GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Can somebody explain the interaction between Mom + Eldritch Battery to me?
I seem to be much squishier with those two.
"
ThePrestiger wrote:
Hey guys. I'm pretty new around here. Soo, i have some questions about end game items.

1- What's the best chest piece for ED/Contagion Trickster? I'm thinking of buying one of those: The Perfect Form | Carcass Jack | Clock of Defiance | Shavronne's Wrappings | Cherrubim's Maleficence. But I'm not sure which one to choose. Can you help me with this choice?

2- I need a little help with my build preference. With the help of the poe.ninja, i was checked some of the high level, high dps characters. Some people have turned to pain attunement + zealoth's oath (with shavronne) Doing so, their dps is dramatically increased (about +1m dps) What do you think about that build, is it worth it? (Low life + High ES + High DPS)

3- If PA + Zealoth + Shavronne is not worth it, which keystones should I choose? I think this choice is linked to my choice of chest piece. (Like, some people use Phase Acrobatics and dont pick up phase acrobatics, or some people not using Mom at all) I love with my trickster ed. So, probably i'm gonna play him during legion (All of my investment to ed, dont think to run cheap) Considering all this, which keystones should I choose?

Many many thanks for your answers! Without this site I wouldn't even be able to play the game :)

Someone who knows anything about it? (I need a shiny armor knight :)
Last edited by ThePrestiger on Jun 16, 2019, 10:26:37 AM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
vrekstok wrote:
Heya everyone. I need some help!

First of all, my gear:

Yes, it's not all that good. A lot is extremely bad even. I'm currently saving up for a good weapon. Thinking about going for one of those bow-quiver setups instead of wand-shield.

So, can anybody give me some advice? I'm kind of stuck, progress-wise. Damage is also starting to get terribly low. It seems like I have SO MANY things to change and upgrade, I gets confusing and 'too much' very quick.

I always have troubles buying rare items because I simply don't know what exactly to look for, and how much those items are worth. Afraid of overpaying. I often try to find unique alternatives to keep it simple.

Just looking at your tree and gears. I see you've taken Acrobatic along with EB and Mom, you generally don't want to do this, read the Acrobatic keystone, it takes away 30% of your ES. I recommend you spec out of EB/Mom, your gears don't look like it can support it, there is a formula that helps you figure out the optimum ratio of ES to Life. On the front page, Ghazzy provided a calculator, read Defence & Utility, click on "Mind Over Matter eHP Calculator" and read that also.

You now want to focus on Evasion and Dodge for defense. If you choose to go this route, I recommend you unspec EB, Mom, Arcane Will, and Arcane Focus. This will save you nine points. Take the AoE node next to Lethal Assault and unspec the Eva/ES/Life/Resis node next to Resourcefulness. Take the dex node between Revenge of the Hunted and Acrobatics, then unspec the strength and dex nodes south of coordination, this will save you another point, you now have 10 points to play with.

I recommend taking Corruption. Arcane Swiftness and Sockets for more offense and Survivalist for more defense, play around with it in PoB.

I don't know if the Zeel shield will still be good if you're not going EB/Mom. Try to find/buy a high ES helmet (read Escape Artist), look for a wand with "non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier" with an open prefix to craft spell damage. If you don't already have 5ex, don't bother thinking about going bow.

Try out Flesh and Stone, I did and I like it so much I dropped Discipline for it.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm certain I can continue now.
Have a great day!
Are you guys using bane or contagion? I've been messing around with bane but it seems kinda underwhelming.
Is Carcass Jack good for this build? seems like it to me but i haven't seen anyone using it. Just picked up a 6 socket one and linking it (trying to) now
"
nexro wrote:
No, If you have Devouring Diadem all you need is Enlighten lvl 2 to be able run 3 auras(2x50% - into 2x37% and 1x35% - into 1x 26%).

Aah okay gotcha. Also. would I want to wait with the helm + 3 auras + enlighten after I get the dark impresence since I'd have to give up my despair if I'd want to do it now. Or is giving up the despair worth getting the helm + enlighten?

Thanks
"
Is Carcass Jack good for this build? seems like it to me but i haven't seen anyone using it. Just picked up a 6 socket one and linking it (trying to) now

It's been mentioned in this thread, but no - not really. I mean it's not bad, but the increased AoE isn't as great as some of the other defensive options out there.
Hi.
Should we still use ED if we're choosing bane instead of contagion? and if it's a yes, ED can still spread without contagion?
Last edited by Terter83 on Jun 16, 2019, 1:47:23 PM
"
FIy wrote:
"
nexro wrote:
No, If you have Devouring Diadem all you need is Enlighten lvl 2 to be able run 3 auras(2x50% - into 2x37% and 1x35% - into 1x 26%).

Aah okay gotcha. Also. would I want to wait with the helm + 3 auras + enlighten after I get the dark impresence since I'd have to give up my despair if I'd want to do it now. Or is giving up the despair worth getting the helm + enlighten?

Thanks

It depends on your damage, I was running without blapshemy despair, only self cast for bosses + 3 auras, because I didn't need that extra damage on map clear.
"
Terter83 wrote:
Hi.
Should we still use ED if we're choosing bane instead of contagion? and if it's a yes, ED can still spread without contagion?

It says it right on the gem that it is spread by contagion. No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info