GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

How would you say single target is now with the changes to the trickater ascendency?

"
CapedBaldyyy wrote:
"
Todesgurke wrote:
I've started with this build in the beastary league. It worked very well so far. It clears up to T15 maps really fast and very smooth. (higher tiers not tested yet because I am lacking of map drop luck)

But I just dropped a shavs (lucky me). Now I am considering changing to LL. But I have also crafted a +3 staff and without a shield I would definitly lacking ES. Any other suggestions for the next upgrades?

Started last league but still have a lot to learn specially with crafting.. Sorry for this noob question but how does one craft a staff like that?

Hey,

Welcome in then!

You need masters at lvl 8 to make the +3 gem lvl craft easier then Elreon lvl 8 to get the Multi-bench mod, so it takes alot of investment and still a bit of currency to get such a nice staff going.

"
xylotism wrote:
Just burned through to lvl 31 in one sitting because this build is so fun to watch/play.

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

"
PotatoPops wrote:
what weapon should i use in maps until i can afford a delirium dagger or breath of the council? just beat kitava with a heartbreaker

Heartbreaker is a very solid low budget starter weapon unless you find any other rare ones with spell dmg on :)

"
sikker wrote:

OK. Look at new items that has been introduced in the last 3 leagues, and see how they can interact with/improve on your build.
If you are upset about costs, then make a section that you can call "Improvements for rich people".
Maybe also add a section where you explain why not to use some items others might consider.

The thing is, I used to make guides covering high budget all the time, years ago. The problem was that it confused many new players so due to this I've decided to keep my guides open for tweaking & focus mostly if not entirely on low budget approaches so that new players can get in to the game with ease. If I were to run this build in a high budget state I woudl look to get a +1 corrupted Skin of the Loyal personally at least or even go for a +3 multibenched staff for end-game boss farm as I'd rather have a skyrocket dmg approach over utility for end-game bossses. Though, the problem with this is the matter of playstyle which would force me to include a few different variations, which I'd gladly do but I will run in to another problem which is the limitation of words I'm allowed to use in a guide >.< (no joke, there's a limit that I've hit on a few of my guides).

Regarding the new items, the staff of the unraveller is a great +2 chaos dmg providing low budget 2h approach for end-game bossing whilst the impressence amulet is a VERY good amulet but the price is just crazy making it something I'd rather not promote for new players.

ED/Contagion is one of my favorite builds merely due to the fact that there are SO many ways you can play it and tweak it. Could probably run 3-4 characters with this and they'd all be skilled & geared differently but have the same'ish efficiency :)

I'm not saying my build guide is the best but these are the reasons I've decided to cater to new players as the players with more experience can tweak their own approaches without having their hand held by me or anyone else ^^

"
Zathrus1 wrote:
I'd also like to see alternate item suggestions -- especially for chest. I did a tabula rasa last league, but feel it leaves me too squishy.

There's also key bits left off, possibly because they're assumed to be "common knowledge", but for new players it isn't. As a simple example, leveling for Cast on Damage Taken and related gems.

Another example -- delay the frenzy points until you have Swift Killer. Again, obvious my second build, not so much when learning everything.

Love the build -- it's flexible and great for both solo and team. I'm still trying to decide on a chest piece though -- I can currently afford either an Empower L3 or a very nice chest.

Hey,

I believe I have added chest options, my personal preference is the +1 corrupted tabula but the guide includes CoD & DO and even Cherrubim approaches for those who prefer that.

Regarding CWDT it's actually a rather common question and I haven't though about adding a small info note in the guides about this, will make sure to add this right away! Same goes for the skilltree regarding the Frenzy point.

Glad you're enjoying the guide!

"
Oatooka wrote:
How am i supposed to get enough fusings for a 6L? I'm in yellow maps and only have 80 chaos...

It's RNG based, the average cost to 6L is around 1100 fusings, keep in mind that it's the average which means you can spend less but also more before you hit yours! (Make sure to have 20% quality on the item before linking).

