GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
What if we didn´t take the Dreamer Mana node and spend the 5 Points on Righteous Decree and Dynamo instead ? We would lose Mana Regen but overall would get more Mana and other stats overall.
THoughts ?

Matter of taste, it's not just having a large mana pool, it's sustaining it as well :)

"
ooFunky wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

@ooFunky:
Thank you for helping out, you're starting to sound like @Garyas in here! <3
I appreciate it :)

Glad to be of any help :) also it helps me understanding the build better and seeing things I can improve on my items, tree and what not.

I apprecaite it <3

"
Chedric wrote:
I got a helm with a built-in lvl 18 inc AoE support and other stats that are decent. Being that I have Contagion in my helm, I can effectively make it a 5L with minimal rework. I was thinking of putting in added chaos, but that only supports skills that hit and Contagion does not. So what would be a good option? Looks like swift affliction or efficacy? (it probably doesn't matter much, as Cont seems to mainly be a vehicle for spreading ED damage, but maybe something useful could be dropped in)

Thanks a ton for this guide, btw. I injured my wrist shortly after xmas and having a build that I can comfortably not have to hammer buttons to play has been very welcome.

Oh, sorry to hear about your injury, glad you like the build though!

Well, Contagion is literally just how you proliferate your actual DMG, scaling Contagion is kind of "mjeh" imo. You can save a socket slot and add something else there imo, golem/Vaal Lightning Trap/Flame Dash etc etc

"
dnates2014 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
dnates2014 wrote:
Really just can't do t14 vaults with sextants :( hard to survive lol. I suck at the game haha

Since I'm late to the party this round I just checked your gear and it doesn't look like you should have any problems running that, perhaps you changed something since you posted this. Would you mind confirming that things are fine now or do you still need help?

Well, I still have problems with the vault boss. I often times get 1 shot out of the blue..

Looking at your character it looks fully MF geared, which means you lack tons of eHP to survive the Vault Boss, he can hit stupidly hard during the stone drop phase as well :S

"

Hey,i like this build so much but i have problem with survivability sometimes i die in a tier 12-14 maps
Maybe its beacuse i dont have alot of hp, i have 4900 hp and 1200 es.
Another question is how to spend my currency i have something like 300chaos.

Life is a bit low but not by much.
How's your mana? Are you able to sustain the 30% MoM (Life * 0.428 = required unreserved mana)

Regarding 21/20 ED, I personally prefer getting it myself :)

"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
Im sorry but Im still confused about this whole reserved mana situation. How do you even get reserved mana and how is it used by clarity, blasphemy and enfeeble?

To be honest Im lvl 86 running this build and have almost never needed to use enfeeble, clarity or blasphemy nor do I have reserved mana, but I think i should integrate it.

I finally got most of the gear Ive been needing. Have a 99% chaos dmg BotC, 6 linked skin of the loyal with empower lvl 3+1 (cant afford lvl 4 yet), have allelopathy gloves with 4 support gems for 5L, 4L contagion on boots and 4L devotos helm for wither totem and 40% inc. essence drain (i also got a backup with 40% inc blight dmg if needed) . Just need to put CWDT on my BotC without the increased duration.

Ive been using 2x ventors gamble and have all capped resistances. For amulet Ive been using the aylardex for the extra mana regen and power charge with patient reaper but I havent seen anyone else doing that here, any suggested replacements?

For boots ive been using rainbowstride instead of the atziris step because I feel like the overall stats are even better, but im not sure if thats true because Im missing out on a lot of evasion since I have skin of the loyal...

running 2 spreading rot jewels and 1 clear mind jewel.

My damage is good enough for T11-12 but I still find im pretty squishy overall. 3900hp, 1300 ES, 2150 mana none reserved.

Any suggestions how to improve this even more other than 21 ED or lvl 4 empower?

any help would be very much appreciated. Not sure how to link my build to this... first time poe builder!

Hey,

Clarity & Blasphemy reserves your mana pool.

Some prefer not to reserve anything at all which makes hitting the unreserved mana pool far easier but you lose the quality of life having Enfeeble or the eHP sustaining help provided by a Clarity.

