GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Popczii wrote:
I need some help with my gear, i dont know how to not die on 12/13 tier maps, dont know where to go with passive points etc..

You can put on Flesh and Stone (use sand form). I think you can find a way to reserve that mana, even if it means equipping a witchfire brew for despair curse, and then taking that off the blasphemy link.

If you also put your portal gem on your weapon swap, now you will have two free gem sockets. You can put in CWDT + Immortal Call.

If you are doing this, you might as well throw enfeeble onto the CWDT setup if you're able to use Discipline or Zealotry instead. I don't think you should really need enfeeble as an aura, cuz you should be able to take a hit to proc it, and the debuff will last for almost 10 seconds afterwards. You would get the extra gem off of your 5-link Contagion probably. (in terms of gem levels for this CWDT setup, you can look at my character if you don't know)

Replacing Silver flask with Basalt will also help.

You can get 9 more max life by Bless Orbing your leather belt.

Your skill tree is wasting 2 points (+10 int, +10 dex) on the far side of your Spreading Rot jewel. I have alot more life nodes than you do. You are using some mediocre Energy Shield nodes, but I feel like you don't really have that much ES on your gear. Maybe those would make more sense in conjunction with the Discipline aura though, so that could be fine.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jul 16, 2019, 9:02:23 AM
"
"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Hey guys, looking for advice as to what would be the next things to upgrade to further improve effective life + dmg:

Stats:
lvl 90, with MoM, EB + Wicked ward.
ED tooltip: 284/290k DoT (w/o, with golem)
Life: 4.7K / ES: 2.5k, Mana: 243/1620

Spoiler

I recently dropped Wicked Ward and didn't notice a change. Beat UE multiple times deathless without it, so I think you could use those points elsewhere.

Due to pathing, it was only 1 point to grab wicked ward.

For those that have done shaper and the elder, how much dot DPS you need to do it comfortably? Is 300k dot dps fine?
I haven't had the chance to do either boss in previous leagues.

Edit: also, is there a better quiver option than soul strike, or does it synergise well with this setup?
Last edited by xFlameKnightx on Jul 16, 2019, 9:59:31 AM
"
xsnowingx wrote:
Got myself a few new toys to play with this past weekend, even though I said I wouldn't be changing my gear again. Am going on vaca for a couple weeks, will be excited to see everyone's gear when I get back ^^

Spoiler

Nice! I dunno if I'm looking into upgrading anything at this point. I'm pretty content with my build as it is. There are obviously other things I can improve, but I'm more into actually playing. We'll see how I feel in a week or so. The exalts keep rolling in so whatever happens, there wont be much I can't afford to do.
"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
"
"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Hey guys, looking for advice as to what would be the next things to upgrade to further improve effective life + dmg:

Stats:
lvl 90, with MoM, EB + Wicked ward.
ED tooltip: 284/290k DoT (w/o, with golem)
Life: 4.7K / ES: 2.5k, Mana: 243/1620

Spoiler

I recently dropped Wicked Ward and didn't notice a change. Beat UE multiple times deathless without it, so I think you could use those points elsewhere.

For those that have done shaper and the elder, how much dot DPS you need to do it comfortably? Is 300k dot dps fine?

Edit: also, is there a better quiver option than soul strike, or does it synergise well with this setup?

1. I dropped Wicked Ward as for me I didn't even need to be going that far out of the way for anything because of my gear. I feel like it's a wasted skill point. Looks good on paper, but defensively i feel no difference. I actually feel like I have more ES uptime without it.

2. That should be fine, just have to move around a lot. I'm currently about 460K Shaper DPS and it feels comfortable. Watch a video first. I use Soulrend/Bane so my single target is a bit stronger.

3. There are better quivers, but if you don't need the stats others provide, then Soul Strike works with this build pretty well. And it's cheap. I chose it mainly for that reason, which is kinda funny because my rares are in the neighborhood of 100c - 2ex in each slot (depending on the time of day you search). Mainly to compensate for my life and resists. Rare boots and a Rare quiver might be better option for me, but I like what I have just fine.
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jul 16, 2019, 11:15:49 AM
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
"

1. I dropped Wicked Ward as for me I didn't even need to be going that far out of the way for anything because of my gear. I feel like it's a wasted skill point. Looks good on paper, but defensively i feel no difference. I actually feel like I have more ES uptime without it.

