GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Ya he meant grand spectrum but i understand what he means. I will remove clear mind and probably replace with a spell dmg jewel I have until I get more sockets in passive tree to fit all 3 grand spectrum. I dont have very many mana nodes in my passive tree though, had many more but respecd them and now its more similar to your end game passives.

I currently have the whispers of doom in my tree for the extra curse, why is it that your build doesnt have that? Would be very good to know if I could remove those nodes from my tree!
"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
I currently have the whispers of doom in my tree for the extra curse, why is it that your build doesnt have that? Would be very good to know if I could remove those nodes from my tree!

I'm using a ring that allows the +1 curse so I didn't bother getting Whispers of Doom. I'm lacking some other things that a better ring could give me though so it's a trade-off.

"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:

To be honest Im lvl 86 running this build and have almost never needed to use enfeeble, clarity or blasphemy nor do I have reserved mana, but I think i should integrate it.

I´ve gotten rid of Blasphemy Enfeeble, because I thought the Mana is better used as the Lifepool for MoM. I use a quartz flask and Vaal Grace for general mapping, also I have CWDT Enfeeble if I need a curse applied, but tbh in general mapping VG and Quartz flask do the job.
Nothing hits me, and Breaches went from scary to easy.

For long Boss fights or situations where I lose the VG charge , like Vagan fights inside his own area, I switch out the boots with VG Inc duration, IC , CWDT for a Wither totem setup for the dmg boost.

So far I´m doing ok I would say. I also changed the tree to this here.
I don´t need double curse.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwYVhzcHb4i9CaIJpUo-isKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlcrWrlcQF3yXsBfKmHiYqxo8mpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfEt8g35Zf8aAs4LHg9uFMofLiFqLDo8aj_qRR5MnlS6WdJctl5WX9JrgnaqhL6IAotmjo6XLplenm7DYtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J72CvorAZsgMyBTLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P_rM=?accountName=Delkor_&characterName=DelkorED

And I just ripped in a Phantasmagoria with double bosses and multiple projectiles.
I didn´t move out of the way fast enough and got oneshot.
That´s unfortunate because I liked this character.
I'm wondering whether I sound re-spec my tree, newbie here currently at 88 in abyss SC. It's my 1st time playing serious. Working my way through T14 at the moment. Its a nice fairly relaxed playstyle.

Would anyone be so kind as to critique my tree please?
and advise If I should re-spec or just carry on as is?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.2/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSA5cES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoaOBzcIvQmiCaVJy8rCiycMtE2PTlSOlg62DwFPLZFR0V-RZ1JT0lRTLNSr1NSVUtVhVXGWAdauVxAXfJfKmHiYqxmVGf8akNqjGr6bAtsjG0ZdFV1nnaCfIN_xoCzgpuD24UyhXuHy4sOjxqP-pBVkUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjua4Juhnaqf36EvogCi2aOjpcunm6yYsNi00bVItzC7TbyqvOq-isBmyAzIFMu9zxXQH9Wm18_aO91f5oHrY-vu7DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NX1b_fX-Tc=?accountName=Tresiel&characterName=DrainyTrainy
Last edited by Tresiel on Jan 20, 2018, 11:09:22 AM
"
Tresiel wrote:
I'm wondering whether I sound re-spec my tree, newbie here currently at 88 in abyss SC. It's my 1st time playing serious. Working my way through T14 at the moment. Its a nice fairly relaxed playstyle.

Would anyone be so kind as to critique my tree please?
and advise If I should re-spec or just carry on as is?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.2/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSA5cES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoaOBzcIvQmiCaVJy8rCiycMtE2PTlSOlg62DwFPLZFR0V-RZ1JT0lRTLNSr1NSVUtVhVXGWAdauVxAXfJfKmHiYqxmVGf8akNqjGr6bAtsjG0ZdFV1nnaCfIN_xoCzgpuD24UyhXuHy4sOjxqP-pBVkUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjua4Juhnaqf36EvogCi2aOjpcunm6yYsNi00bVItzC7TbyqvOq-isBmyAzIFMu9zxXQH9Wm18_aO91f5oHrY-vu7DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NX1b_fX-Tc=?accountName=Tresiel&characterName=DrainyTrainy

Personally I wouldn't spec into Alchemists or any AoE nodes. You get plenty of AoE from the contagion setup itself, area damage doesn't help you at all, and the flask bonus is nothing compared to extra jewel slots with spell/chaos damage/life/mana. Remember that the final vanilla build targets (in order of importance) are capped resists, 5k+ life, 2150+ unreserved mana, and then as much dps as possible.