Aylardex is alright to use, keep in mind the calculation of your mana pool shifts with the extra "MoM Effect per power charge". The amulet is a matter of taste, Aylardex/Bisco's Collar/Rare doesn't matter tbh, it matters what you prefer to play with :)

Evasion is literally what ever for this build even with the Skin otL, so you're all good there!

Life/Mana looks good and sustainable, I think the Enfeeble addition will help you a lot with surviving, or Temporal Chains if you prefer.

A rare amulet providing spell dmg and/or Chaos dmg will improve dmg output, so will impressence of chayula same with Essence of Envy crafted rings (chaos dmg).

"
SkylineCVC wrote:
"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
"
@Ghazzy

just wanted to thank you for your awesome build. I always wanted to play a "dot-like" build in PoE which is cheap to play. I came back to PoE because of your guide. ;)

I have one question:
You tell to use Mind over Matter till you can afford Cloak of Defiance. I just used poe.trade to check for Cloak of Defiance and it just costs 2chaos+. For my current body armour i spent about 5 chaos and I think (newb here!) its better than Cloak of Defiance. What your opinion about that?

Thanks alot and happy gaming.

Negzhul

The body armor is that cheap because its not 6L, getting 6L on your ED is pretty important for overall DPS. Early on while levelling you can buy a tabula rasa for 10c so at least you can 6L your ED gems.Later youll save up for 6L cloak of defiance or the other body armors.

Thank you for your quick response. :)
6 linked CoD is at least 5.5 exalts... I think i understand now. ;)

I always prefer to use a Tabula for this build specifically, try to get a +1 lvl of gems corrupted one, it's cheaper than a 6L CoD :)

"
dshell wrote:
"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
Im sorry but Im still confused about this whole reserved mana situation. How do you even get reserved mana and how is it used by clarity, blasphemy and enfeeble?

Blasphemy turns curses into auras and all auras reserve an amount of mana depending on the level. Usually Blasphemy is paired with Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. Since Clarity is already an aura, these three are usually linked up.

"
To be honest Im lvl 86 running this build and have almost never needed to use enfeeble, clarity or blasphemy nor do I have reserved mana, but I think i should integrate it.

It's recommended to use either Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. It helps with crowd control.

"
I finally got most of the gear Ive been needing. Have a 99% chaos dmg BotC, 6 linked skin of the loyal with empower lvl 3+1 (cant afford lvl 4 yet), have allelopathy gloves with 4 support gems for 5L, 4L contagion on boots and 4L devotos helm for wither totem and 40% inc. essence drain (i also got a backup with 40% inc blight dmg if needed) . Just need to put CWDT on my BotC without the increased duration.

I'd suggest dropping the CWDT package. Add either Whirling Blades or Shield Charge with Faster Attacks + Fortify support.

"
Ive been using 2x ventors gamble and have all capped resistances. For amulet Ive been using the aylardex for the extra mana regen and power charge with patient reaper but I havent seen anyone else doing that here, any suggested replacements?

I ran Aylardex for a while, but I don't know if it's needed. Atziri's Foible is really good or just a well rolled amulet with added damage and IR. Some people run Impresence (Chaos), which is also really good, but they're expensive.

"
For boots ive been using rainbowstride instead of the atziris step because I feel like the overall stats are even better, but im not sure if thats true because Im missing out on a lot of evasion since I have skin of the loyal...

Voidwalker Murder boots are really good. They add evasion and energy shield and you can also gain Phasing which is an added perk.

"
Any suggestions how to improve this even more other than 21 ED or lvl 4 empower?

Adding Blasphemy + Enfeeble/TC + Clarity should really help with some of your squishyness.

Cheers for helping out shell <3

"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
I will also need to figure out what to replace my clear mind jewel with since I will have reserved mana now it will become useless

Can use an Abyssal Jewel with some spell or chaos dmg mods and high flat mana :)

"
And I just ripped in a Phantasmagoria with double bosses and multiple projectiles.
I didn´t move out of the way fast enough and got oneshot.
That´s unfortunate because I liked this character.