2. That should be fine, just have to move around a lot. I'm currently about 460K Shaper DPS and it feels comfortable. Watch a video first. I use Soulrend/Bane so my single target is a bit stronger.

3. There are better quivers, but if you don't need the stats others provide, then Soul Strike works with this build pretty well. And it's cheap. I chose it mainly for that reason, which is kinda funny because my rares are in the neighborhood of 100c - 2ex in each slot (depending on the time of day you search). Mainly to compensate for my life and resists. Rare boots and a Rare quiver might be better option for me, but I like what I have just fine.

To add to this, you can also get some nice/useful stats (aside from life/res) on a shaped quiver, like projectile speed/movement speed. Some nice QOL stuff if you don't need/want anything else.
You can get good offensive mods on gloves / rings / ammy, so imo your quiver makes a really good stat stick for maxing out on resses, life, and any required attributes.

Yes you can technically get a GG shaped movespeed one, because movespeed (Shaper) or pierce (Elder) are both prefixes, which don't have many good outcomes, but the odds of maxing out the potential stats and ALSO having that are almost zero. I've been trying to get a great shaped one on and off but its so rare, I can't find it. And you can't multimod it cause you lose out on a suffix for more stacked res.

It may be doable with fossil crafting, but I have not looked into it.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jul 16, 2019, 9:19:02 PM
Thanks for this build guide. I have been using it with great success to reach level 90 with 390k DoT DPS, 5500 life, 2500 ES.

A couple of questions re movement skills. I had Flame Dash linked with Faster Casting and Arcane Surge, before I realized Eldritch Battery makes Arcane Surge stops working, ergo I now have a free slot in weapon. I have another free slot along with Malevolence, Discipline in shield. Suggestions for these slots?

I was using Phase Run, Increased Duration, Efficacy earlier, but found little use for it.

I now have Vaal Blight, Controlled Destruction, Infused Channelling, Efficacy instead, mostly as a backup plan for huge mobs and/or getting stuck.

I never could figure out how Vaal Righteous Fire fits in with Phase Run? I tried it, but it killed me promptly. EDIT: I must have used the regular Righteous Fire. LOL. Trying out Vaal Righteous Fire now instead of Vaal Blight.

Yet I have two free slots, perhaps Vaal Lightning Trap for one.

Last edited by Valolrak on Jul 17, 2019, 2:45:52 AM
"
Valolrak wrote:
Thanks for this build guide. I have been using it with great success to reach level 90 with 390k DoT DPS, 5500 life, 2500 ES.

A couple of questions re movement skills. I had Flame Dash linked with Faster Casting and Arcane Surge, before I realized Eldritch Battery makes Arcane Surge stops working, ergo I now have a free slot in weapon. I have another free slot along with Malevolence, Discipline in shield. Suggestions for these slots?

I was using Phase Run, Increased Duration, Efficacy earlier, but found little use for it.

I now have Vaal Blight, Controlled Destruction, Infused Channelling, Efficacy instead, mostly as a backup plan for huge mobs and/or getting stuck.

I never could figure out how Vaal Righteous Fire fits in with Phase Run? I tried it, but it killed me promptly. EDIT: I must have used the regular Righteous Fire. LOL. Trying out Vaal Righteous Fire now instead of Vaal Blight.

Yet I have two free slots, perhaps Vaal Lightning Trap for one.

try vaal grace with increased duration
with solstice vigil it should be up for entirety of legion fights even on t16 (except generals maybe)
Thanks - Vaal Grace is a great additional layer. "Shaper's Presence" is granted by Solstice Vigil.. Hmm, I spent much of my lucky finds on Empower Lvl 4, so that will have to wait a little while :)
If anyone has any ideas on my build I would love the help. I have been keeping up with the last few pages and trying to see what I can do to maximize my build

Spoiler

the extra amulet is something i have in stash i crafted until i saw how good Solstice was. Also I dont know how to fit flame dash into the build still

I took blood and sand out to see fit flame dash but I have then I'm only running Artic armor and Malevolence with no 3rd aura
Last edited by Wiskibubbles on Jul 18, 2019, 2:07:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info