GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
Lmao epic build dude, i respecced this in HC from my arc miner assassin using shimmeron, It's nice and all but can be very clunky and punishing considering the degen you get from shimmer.

Never played ED trick before for helmet enchant what's the go to?

I got money as well, what upgrades are BIS?

best enchants offensively - 40 essence drain damage, 30% despair effect
best enchant defensively - 30% enfeeble effect

I'm playing HC essence drain with this setup. It's nearly immortal.
Didn't enchant helmet yet.

result at level 90:

paper ED dps - 22k
life - 6900
mana left unreserved, after despair and enfeeble - 2500 (stacked insane amounts of mana on gear)
clarity is waste of mana but i'll add it if i manage to find useful watchers eye
+1 to skills armour would be nice offensively but i feel my ED damage with empower level 4 is high enough

Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 3, 2018, 5:05:37 PM
Hey guys,

Pardon the delayed responses I just moved to my new apartment!

"
masaruhirata wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, I'm currently using a +1 Tabula and i'm on my way to six linking my CoD. The problem is i'm short 800 mana with 3 grand spectrums and mana on all my accessories and trees when using CoD. Is it hard to hit the optimal unreserved mana when using CoD?

Hey,

Sometimes yes, but reaching somewhere around it is what you want to do, it's more important with 30% MoM but with 40% CoD you regen a lot more as well making it slightly more reliable to be a few 100 below.

Keep in mind that higher lvls helps a lot.

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
Played this build last season and it was awesome so I decided using it for my first hardcore attempt.
I read the guide carefully and still don't understand few parts.

1. Do this build benefit from stacking armour/evasion for additional damage reduction?
2. Can I use Belly of the Beast instead of Cloak then (while picking MoM on tree)?
3. Do you have some advices on gearing for HC?

Hey,

Glad you like it!

Let's get you sorted then:

1) Not really no, obviously any type of layered defence will be beneficial but not something we focus at all on.

2) Absolutely, I generally prefer +1 lvl of socketed gems (either shaped chest or Skin of the Loyal or a corrupted Tabula Rasa to help with dmg output)

3) Prioritize life, but despite that I still prefer Tabula Rasa corrupted with +1 lvl of gems. I can also suggest to play a bit safer, don't shield charge in to packs of enemies, this is not a tank build.

"
Foebk wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the build, I'm still on the fence but there is a great chance that it will be my only character this league, I'll try and do as much content as I can with it and min max the stuff as much as I can even if I'm now at the stage where upgrade cost an arm and a leg for little gains (I know they add up in the long run).

I've been trying to find a replacement for Clarity, I feel the regen is no longer worth reserving the mana (since switching out of the grand spectrum for increased damage keeping my life/mana ratio as been a bit of a pain). The added regen makes me go from ~100mana/sec to 150mana/sec nothing to scoff at but when I can't mechanicaly avoid damage (bosses like shock and terror and is lightning ray) it doesn't really make any differences.

I tried Vaal Skeletons, on some maps they are just great on other useless and since the bosses where I struggle are most of the time those where I don't have time to setup before they start ditching damage, I'm not convinced.

I'm thinking about trying a golem, but withouth any link to support it I don't think it will last long enough to have any impact.

Is there any other option? Decoy totem? Never played with one of those but with it being strenght based I'm not sure it will have enough survivability.

I would appreciate any insight.

Hey,

My pleasure bro! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Sounds fair to me.
Decoy Totem is always good but you lose out on Wither totem which is kind of sad. If your issue is DMG on higher end-game bosses you need to invest a bit more to the build. Keep in mind that the original approach of this build is to be a clear speed currency farmer. If you are aiming for end-game bosses I can suggest going with a 2H weapon +2/+3 lvl of gems :)

"
Lasshi wrote:
Hey, fairly new player here. Doing this as my 2nd character I've had a blast. But today I decided to do the 1st lab after I dinged lvl 33. Trash was (obviously) really easy, but Izaro put me to half hp with every hit he did and the fight took like 3 minutes. I carry on, doing the 'puzzle' where you have to be in the circle to move the pillar. There was one of those spinny-pillar thingies and as soon as I hit it, I died almost instantly. So, any tips for survivability, anything wrong with my current gear..?

Hey,

Awesome! Glad you're having fun :)

I generally try to avoid doing lab that early even on builds that can handle it very easily. ED Contagion is not specifically great vs bosses without investment unlike many other abilities. I would suggest reaching lvl 40+ before heading back in which should help significantly :)

"
Cixial wrote:
Hello, new player here, thanks for this awesome build! Running it pretty much as you've laid out, went with the skin of the loyal for the chest piece and gotta say that Allelopathy feel like a must.

