GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Yeah, you have to capture the boss or buy it. Buying the boss is quite a lot cheaper than buying the beast that allows you to spawn portals to it. Considering the amount of chaos damage that filthy spider does, it might be better to just buy the boss.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Yeah, you have to capture the boss or buy it. Buying the boss is quite a lot cheaper than buying the beast that allows you to spawn portals to it. Considering the amount of chaos damage that filthy spider does, it might be better to just buy the boss.

At that boss, since he poisons on hit, the upgraded Shakari pantheon is fantastic. It makes things a lot easier.
I have to admit that I have not even looked at what that Pantheon does at all. Thanks for the tip!
so u did all endgame bosses with this build and killed them?

first time im trying ED and i have to say i like it, but i stuck sometimes on some map bosses because not enough damage and i have to kite a lot.
lvl is now 75, just started.

wanted to ask if its possible to kill all bosses with this buidl?!
Awesome guide dude.
And still updating after all this time.

(y)
Thank you! I got my top level ever with this build. <3
Hey guys,

Pardon the delayed responses, I've had my birthday + drivers license test + my grandfather dying any day keeping me off my original schedule to go through forum threads, so sorry. I'll try my best to catch up on the missed days!

"
xNxBxDx wrote:
Is it possible to turn this build into a CI build? If so how would i do that. I really want to use Deaths Oath & CI. Ty in advance.

I personally prefer to do that as an Occultist over Trickster, but yes, it's possible.

"
Haemus wrote:
Would you recommend using a 5L cloak of defiance or a +1 to socketed gems tabula rasa? (in Hardcore)

I've always leaned to using +1 Tabula over 6L CoD in any league tbh.

"
_HUBBLE_ wrote:
Started this build today and already made it almost to act 5 (super fast in my book). I'm really liking the build, I've never played a essence drain or contagion and I was really surprised how easy it is so clear groups of mobs. Great build!

I'm level 36 and using 2 Lifesprigs but I feel I should switch over to another leveling unique weapon/rare. What should I look for?

Glad you're enjoying it bro!

Anything that increases spell dmg is solid. At that lvl you could look for any rare wand/dagger with higher spell dmg than Lifesprigs. If you find a dagger you could use a spell dmg providing shield and start using Shield Charge for even faster clearing :)

"
PotatoPops wrote:
Right now Im using a tabula with a level 3 empower and i do nice damage with capped resistances but if i switch to a 5L cloak of defiance i lose 9k damage but eventually gain it back when i get a 20/20 essence drain. Is it worth it to switch in that case?

I personally prefer to use a +1 Tabula over CoD. Only time I'd go for another chest is if I got +1 lvl of gems somewhere (like Shaped chest or Skin of the Loyal). But it's my personal preference, and yes, even in hardcore.

"
diablo184 wrote:
"
Nedieth wrote:
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey i have been trying out Fenumus shroud and weave on this build and i have been enjoying it for mapping do you think there is potential there for boss killing or will it need to stay on aleleopthy gloves to still kill bosses reliably?

Since Ghazzy's guide doesn't focus on Blight damage, but rather on the utility the Spreading Rot jewels provide, you should be able to shoehorn the gloves in. The gloves does next to nothing for the build though, as the ED damage we are interested in is neither hits nor ailments. The body armour is very interesting. If I were you, I would try to go with just Fenumus' Shroud and a craft Aspect of the Spider on an existing item. The craft merely adds the mod as a suffix, so you can just get an item with an open suffix and craft it. A ring or amulet is nice, as the aspect is affected by support gems, and will reserve a lot of mana if you are not careful. My ring as an example:

i was not aware that you could craft the skills onto other gear will defiantly have to be on the look out for that, is that only something you can do if you have captured the boss or is there another way to do it?
also in switching over i am reminded how much i wish we had a better tool tip for dot damage

Thank you @Nedieth for helping out with responding in here :)
@Diablo183, I wouldn't say anything different than what Nedieth wrote.

"
djnat wrote:
"
Nedieth wrote:

At that boss, since he poisons on hit, the upgraded Shakari pantheon is fantastic. It makes things a lot easier.

^^^^

"
wowschik wrote:
so u did all endgame bosses with this build and killed them?

first time im trying ED and i have to say i like it, but i stuck sometimes on some map bosses because not enough damage and i have to kite a lot.
lvl is now 75, just started.

wanted to ask if its possible to kill all bosses with this buidl?!

With experience & more currency invested, yes.
If you want to take a shortcut to end-game boss farm, switch the 1h/Shield and use a +2 or +3 chaos gem staff which will skyrocket your damage output. (cheap unique option is: Cane of the Unraveling )

"
sabotage13 wrote:
Awesome guide dude.
And still updating after all this time.

(y)

I do my best!
Not a fulltime streamer (yet) but I try to keep up the best I can :)

"
GxocT wrote:
Thank you! I got my top level ever with this build. <3

My pleasure bro :) <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy, I'm currently using a +1 Tabula and i'm on my way to six linking my CoD. The problem is i'm short 800 mana with 3 grand spectrums and mana on all my accessories and trees when using CoD. Is it hard to hit the optimal unreserved mana when using CoD?
-
Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Apr 9, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the build, I'm still on the fence but there is a great chance that it will be my only character this league, I'll try and do as much content as I can with it and min max the stuff as much as I can even if I'm now at the stage where upgrade cost an arm and a leg for little gains (I know they add up in the long run).

I've been trying to find a replacement for Clarity, I feel the regen is no longer worth reserving the mana (since switching out of the grand spectrum for increased damage keeping my life/mana ratio as been a bit of a pain). The added regen makes me go from ~100mana/sec to 150mana/sec nothing to scoff at but when I can't mechanicaly avoid damage (bosses like shock and terror and is lightning ray) it doesn't really make any differences.

I tried Vaal Skeletons, on some maps they are just great on other useless and since the bosses where I struggle are most of the time those where I don't have time to setup before they start ditching damage, I'm not convinced.

I'm thinking about trying a golem, but withouth any link to support it I don't think it will last long enough to have any impact.

Is there any other option? Decoy totem? Never played with one of those but with it being strenght based I'm not sure it will have enough survivability.

I would appreciate any insight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info