.

Thanks for the fun fast paced build.
Thanks for the great feedback guys!

@Phaesrole, I really thought about Atziri's Splendor but decided against it last minute because I try to optimize my build for worst-case scenarios, i.e. boss fights (hence why you rarely see me employing kill-based mechanics). That's also why I opted for an Eye of Chayula, since a worst-case stunlock situation can get nasty. I do agree that an amulet with resists, mana regen, ES%, and flat ES has a lot of utility though, and I'm glad your gear has enough life to support that.

Romira's is a very interesting choice, I actually hadn't thought of that. I can only imagine your EO having virtually 100% uptime.

@RestInPeaces, This build is already pretty HC-viable. You can definitely use AA if you want, although this build is very mobile and will benefit very little from AA. Honestly, the only modifications I would make would be to grab the flask nodes and start guzzling granite flasks a little more often. MoM only applies to life and this build is CI, but even if this build were life-based, the mana drain is too severe to support MoM.

Frost Wall totem would be detrimental since they would constantly be pushing the bosses away from the blast radius of the arrows stuck in the first frost wall. I can see CWDT Frost Wall having defensive utility, but I prefer to have predictability in my movement, and random frost walls especially in tight spaces can be dangerous. Self-casting spell echo'd frost wall is the best option IMO.

@Seufari, glad you're having fun with this build, and glad you find the build fast-paced enough for your tastes. How was the switch to EA at Cruel? Did you start with a 4 link setup or a 5/6 link?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Mar 31, 2016, 12:31:18 PM
Hi,

very interesting build.

Sorry if this been asked before but since the chest does not require 5 link + how much better or not will this build be if using Shavs + low life?
This build has CRAZY regen, if you are looking for a build to just chill, clear maps and not stress about death, do this build. Its CHEAP and fast, the only downside is the mana cost but that is an easy fix; If you want to play in chill mode with 1 hand just add mana leech to your EA. Sweet build :)
Last edited by Scotty on Mar 31, 2016, 3:11:13 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Thanks for the great feedback guys!
@Seufari, glad you're having fun with this build, and glad you find the build fast-paced enough for your tastes. How was the switch to EA at Cruel? Did you start with a 4 link setup or a 5/6 link?

The switch to EA in Cruel A1 was easier than anticipated. I had a 5L setup from the get go. I experimented with different gem setups but anything that did not include Less Duration + Faster Attacks felt wrong. I would suggest switching earlier rather than later so you can get used to mashing the Mana Pot. After Cruel + Merc, I have the timing down great. Felt surprisingly safe for life/ES hybrid. Occultist Wicked Ward helped a ton I think.

I just made the switch to CI and need to purchase a few more items. The hardest part about this transition is going to be the flask setup. I have never played CI and it is COMPLETELY different for flasks. I have used the same basic flask setup with very minor variations for all my previous life based characters and now will need to get used to different situational keystrokes.
Is Infernal Mantle a decent solution before getting a gg ES chest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info