Map clearing in this build is insane, but i'm starting to take down guardians. First one was Lair of the Hydra, got it down but it took forever. Looking into the 2 hander options you mention for better boss kill times on the higher bosses, is there a unique you suggest or what type or rare should I be crafting/looking out for?

Also, is there a belt I could swap to for the bosses? Rampage is great for map clearing, but seems to provide little benefit for bosses.

Any other gear/gem swaps you'd make just to clear higher bosses? Looking at Shaper soon!

Any help appreciated!
Cix

Hey,

Great! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Cane of Unravelling is a great cheap 2h addition as it grants extra lvls as well as chaos dmg.

Good luck vs shaper!

"
Hois_ wrote:
Hey Ghazzy great guide loving the build so far and this was my first build in PoE. Just started this league :D anyways I am at a point where I cant seem to figure out where to go next with my gear I made some changes with some gear you suggested such as skin of the loyal and I know an implicit +1 on that would be a boost but besides that could you tell me what would help my damage? I only see very minimal upgrades from here on out :(

character name is (Shadelion) idk if you need the character or the account name which is (Hois_). I use Hois_ on poe profile info :D not sure where else to look up a character. Much appreciated thanks!

Hey,

Awesome bro! Glad you're having fun with it :)

Well looking at your character you're using a 5L CoD, you could get a corrupted Tabula Rasa with +1 lvl of gems which is cheaper than Skin of the Loyal. The gloves should be Allelopathy which significantly helps your DMG output and QoL vs Vaal Totems!

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
"
Hois_ wrote:
Hey Ghazzy great guide loving the build so far and this was my first build in PoE. Just started this league :D anyways I am at a point where I cant seem to figure out where to go next with my gear I made some changes with some gear you suggested such as skin of the loyal and I know an implicit +1 on that would be a boost but besides that could you tell me what would help my damage? I only see very minimal upgrades from here on out :(

character name is (Shadelion) idk if you need the character or the account name which is (Hois_). I use Hois_ on poe profile info :D not sure where else to look up a character. Much appreciated thanks!

You could use "impresence" elder amulet. (chaos version)
It will boost your dps significantly and give you free despair curse (no mana reservation). That means selling witchfire brew to nearest NPC.

Also, impresence gives 10% physical damage reduction bonus when you kill rare mob - you can make it perma in maps since it lasts 10 sec.

Easily BIS amulet for this build.

^^^ Also good points
(Reason I'm not presenting Impresence in the guide is because it's displayed as a low budget guide :) )

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
It costs around 70 chaos. You can farm that amount of currency in few hours.

Once you've learnt the game, farming this type of currency comes very easy aye :)

"
ImmmCanadian wrote:
You say to craft a dagger with essence of delirium, what dagger base should I use or is it irrelevant.

Only base implicit that benefits the build is the block Sai daggers but yeah it doesn't matter.

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
This build doesnt need critical chance therefore you do not benefit from any dagger bonus except SAI. Sai dagger has 6% block chance implicit which isn`t game changing but can be useful.

If you have few chaos to spare Breath of the Council would be much better option.

^^^

"
naxen213 wrote:
So noob here, hybrid vs MoM is expensive vs cheap?

MoM is more reliable, very few people play Hybrid without very specific uniques making it more reliable.

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
Lmao epic build dude, i respecced this in HC from my arc miner assassin using shimmeron, It's nice and all but can be very clunky and punishing considering the degen you get from shimmer.

Never played ED trick before for helmet enchant what's the go to?

I got money as well, what upgrades are BIS?

best enchants offensively - 40 essence drain damage, 30% despair effect
best enchant defensively - 30% enfeeble effect

I'm playing HC essence drain with this setup. It's nearly immortal.
Didn't enchant helmet yet.

result at level 90:

paper ED dps - 22k
life - 6900
mana left unreserved, after despair and enfeeble - 2500 (stacked insane amounts of mana on gear)
clarity is waste of mana but i'll add it if i manage to find useful watchers eye
+1 to skills armour would be nice offensively but i feel my ED damage with empower level 4 is high enough

^^^^

@PerkyPsycho;
Thank you for helping out in the thread <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi :)

How would you say this build is for a first time HC player, but experienced at SC?

