GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:

Leveling -> Save your currency. Get some high life gear and make sure your resistances are capped.
3L essence drain in Lifesprig is good enough up to act 5-6. (note - you can't use shield charge with wands). At level 50 use Heartbreaker until you acquire level requirements for end game weapon.

Mapping for 80c -> Buy Breath of the Council, maybe Rathpith globe. Cap resists. Use High life and high mana items (you need lot of unreserved mana for MoM). You can do all that that for less than 40 chaos.

Helmet example (*awesome print screen abilites* :D :D).

95 life, 47 mana and 2x 35+ resists for 1 alch.

Luxury items (90+ chaos):

1. chaos impresence
2. death's door - if you are bored of drinking remove bleeding potions
3. 6L - belly, cloak of defiance, +1 tabula, skin of the loyal, +1 active skill gems shaped chest
4. empower level 4...

Hey, thanks for the response.
I got stuck trying to find some gear in poe.trade, seems all i can find is overpriced stuff or at least i think it is overpriced, im currently lvl 52 and need to cap my resists, im pretty new and try to play really safe because im in HC.

cant find stuff like this at a reasonable price:

for example i just put a lvl cap on the gear and search for this mods for the shield:
Last edited by toscomvl on Apr 6, 2018, 6:58:46 AM
"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
Without shield you gain more damage but lose 100+ life, 60+ mana, mana regen and some resists. If you equip rare chest instead of the shield, you are still one item short.

Ok so current setup:
BotC
93% chaos damage
10% AOE
40% chaos duration

Shield
74% spell damage
87 life
61 mana
63 resists

Tabula +1
+1 gems

And the 2 handed setup:
Staff
+1 gems/+2 chaos gems
65% spell damage
10% cast speed
40% mana regen

Rare Chest
120 life
80 mana
110 resists

So what am I missing here as far as stats go? The +3 to chaos gems should outweigh the drop in % damage, and I actually end up with more life/mana/resists.

I take your point that going from shield charge to another movement skill will be slightly slower map speed, but you should make up for it by clearing bosses more quickly and safely. Especially since we're talking about t12+ maps, guardians, etc.

Has anyone actually done the 2 handed version? What chest piece and movement skill setup did you use?
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Apr 6, 2018, 8:21:39 AM
Why are people trying to max out this build when the Indigon ED Trickster is superior in all ways?

This build is now only useful as league starter to map fast and get currency until you can afford switch to Indigon one. Then you max out that one to do end game content and bosses.

Last edited by Torin on Apr 6, 2018, 8:55:54 AM
You dont need life that high at level 52.

I can give you few leveling items for free if it helps.

@kevinbrightblade yes, you're right, you could do that.

@torin I dont know. This build is useless now. In fact, every mana spending caster build without indigon is sh*t.

Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 6, 2018, 10:34:08 AM
So, noob question... If i go death's oats, i just need to get MoM on tree right?
"
Torin wrote:
Why are people trying to max out this build when the Indigon ED Trickster is superior in all ways?

This build is now only useful as league starter to map fast and get currency until you can afford switch to Indigon one. Then you max out that one to do end game content and bosses.

I agree with you and am approaching this build the same way but maxing out this build is immensely cheaper than Indigon ED. I will be saving up for that build as well but this is a fine substitute in the mean time.
probably a spupid question but why use vaal lightning trap with CWDT. wont work right cause its a vaal gem and its a trap
you are right cwdt doesn't work with vaal skills. Its there just because there is a slot and inc duration makes the shocked ground last longer.
For anyone feeling like they're not getting value out of the vaal lightning trap... I can strongly recommend replacing the trap and increased duration with a Chaos Golem and minion health. It makes bosses way easier between the distraction and physical damage reduction.

If you also take the Solaris and Gruthkul pantheon choices, you have a surprisingly high amount of physical damage reduction for no investment.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Apr 8, 2018, 3:25:49 PM
"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
Shield charge is faster movement skill than leap slam is. Especially if you use fast attack speed weapons like brightbeak. Damage mechanics is same, killing speed is also same since trash mobs will die equally fast if you hit them with 70k or 100k damage.

Shield charge is better defensively, for dodging stuff and positioning. Without shield you gain more damage but lose 100+ life, 60+ mana, mana regen and some resists. If you equip rare chest instead of the shield, you are still one item short.

Using +3 skill 2hander pros and cons:

+ more damage which means faster boss kills

- less mobility
- less stats
- less surviveability
- less xp per hour

Since the main highlight of this build is high experience per hour 2hander makes it clunkier and less efficiant so I consider it as a downgrade.

By far the best upgrade for this build is going a 6l +3 staff near doubles your damage. Add a kaom's heart to that and gg.

Ofc shield charge is better for movement but getting used to flame dash isnt that bad either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info