GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Rainge40 wrote:
Any recommendations for decent 2H uniques for this build?

Check out https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cane_of_Unravelling
Can someone look at my character in my profile and tell me what I need to upgrade? I know my gear sucks, got around 2 exalts and 70 chaos right now. Or let me know if I should start saving for a bow.

Thanks.
"
DeepAlchemist wrote:
Can someone look at my character in my profile and tell me what I need to upgrade? I know my gear sucks, got around 2 exalts and 70 chaos right now. Or let me know if I should start saving for a bow.

Thanks.

Worry about maybe getting a bow later, you don't need a bow until you're trying to maximize your damage. You'll do plenty enough damage without one.
I'd definitely get a better chest piece. Even if you go to 5 links, the survivability will be more important than the damage.
Finish your lab, that'll be a huge damage boost. Get ES on your helm. You have no ES on your helm or evasion on your chest, you're getting almost no use out of your Escape Artist ascendancy.
Try Flesh and Stone instead of Discipline, I think it's a lot better.
Last edited by matt__ on Jun 15, 2019, 11:02:24 PM
"
matt__ wrote:
"
DeepAlchemist wrote:

Thanks.

Worry about maybe getting a bow later, you don't need a bow until you're trying to maximize your damage. You'll do plenty enough damage without one.
I'd definitely get a better chest piece. Even if you go to 5 links, the survivability will be more important than the damage.
Finish your lab, that'll be a huge damage boost. Get ES on your helm. You have no ES on your helm or evasion on your chest, you're getting almost no use out of your Escape Artist ascendancy.
Try Flesh and Stone instead of Discipline, I think it's a lot better.

Which one do you recommend? I'm seeing somebody said Atziri's was great or should I do perfect form? I'm seeing all these armor, not sure which one should I go for.

I'm seeing all these chests and I have no idea which is better. Sorry for being a noob x.X
Last edited by DeepAlchemist on Jun 16, 2019, 1:05:05 AM
"
DeepAlchemist wrote:

Which one do you recommend? I'm seeing somebody said Atziri's was great or should I do perfect form? I'm seeing all these armor, not sure which one should I go for.

I don't know that any one is for sure best. I think it's a bit of personal preference, different ones have different advantages especially depending on your other gear. Any person who gives you their preference is going to have others who disagree.

Any of the popular ones will work well enough, and if you change your mind later you can sell it and get a different one.
Last edited by matt__ on Jun 16, 2019, 1:38:41 AM
While playing as ED/Contagion Trickster, what is the best way to activate the Legion Event at once? Do you still combo Contagion first with ED or just spam ED at enemies?

It feels so satisfying to see the whole Event activate at once, yet I wonder if I'm doing it wrong as sometimes it activates and sometimes it doesn't. Happens both in dungeon and outdoor areas so I don't think map layout or Legion Obelisk placement matters..
I'm enjoying Ziz's variation of this build but feeling a bit squishy and low on MP (uber lab should help the MP).

Are people running CWDT + Steelskin? It seems like the best option. I also have Flesh+Stone running.

I have a Perfect Form in the slow process of being coloured and linked so that should definitely help with survival too once I finish it and find some dex.

For Allelopathy, are people giving up Vaal Blight to use it? I'm not sure the single target is that much more important than the AOE burst (I like it for Monoliths). I'm also thinking about The Vertex but running too many uniques (I also have Zeel's and Atziri's Step) can make balancing resists difficult.

just killed shaper

Ill fix up his gear a bit in the next week but here is an example of very cheap 1-10c and self found gear to get you going

I was using a 5l queen till yesterday , which was totally fine for all red maps

(btw the best way to off colour is to either 3b (bench), then use jewelers to 3/4 socket the chest over and over till the 4th socket is e , or as i did because i did not have the jewellers just 3b the chest then vorici white socket it and you have a 50/50 chance of getting the white on one of the greens) stupid thing ate over 1k fuse but it took me a while to get the colours so whatever)

Unavailable

Im playing a modified version and still playing around with the tree a bit

Id suggest getting damage gained as mana on one piece of gear because till i replace some of my trash gear no regen maps require a mana flask , which sort of sucks because it blasts through all map mods

this build also trivialises the legion packs , im trying to roll my own wand but the t1 multi affix is taking a while and i need that before i can multimod my own wand
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Jun 16, 2019, 3:17:49 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
dragothica wrote:
While playing as ED/Contagion Trickster, what is the best way to activate the Legion Event at once? Do you still combo Contagion first with ED or just spam ED at enemies?

You want to trigger then EDC from the middle , let it spread off your screen then, run to one side check for any bosses then the other side and look for bosses \ rewards that did not get hit.

I find if i do it from the middle and wait a second then run one way it will continue to spread with me

I also always try and keep a few mobs up around the tower

so run to tower , click , EDC the mobs you left up, that means the second they pop the mobs should spread the damage to the legion and save you about a second

priority is to go looking for the legion you want to make sure you killed all of which is the more rare ones

i also have to blight the bosses , EDC alone with my gear wont pop them in time and they drop about 10 splinters each
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Hi Guys,
thanks Ghazzy for the build!

Mapping through t6 and having a good time.

I have never played ED/Contagion before but i feel like i should do more damage but i don't know how.
Could you guys help me i'm kinda lost. I do know that i should upgrade to a 5L, level Gems to 20 (and quality them), more life on each item and so on.
But i dont know what to buy next? I have read x pages ago of some unique gloves but i dont find the post anymore. There is also a shield and boots i guess?

What gem combos are there? I would like to keep bane as my single target dps booster (besides this bane helps to kill mobs that contagion/ed didn't hit), or would be blashpemy + despair good enough? Are there other possibilities?

Here is my current gear, i know its crap, i bought some items after 10 kitava to have capped ressis:

Spoiler

Passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.1/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMFtQbnBx4I9A5ID6sRLRGWE20UCRa_G8gc3B9BIuoi9CSLJogmlSycMHEyATLRM6M2PTpCOlhFR0WdSRNJUUmxS3hMg0yzUq9TUlVLVcZcQF3yYeJirGf8ahtqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZcNR0gXWedoJ8g3_Ggh6D24Uyh8uJ4Iw2jb-P-pMfkyeVLpeVl_SYU5rgnaqiAKKjotmkBaebrJitSrDYshm0xbTRtUi3MLkCvOrAZsHzwuzDOsgMyBTPFc96z93UI9fP2jvbC92o5ljr7u-I8NXxivVv99f5N_mk_rM=?accountName=Bisrob&realm=pc&characterName=GiftiEDCont

Or PoB:
https://pastebin.com/Q3hDmP9s

Are there any important key nodes i'm missing out? I would have just aimed for some jewel slots now. I Don't feel i need wicked ward. And for uber lab, would you say swift killer or prolonged pain is better?

Many many thanks for your answers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info