Thanks
zzz
I got 80 chaos, what gear do you recommend i get? both for leveling and to start mapping.
im lvl 32 on HC
Last edited by toscomovil on Apr 4, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
@Ghazzy - np mate

"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi :)

How would you say this build is for a first time HC player, but experienced at SC?

Thanks

After getting level 12 (requirement for essence drain) this build is fun and easy to play.
You will be amazed how leveling with Essence drain is simple.

"
toscomovil wrote:
I got 80 chaos, what gear do you recommend i get? both for leveling and to start mapping.
im lvl 32 on HC

Leveling -> Save your currency. Get some high life gear and make sure your resistances are capped.
3L essence drain in Lifesprig is good enough up to act 5-6. (note - you can't use shield charge with wands). At level 50 use Heartbreaker until you acquire level requirements for end game weapon.

Mapping for 80c -> Buy Breath of the Council, maybe Rathpith globe. Cap resists. Use High life and high mana items (you need lot of unreserved mana for MoM). You can do all that that for less than 40 chaos.

Helmet example (*awesome print screen abilites* :D :D).

95 life, 47 mana and 2x 35+ resists for 1 alch.

Luxury items (90+ chaos):

1. chaos impresence
2. death's door - if you are bored of drinking remove bleeding potions
3. 6L - belly, cloak of defiance, +1 tabula, skin of the loyal, +1 active skill gems shaped chest
4. empower level 4...

Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 4, 2018, 2:30:50 PM
Hey thinking of switching to 2 handed. What movement skill do you recommend switching to? And what support gems for the movement gem?

Also, now that I no longer need a 6L chest, I can afford pretty much any chest piece in the game. But since the gems going there are curses and movement, a +1 gems doesn't really matter any more.

So what's the best option?
- CoD (I'm not sure the buff to MoM is the best boost to survivability and/or is better than something that boosts damage)
- Belly of the Beast for life
- Cherrubim's for life and damage
- Perfect Form for free Arctic Armor and Phasing
- Craiceann's Carapace would give life, resists and bleed immunity
- I hate Death's Oath, so no thanks.

Or I could always just get a rare chest with high life, mana and resists, which is boring but would allow me to potentially do an interesting unique in a different item slot.

Some weirder ideas I had:

- Fenumus Shroud and a ring with Aspect of the Spider for damage and damage mitigation
- Doedre's Skin for stacking 3 or 4 curses
IMO - this build excels at fast map clearing and xp per hour.
2-hand staff would give you a lot of damage but it would make your clear speed slower, a lot.

With 2-hander this is completely different and clunkier build. You get more boss damage (still not awesome boss killer) but lose clear speed + lot of defensive stats and surviveability.

You could farm maps with brightbeak, botc or delirium dagger (shield charge) and use +3 level 2-hander on swap for bosses, maybe.

If you still insist on 2-hand staff, and giving this build personal twist, best choice would be leap slam (with "num pad trick"). Armour choice would be up to you. Cherubim for more damage or perfect form for more surviveability.

Have fun and enjoy the game mate. Cheers!

Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 5, 2018, 5:13:14 PM
"
IMO - this build excels at fast map clearing and xp per hour.
2-hand staff would give you a lot of damage but it would make your clear speed slower, a lot.

Why do you think the clear speed would drop so dramatically? The damage mechanic doesn't change.

"
With 2-hander this is completely different and clunkier build. You get more boss damage (still not awesome boss killer) but lose clear speed + lot of defensive stats and surviveability.

With BotC and a shield only the shield gives defensive stats. I could easily get the same stats from a rare chest armour.
Shield charge is faster movement skill than leap slam is. Especially if you use fast attack speed weapons like brightbeak. Damage mechanics is same, killing speed is also same since trash mobs will die equally fast if you hit them with 70k or 100k damage.

Shield charge is better defensively, for dodging stuff and positioning. Without shield you gain more damage but lose 100+ life, 60+ mana, mana regen and some resists. If you equip rare chest instead of the shield, you are still one item short.

Using +3 skill 2hander pros and cons:

+ more damage which means faster boss kills

- less mobility
- less stats
- less surviveability
- less xp per hour

Since the main highlight of this build is high experience per hour 2hander makes it clunkier and less efficiant so I consider it as a downgrade.
Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 6, 2018, 3:34:32 AM
Well... here I was thinking I'd put some time aside to make sure I get everyone covered with responses... only to see that @PerkyPsycho got everyone covered!

Thank you bro <3

If anyone feel that their question has gone unanswered, post it again but from what I read, @PerkyPsycho got everyone covered and more.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info