Now that's a dangerous fight if they have extra dmg mods :S

"
"
Tresiel wrote:
I'm wondering whether I sound re-spec my tree, newbie here currently at 88 in abyss SC. It's my 1st time playing serious. Working my way through T14 at the moment. Its a nice fairly relaxed playstyle.

Would anyone be so kind as to critique my tree please?
and advise If I should re-spec or just carry on as is?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.2/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSA5cES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoaOBzcIvQmiCaVJy8rCiycMtE2PTlSOlg62DwFPLZFR0V-RZ1JT0lRTLNSr1NSVUtVhVXGWAdauVxAXfJfKmHiYqxmVGf8akNqjGr6bAtsjG0ZdFV1nnaCfIN_xoCzgpuD24UyhXuHy4sOjxqP-pBVkUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjua4Juhnaqf36EvogCi2aOjpcunm6yYsNi00bVItzC7TbyqvOq-isBmyAzIFMu9zxXQH9Wm18_aO91f5oHrY-vu7DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NX1b_fX-Tc=?accountName=Tresiel&characterName=DrainyTrainy

Personally I wouldn't spec into Alchemists or any AoE nodes. You get plenty of AoE from the contagion setup itself, area damage doesn't help you at all, and the flask bonus is nothing compared to extra jewel slots with spell/chaos damage/life/mana. Remember that the final vanilla build targets (in order of importance) are capped resists, 5k+ life, 2150+ unreserved mana, and then as much dps as possible.

If you look at my passive tree you can see there's a way to get to Whispers of Doom while saving a passive and eliminating AoE/Alchemists. I'd also spec out of everything to the left of "Discipline and Training"; there are more efficient ways to get life/spell damage. Namely by heading down to Constitution. As your life increases through gems and %life nodes, you'll likely need to pick up some of the mana nodes you skipped (e.g. Dreamer).

Grab the jewel sockets off Shaper and Blood Drinker and maybe the one above Dynamo if you can. Socket a combination of Abyss jewels with flat life/mana and regular jewels with %life / %damage. Lastly you grabbed three nodes on the Melding wheel but not Melding... I'm thinking of speccing out of that wheel entirely though since the life % are so low and es doesn't matter.

Also looking at your items, it doesn't look like you have enough mana. Your rings need serious upgrades to the life rolls. And you don't have any chaos resist, which means certain bosses are going to one shot you.

^^^^

"
kizzderose wrote:
Little priority question:

Lvl 82 atm and lvl ups come slowly now.
My skilltree is exactly the one from the guide, the things missing are:
4 life nodes
2 mana nodes below Deep Wisdom
Deep Thoughts and the mana node below
Potency of Will and the other 2 skill effect duration nodes

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxhqHNwi9CaIJpUo-ipTKwosnDLRNZI2PTlSOlg8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlWFVcZYB1q5XEBd8mHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uLDo8aj_qRR5MnlS6XLZeVl_Sa4JuhnaqhL6IAotmjo6XLp5usmLDYsnC0DLTRtUi3MLc-uJO8qrzqvYK-isBmyAzIFMrTy73PFdAf18_Yvdo75oHrY-vu74jv6_Af8NX1b_fX-Tf56P4K_o8=

2 simple questions:
Mana or life, what is "better" with MoM?
How powerful is Potency of Will? Should i get those nodes before the mana/life nodes?
Or even reskill some points? Or is it just the last drop to "perfection"?

Potency of Will is there for QoL and to help sustain your "rotation" vs bosses, not really needed till later if you don't want the QoL addition.

Priority question;
Life as long as your mana is enough to sustain what ever #% MoM effect you have, if you are below then mana is higher valued than life for the sake of actually having proper eHP based of your characters current state.

"
Sharmi wrote:
Hello guys. Firstly, thanks for this build. I´m loving it. Anyway, today I got really lucky and dropped 1EX and Windripper. So I have lots of currency to spare. What should be my next upgrade?

Think the belt is the cheapest to upgrade for more life, though I would prefer to start with the jewelleries as they are very bad on the life rolls and then you can balance the resistances easier with the belt purchase afterwards.

"
Kallick wrote:
Hi, thanks for the guide, it's working great so far. I was curious as to why the skill tree between the text guide and the video guide is so different? I see your note that the guide is from 2.6.

