GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Filled out my atlas, killed shaper, elders etc. except uber elder. I changed the tree a bit to run temporal chains and despair on blasphemy for a more defensive setup that allows me to charge in packs and rares.
"
chaoval wrote:

Filled out my atlas, killed shaper, elders etc. except uber elder. I changed the tree a bit to run temporal chains and despair on blasphemy for a more defensive setup that allows me to charge in packs and rares.

Awesome I was looking for this, thanks!
I see that you switched out some gems and that you run, blight, wither, dispair and contagion. Could you explain when you use what skill? I'm only using bane for multiple targets and ED for single target with discipline and malevolence as auras.

Hey guys, I've been playing the game for a while now, I'm not particularly good and I always feel like there is much room for improvement I'm just not sure where other than trying to craft that bow I see floating around and maybe trying to squeeze out a little higher rolls on some of my gear.

Also I have seen a few posts about some passive choices not being particularly great and it has me sweating that I've made some rookie mistake as well but I just don't know enough to even see it so any advice on that front would be awesome as well.

Overall I am enjoying the contagion/ed play solo, but as soon as I hop into a party to try and play with my friends I feel like they are obliterating the whole map instantly with far less gear and my dots are just so much worse especially having to cast two spells to even get my chain spread going and it's really disheartening.
"
chaoval wrote:
"
Terter83 wrote:
Hi.
Should we still use ED if we're choosing bane instead of contagion? and if it's a yes, ED can still spread without contagion?

It says it right on the gem that it is spread by contagion. No.

Ok, so what's the point of using bane? we need contagion for ED, or should we just use ED for monocible?
"
Terter83 wrote:
"
chaoval wrote:
"
Terter83 wrote:
Hi.
Should we still use ED if we're choosing bane instead of contagion? and if it's a yes, ED can still spread without contagion?

It says it right on the gem that it is spread by contagion. No.

Ok, so what's the point of using bane? we need contagion for ED, or should we just use ED for monocible?

I actually use them all; check out my setup on my EddConn character.

Start with ED/C, then stack on a Bane/Despair and a Blight Totem for All The Damage!

Bane is also good for tiny-pack / straggler cleanup.
"
Dominator323 wrote:

Hey guys, I've been playing the game for a while now, I'm not particularly good and I always feel like there is much room for improvement I'm just not sure where other than trying to craft that bow I see floating around and maybe trying to squeeze out a little higher rolls on some of my gear.

Also I have seen a few posts about some passive choices not being particularly great and it has me sweating that I've made some rookie mistake as well but I just don't know enough to even see it so any advice on that front would be awesome as well.

Overall I am enjoying the contagion/ed play solo, but as soon as I hop into a party to try and play with my friends I feel like they are obliterating the whole map instantly with far less gear and my dots are just so much worse especially having to cast two spells to even get my chain spread going and it's really disheartening.

If there's nothing in particular you're having trouble with, then I wouldn't worry too much.

I don't know about party play, but for solo: I'd check the EB/MoM calculator in the first post and see if it's even worth it for you to take those two talents. That'd free up 5 points which you could use to get more life and/or damage depending on what you feel you need (Revenge of the Hunted would be a good choice). Where you took the Corruption node if you go to the right instead of the left you'll get more damage and gain a point to use somewhere else. You also don't have any energy shield on your helmet which would synergize with your Escape Artist. Finishing your lab would probably be a big (30-50%) damage boost. I also greatly prefer Flesh and Stone to Discipline.
Last edited by matt__ on Jun 16, 2019, 4:42:02 PM
"
colwyn wrote:
just killed shaper

Ill fix up his gear a bit in the next week but here is an example of very cheap 1-10c and self found gear to get you going

I was using a 5l queen till yesterday , which was totally fine for all red maps

(btw the best way to off colour is to either 3b (bench), then use jewelers to 3/4 socket the chest over and over till the 4th socket is e , or as i did because i did not have the jewellers just 3b the chest then vorici white socket it and you have a 50/50 chance of getting the white on one of the greens) stupid thing ate over 1k fuse but it took me a while to get the colours so whatever)

Unavailable

Im playing a modified version and still playing around with the tree a bit

Id suggest getting damage gained as mana on one piece of gear because till i replace some of my trash gear no regen maps require a mana flask , which sort of sucks because it blasts through all map mods

this build also trivialises the legion packs , im trying to roll my own wand but the t1 multi affix is taking a while and i need that before i can multimod my own wand

Could you explain more on how you did to off color your queen of the forest?
You made at least 3b, then spam 3-4 sockets until you get 3b and 1r? What's the next step? Craft 6 sockets on it or?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Xzazer wrote:

Awesome I was looking for this, thanks!
I see that you switched out some gems and that you run, blight, wither, dispair and contagion. Could you explain when you use what skill? I'm only using bane for multiple targets and ED for single target with discipline and malevolence as auras.

ED+contagion = all mobs within a pack die, if there are multiple packs close to each other, then all mobs there also die as well, if I'm in delve with good mob spread and packsize - whone tunnel is dying as I'm just pushing the cart having casted ED/Contagion once. Legion mobs have more health, so for rares/ generals on very high tier maps I use blight/wither totems in addition to ED/cont.
Despair and temporal chains are used as auras (I flame dash into mobs right after casting the combo).
EDIT NM we use our ES for mana doesn't work.

Anyone try using arcane surge mix with ED? Seems you get close to the dps and could be a cheaper option. I'm still on a 5 link trying to get currency to even get a chest, but anything with 3B 2G 1R chest is so expensive. I saw one guy running level 10 arcane surge with ED attached.
Last edited by daimonxp on Jun 16, 2019, 6:01:39 PM
"
daimonxp wrote:
EDIT NM we use our ES for mana doesn't work.

Anyone try using arcane surge mix with ED? Seems you get close to the dps and could be a cheaper option. I'm still on a 5 link trying to get currency to even get a chest, but anything with 3B 2G 1R chest is so expensive. I saw one guy running level 10 arcane surge with ED attached.
Fixing colors is incredibly easy with the hybrid Ev/ES chests. Go to your bench and do the "One red socket" craft it's only 4 chromatic and you'll probably hit that color combo insanely fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info