If you look at my passive tree you can see there's a way to get to Whispers of Doom while saving a passive and eliminating AoE/Alchemists. I'd also spec out of everything to the left of "Discipline and Training"; there are more efficient ways to get life/spell damage. Namely by heading down to Constitution. As your life increases through gems and %life nodes, you'll likely need to pick up some of the mana nodes you skipped (e.g. Dreamer).

Grab the jewel sockets off Shaper and Blood Drinker and maybe the one above Dynamo if you can. Socket a combination of Abyss jewels with flat life/mana and regular jewels with %life / %damage. Lastly you grabbed three nodes on the Melding wheel but not Melding... I'm thinking of speccing out of that wheel entirely though since the life % are so low and es doesn't matter.

Also looking at your items, it doesn't look like you have enough mana. Your rings need serious upgrades to the life rolls. And you don't have any chaos resist, which means certain bosses are going to one shot you.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jan 20, 2018, 12:19:19 PM
Little priority question:

Lvl 82 atm and lvl ups come slowly now.
My skilltree is exactly the one from the guide, the things missing are:
4 life nodes
2 mana nodes below Deep Wisdom
Deep Thoughts and the mana node below
Potency of Will and the other 2 skill effect duration nodes

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYCAQQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxhqHNwi9CaIJpUo-ipTKwosnDLRNZI2PTlSOlg8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlWFVcZYB1q5XEBd8mHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uLDo8aj_qRR5MnlS6XLZeVl_Sa4JuhnaqhL6IAotmjo6XLp5usmLDYsnC0DLTRtUi3MLc-uJO8qrzqvYK-isBmyAzIFMrTy73PFdAf18_Yvdo75oHrY-vu74jv6_Af8NX1b_fX-Tf56P4K_o8=

2 simple questions:
Mana or life, what is "better" with MoM?
How powerful is Potency of Will? Should i get those nodes before the mana/life nodes?
Or even reskill some points? Or is it just the last drop to "perfection"?
Hello guys. Firstly, thanks for this build. I´m loving it. Anyway, today I got really lucky and dropped 1EX and Windripper. So I have lots of currency to spare. What should be my next upgrade?
Hi, thanks for the guide, it's working great so far. I was curious as to why the skill tree between the text guide and the video guide is so different? I see your note that the guide is from 2.6.

In the video, you talk about shooting down to grab Iron Reflexes, but the southern section of the tree is completely ignored in the text guide skill tree links. You have us go west into the Witch's starting section to get to the Templar nodes. I've been adhering to the text-based level progression links, and they're working great, I just wanted to know what changed between the video and the last update to the guide, because it seems there are some fundamental differences, particularly that we aren't trying to focus on creating armor anymore via evasion conversion. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!
Last edited by Kallick on Jan 21, 2018, 12:48:13 PM
"
kizzderose wrote:

2 simple questions:
Mana or life, what is "better" with MoM?

As I understand it, MoM works "better" if you have ~50% of your life in mana (or mana +EBES if you have that)- after turning on things that reserve. Ghazzy has a calculation doc in the first post. The wiki says at least 43% of life in mana to max out MoM. So the best thing would be to hit that ratio and then as you upgrade try to keep it. (not that it is required- I've run with less, but found I had to rely on mana pots more when getting hit)

"
How powerful is Potency of Will? Should i get those nodes before the mana/life nodes?
Or even reskill some points? Or is it just the last drop to "perfection"?

I haven't picked up Potency and feel like I do fine. I'm in SC also and I went the way of Method to the Madness (chaos damage/resist). Maybe I'll wish I had it in higher tiers?
Last edited by Chedric on Jan 21, 2018, 1:13:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info