GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey Guys,

I gotta be straight up, I'm looking for a huge favour with suggestions of gear and tree. I've been having trouble recently with surviving so I got to resistance cap but after going back to maps its still been rough.

I got lucky and found an ex and have about another ex worth in currency so I think I have some options. Probably not enough to craft the bow and quiver version, but maybe you guys know some things I'm missing

I'll put all my gear here:
Spoiler

Some research I've done that I know will improve things:
-complete merciless lab for Ghost dance(then escape artist)
-I've read that Carcass Jack is a trap and I've seen Perfect Form might be an upgrade(is arctic armour even worth?). After thinking more this would let me speck out of Acrobatics which may be beneficial
-Put my next skill points into jewel slots for % health increases
-Just recently bought the stygian and abyss jewel which were pretty good I think because high health and with the open suffix I can fix some resistances after new upgraded gear
-saw that

were suggested but do you think that would apply?
-I was also contemplating getting 2 rings with 70+ health on each, but I kind of liked the dream fragments because of the no chill/frozen. Am I being suckered into keeping it/ should I get 2 new rings with good life(and res)?

I really appreciate anyone taking the time, seriously thank you.

Good luck everyone
"
Tydeo wrote:
Hey Guys,

I gotta be straight up, I'm looking for a huge favour with suggestions of gear and tree. I've been having trouble recently with surviving so I got to resistance cap but after going back to maps its still been rough.

I got lucky and found an ex and have about another ex worth in currency so I think I have some options. Probably not enough to craft the bow and quiver version, but maybe you guys know some things I'm missing

I'll put all my gear here:
Spoiler

Some research I've done that I know will improve things:
-complete merciless lab for Ghost dance(then escape artist)
-I've read that Carcass Jack is a trap and I've seen Perfect Form might be an upgrade(is arctic armour even worth?). After thinking more this would let me speck out of Acrobatics which may be beneficial
-Put my next skill points into jewel slots for % health increases
-Just recently bought the stygian and abyss jewel which were pretty good I think because high health and with the open suffix I can fix some resistances after new upgraded gear
-saw that

were suggested but do you think that would apply?
-I was also contemplating getting 2 rings with 70+ health on each, but I kind of liked the dream fragments because of the no chill/frozen. Am I being suckered into keeping it/ should I get 2 new rings with good life(and res)?

I really appreciate anyone taking the time, seriously thank you.

Good luck everyone

Carcass jack is only good if you’re spamming t2 glaciers
Arctic armor is good, phys and fire DR, chilled ground
I can run around Basilica and (forgot the other map) boss, dropping chilled ground around him and he couldnt even lay a hand on me (required for the challenge, 4 statues moved)

Just get an antifreeze flask, dream frag isnt worth
Unset ring with +2 level of socketed gems with some life and resist to slot Malevolence in is good
Hi, I've bought recently a bow to increase my dmg (70k dot dps before bow) and now I have around 182k in-game tooltip with malevolence. I can't see how to improve my dps and everyone is like "I have 700k on ED". (I'm new into the game, I've been playing 10-11 days)

Spoiler

this is my currently build https://pastebin.com/yf2eX4RE
Additionally, I will probably make the following changes:
1) Bane is no longer one-shotting at high tier maps. Replace this with Contagion. This can clear the whole screen with one single ED follow-up, instead of spamming Bane repeatedly, then single out stragglers with multiple EDs.
2) Replace Totem/Blight with CWDT->Immortal Call->Temporal Chains-Inc Duration.
3) Replace Discipline with Flesh And Stone
4) Turn off MoM/ED and add in Arcane Surge.
These are not my ideas. Lifted from this setup:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kabrex/characters (Furty_ParExcellence)
Hello all. Looking for suggestions. I've read through many of the posts to try and get a better idea of what I need. I am not very good at the game, although I enjoy it very much. This is the furthest I have ever gotten in a league. I seem to have stalled around T13 maps. I would like to be able to clear the atlas totally before the end of the league, as I have never seen that content. I am not good at making currency and get most of it from drops, and the 2 chaos recipe. I don't have the currency to go with a top level bow.

I 'upgraded' my boots for res and energy shield, but lost my movement speed. Regretting that now.

I am guessing my weapon and shield are the obvious choice for improvement as I don't recall updating them recently.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Snow_leopardd/characters

Any constructive input appreciated.
"
Snow_leopardd wrote:
I am guessing my weapon and shield are the obvious choice for improvement as I don't recall updating them recently.

Any constructive input appreciated.

You can sell your 6-link Perfect Form for 6ex, buy normal for couple chaos and use the ex for bow.
got new toys to play with
Spoiler
I've had a lot of fun with this build! It definitely opens up when you can get a Perfect Form and a Diadem.
Been mostly running monos on white tier maps this league so I've set my gems up towards running that content.
I swap Controlled Destruction (in the blight setup) for Flame Dash, and use the empty socket for Portal while clearing monos.
The timeless jewel giving basically perma onslaught and a load of dex is HUGE as I need the dex to efficiently get another 6% MS on the bow. I highly recommend spending the jewel slot on a Brutal Restraint if you can. With all these things coming together the build runs at around 180% MS. 970k DoT dps, 49k EV rating, and 7700 EHP at lvl 90.

Now just saving to replace my found, effectively 2 stat jewel (last one linked) with a nice watcher's eye.

Would love to hear your thoughts :)

Last edited by Notorphious on Jul 19, 2019, 3:22:46 PM

trying to figure out if i want to multi craft this for for the build. Just bought a watchers eye. Anyone know if the timeless gems are any good and which one and in which socket we want to put them in?

I guess I'm just at the point where I'm maximizing the build
I'm trying to find out how despair works. Because I saw in the video you were just casting bane without even casting despair even though the despair cloud popped up above the enemies. How do you do this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info