In the video, you talk about shooting down to grab Iron Reflexes, but the southern section of the tree is completely ignored in the text guide skill tree links. You have us go west into the Witch's starting section to get to the Templar nodes. I've been adhering to the text-based level progression links, and they're working great, I just wanted to know what changed between the video and the last update to the guide, because it seems there are some fundamental differences, particularly that we aren't trying to focus on creating armor anymore via evasion conversion. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

This confusion is coming to an end!
After posting this I'm beginning the project to create the updated video guide for this build, it will be uploaded in a couple of hours depending on how long it'll take me. I've recieved over 100 clips from people playing this build so I will do my best to find the best way to utilize the footages for the update!

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Level 84, can ya give me some recommendations ...I know I need helm enchant , still need the last of the 6 assendancies so I can do Uber and get the good enchant.

My skill tree I am following the guide. Recommendations there also?
Level 84, can ya give me some recommendations ...I know I need helm enchant , still need the last of the 6 assendancies so I can do Uber and get the good enchant. In process of looking for upgrades to Amulet and ring. i actually have a better ring and Amulet but they lack the dex and strength which both always seem to be a problem for me.

Last edited by Badtwo on Jan 21, 2018, 2:39:35 PM
Got me the updates as previously mentioned - running a +1 Tab, +3 empower and a (poorly rolled) BoTC. Also added in a (poorly rolled) Bisco's for good measure.

I've never taken a build beyond old T11 shaped strand before - think I'm going to do the endgame with this (even if there are more effecient builds, I enjoy this one). Gear is below.

Will swap out the shield for a Rathpith when I can be bothered. Not having much luck with map drops so still in whites at lvl 80. My shield has slightly better block (I think) but the ressies are useless to me as I'm capped elsewhere. The Rathpith has loads more damage, but the shield has that sweet background >_>

Absolutely 0 optimisation so far, but I'm enjoying the build!

Any ideas what I should be going for next? I find gearing to be a bit of a pain at this point because as soon as you take 1 item off, you break your build....
Hey guys,

The video update for this build guide is being rendered! Will post when it's uploaded :D

"
Badtwo wrote:
Level 84, can ya give me some recommendations ...I know I need helm enchant , still need the last of the 6 assendancies so I can do Uber and get the good enchant. In process of looking for upgrades to Amulet and ring. i actually have a better ring and Amulet but they lack the dex and strength which both always seem to be a problem for me.

Hey,

Of course;
Try getting high dexterity on your amulet, strength shouldn't be a problem with a proper belt.
You don't have to lvl up Shield Charge as it won't do any difference for this build, which requires far less strength!

I'd recommend speccing out of some of the mana nodes & pick up 2 more jewel slots to use "Spreading Rot Jewel" with to further sort your single target / boss dps.

"
Utopia_ wrote:
Got me the updates as previously mentioned - running a +1 Tab, +3 empower and a (poorly rolled) BoTC. Also added in a (poorly rolled) Bisco's for good measure.

I've never taken a build beyond old T11 shaped strand before - think I'm going to do the endgame with this (even if there are more effecient builds, I enjoy this one). Gear is below.

Will swap out the shield for a Rathpith when I can be bothered. Not having much luck with map drops so still in whites at lvl 80. My shield has slightly better block (I think) but the ressies are useless to me as I'm capped elsewhere. The Rathpith has loads more damage, but the shield has that sweet background >_>

Absolutely 0 optimisation so far, but I'm enjoying the build!

Any ideas what I should be going for next? I find gearing to be a bit of a pain at this point because as soon as you take 1 item off, you break your build....

Hey,

Sounds awesome bro, glad you're enjoying it!

Sweet background can be hard to give up :<

Well, your Ruby ring has 0 life on it, that's a good place to start upgrading!
UPDATED VIDEO GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!

https://youtu.be/l0w_Art-1Yk

Will post it on reddit when it's done processing.
Last edited by Ghazzy on Jan 21, 2018, 6:09:59 PM
https://redd.it/7s1eki

Aaaand it's done!
"
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
dnates2014 wrote:
Really just can't do t14 vaults with sextants :( hard to survive lol. I suck at the game haha

Since I'm late to the party this round I just checked your gear and it doesn't look like you should have any problems running that, perhaps you changed something since you posted this. Would you mind confirming that things are fine now or do you still need help?