This is also one of the main reasons I prefer a +1 corrupted Tabula Rasa over a "normal" 6L chest. It just costs too much and the Tabula grants such good efficiency for almost no currency.

"
AcerNoctis wrote:
Hi.
im newbie and I would like to ask about gear.
What piece of gear can i use to have 3R and 1 blue socket? that only what im missing from guide.
Ive almost all set but I cant make Artizi Boot with 3red and 1 blue.
spend already too many orbs :(
just to make clear Ive gloves : 4 blue and Helmet 2blue/2red.
Please help.
Thank you.

Hey,

I'll give you a quick recap of the coloring section of the guide:

Basically, if your item has a only dexterity as the required attribute it will mainly roll "green" colors. You can bypass this by using a jeweller trick with the Vorici Master benchcraft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-DX_5uIe0

Now, the Atziri boots are not mandatory, they are optional, if you wish to use a rare pair you should be looking to get a piece with Strength attribute required (can be a mix as well but make sure it has Strength) which is any piece with "Armour" on!

"
sako22 wrote:
How would you say single target is now with the changes to the trickater ascendency?

Slightly buffed compared to before :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Is it possible to turn this build into a CI build? If so how would i do that. I really want to use Deaths Oath & CI. Ty in advance.
Last edited by xNxBxDx on Mar 19, 2018, 6:27:15 AM
Wow,thats cool!!!!!
Would you recommend using a 5L cloak of defiance or a +1 to socketed gems tabula rasa? (in Hardcore)
Started this build today and already made it almost to act 5 (super fast in my book). I'm really liking the build, I've never played a essence drain or contagion and I was really surprised how easy it is so clear groups of mobs. Great build!

I'm level 36 and using 2 Lifesprigs but I feel I should switch over to another leveling unique weapon/rare. What should I look for?

Right now Im using a tabula with a level 3 empower and i do nice damage with capped resistances but if i switch to a 5L cloak of defiance i lose 9k damage but eventually gain it back when i get a 20/20 essence drain. Is it worth it to switch in that case?
hey i have been trying out Fenumus shroud and weave on this build and i have been enjoying it for mapping do you think there is potential there for boss killing or will it need to stay on aleleopthy gloves to still kill bosses reliably?
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey i have been trying out Fenumus shroud and weave on this build and i have been enjoying it for mapping do you think there is potential there for boss killing or will it need to stay on aleleopthy gloves to still kill bosses reliably?

Since Ghazzy's guide doesn't focus on Blight damage, but rather on the utility the Spreading Rot jewels provide, you should be able to shoehorn the gloves in. The gloves does next to nothing for the build though, as the ED damage we are interested in is neither hits nor ailments. The body armour is very interesting. If I were you, I would try to go with just Fenumus' Shroud and a craft Aspect of the Spider on an existing item. The craft merely adds the mod as a suffix, so you can just get an item with an open suffix and craft it. A ring or amulet is nice, as the aspect is affected by support gems, and will reserve a lot of mana if you are not careful. My ring as an example:
"
Nedieth wrote:
"
diablo184 wrote:

Since Ghazzy's guide doesn't focus on Blight damage, but rather on the utility the Spreading Rot jewels provide, you should be able to shoehorn the gloves in. The gloves does next to nothing for the build though, as the ED damage we are interested in is neither hits nor ailments. The body armour is very interesting. If I were you, I would try to go with just Fenumus' Shroud and a craft Aspect of the Spider on an existing item. The craft merely adds the mod as a suffix, so you can just get an item with an open suffix and craft it. A ring or amulet is nice, as the aspect is affected by support gems, and will reserve a lot of mana if you are not careful. My ring as an example:

i was not aware that you could craft the skills onto other gear will defiantly have to be on the look out for that, is that only something you can do if you have captured the boss or is there another way to do it?
also in switching over i am reminded how much i wish we had a better tool tip for dot damage
Last edited by diablo184 on Mar 22, 2018, 12:18:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info