Thanks bro, I just changed it up to what "RussianFanBoy" has as I wanted to incorporate magic find :) can you recommend an MF setup lol. ?
Last edited by dnates2014 on Jan 21, 2018, 6:58:43 PM
Hi Guys,

As 95 level with this build I have to tell ya, that it's just awesome. Generally, it's breezing through all the content till T16 without any problem and generally deathless. Generally means I died twice at level 93, and never at level 94 even though i was doing only t12+ maps. What's more fun, I was doing this by playing recklessly , that is running into few packs of mobs and casting ED from inside and all in ... Magic Find gear:)

Yeah, this build is really tanky. I'm now at 6,8k hp + 0,9 ES + 0,6k unresered mana (due to dual curse temporal chains and enffeble). Combine this with meaningful evasion and armor, and only few bosses pose any threat when you're not carefull.

My biggest advice, that I can share and really changed the build, is getting the highest level of Essence Drain. Between level 93 and 95 i switched from ED level 20 to ED level 28 (staff +3 + Empower lvl 4 + corrupted ED level 21).

This boosted my damage by ...2,5x times! Yeah, when you kill bosses really fast, than it's hard to die:) Especially when the boss is busy with minions from Vaal Skeletons.

And 1 more remark here: after strenghtening ED so much, I totally resigned from Allelopathy (only for Shaper use). The damage from ED is so high, you don't need to use Blight. By doing this you don't have to stay close to boss = greatly reduced chance to be killed :) As a result, I often kill bosses from outside of screen while my skeletons keep it busy, so there's no way you can die:)

Here's my "boss mode" gear if you're interested. Of course for generall mapping + 80% of bosses I use magic find jewelry (Bisco's + Ventor's Gamble).

The gear might look expensive, but i got it only from mapping. Once you open you shop and offer for sales some maps/drops, You quickly get to earning 1 ex for 1-2 hour of playing.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by ziuteczek123456 on Jan 21, 2018, 7:28:31 PM
"
Hi Guys,

As 95 level with this build I have to tell ya, that it's just awesome. Generally, it's breezing through all the content till T16 without any problem and generally deathless. Generally means I died twice at level 93, and never at level 94 even though i was doing only t12+ maps. What's more fun, I was doing this by playing recklessly , that is running into few packs of mobs and casting ED from inside and all in ... Magic Find gear:)

Yeah, this build is really tanky. I'm now at 6,8k hp + 0,9 ES + 0,6k unresered mana (due to dual curse temporal chains and enffeble). Combine this with meaningful evasion and armor, and only few bosses pose any threat when you're not carefull.

My biggest advice, that I can share and really changed the build, is getting the highest level of Essence Drain. Between level 93 and 95 i switched from ED level 20 to ED level 28 (staff +3 + Empower lvl 4 + corrupted ED level 21).

This boosted my damage by ...2,5x times! Yeah, when you kill bosses really fast, than it's hard to die:) Especially when the boss is busy with minions from Vaal Skeletons.

And 1 more remark here: after strenghtening ED so much, I totally resigned from Allelopathy (only for Shaper use). The damage from ED is so high, you don't need to use Blight. By doing this you don't have to stay close to boss = greatly reduced chance to be killed :) As a result, I often kill bosses from outside of screen while my skeletons keep it busy, so there's no way you can die:)

Here's my "boss mode" gear if you're interested. Of course for generall mapping + 80% of bosses I use magic find jewelry (Bisco's + Ventor's Gamble).

The gear might look expensive, but i got it only from mapping. Once you open you shop and offer for sales some maps/drops, You quickly get to earning 1 ex for 1-2 hour of playing.

Good luck to all!

Looking truly solid :D Cheers for sharing!

Though Blight with Spreading Rot would increase the chaos dmg taken by the bosses which is insanely effective as it provides 25%*2 (50%) increased damage taken which is based of the final damage you're doing by applying Blight with 2x Spreading Rot Jewels!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info