GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Im sorry but Im still confused about this whole reserved mana situation. How do you even get reserved mana and how is it used by clarity, blasphemy and enfeeble?

To be honest Im lvl 86 running this build and have almost never needed to use enfeeble, clarity or blasphemy nor do I have reserved mana, but I think i should integrate it.

I finally got most of the gear Ive been needing. Have a 99% chaos dmg BotC, 6 linked skin of the loyal with empower lvl 3+1 (cant afford lvl 4 yet), have allelopathy gloves with 4 support gems for 5L, 4L contagion on boots and 4L devotos helm for wither totem and 40% inc. essence drain (i also got a backup with 40% inc blight dmg if needed) . Just need to put CWDT on my BotC without the increased duration.

Ive been using 2x ventors gamble and have all capped resistances. For amulet Ive been using the aylardex for the extra mana regen and power charge with patient reaper but I havent seen anyone else doing that here, any suggested replacements?

For boots ive been using rainbowstride instead of the atziris step because I feel like the overall stats are even better, but im not sure if thats true because Im missing out on a lot of evasion since I have skin of the loyal...

running 2 spreading rot jewels and 1 clear mind jewel.

My damage is good enough for T11-12 but I still find im pretty squishy overall. 3900hp, 1300 ES, 2150 mana none reserved.

Any suggestions how to improve this even more other than 21 ED or lvl 4 empower?

any help would be very much appreciated. Not sure how to link my build to this... first time poe builder!
@Ghazzy

just wanted to thank you for your awesome build. I always wanted to play a "dot-like" build in PoE which is cheap to play. I came back to PoE because of your guide. ;)

I have one question:
You tell to use Mind over Matter till you can afford Cloak of Defiance. I just used poe.trade to check for Cloak of Defiance and it just costs 2chaos+. For my current body armour i spent about 5 chaos and I think (newb here!) its better than Cloak of Defiance. What your opinion about that?

Thanks alot and happy gaming.

Negzhul
Last edited by SkylineCVC on Jan 19, 2018, 2:30:57 PM
Also I have a 5L perfect form that Im trying to 6L which I guess I could used instead of skin of the loyal to get more sustain instead of damage. but getting 6L will take a while and Id rather avoid it...
"
@Ghazzy

just wanted to thank you for your awesome build. I always wanted to play a "dot-like" build in PoE which is cheap to play. I came back to PoE because of your guide. ;)

I have one question:
You tell to use Mind over Matter till you can afford Cloak of Defiance. I just used poe.trade to check for Cloak of Defiance and it just costs 2chaos+. For my current body armour i spent about 5 chaos and I think (newb here!) its better than Cloak of Defiance. What your opinion about that?

Negzhul

The body armor is that cheap because its not 6L, getting 6L on your ED is pretty important for overall DPS. Early on while levelling you can buy a tabula rasa for 10c so at least you can 6L your ED gems.Later youll save up for 6L cloak of defiance or the other body armors.
"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
"
@Ghazzy

I have one question:

Negzhul

The body armor is that cheap because its not 6L, getting 6L on your ED is pretty important for overall DPS. Early on while levelling you can buy a tabula rasa for 10c so at least you can 6L your ED gems.Later youll save up for 6L cloak of defiance or the other body armors.

Thank you for your quick response. :)
6 linked CoD is at least 5.5 exalts... I think i understand now. ;)
"
FuzzyBaztard wrote:
Im sorry but Im still confused about this whole reserved mana situation. How do you even get reserved mana and how is it used by clarity, blasphemy and enfeeble?

Blasphemy turns curses into auras and all auras reserve an amount of mana depending on the level. Usually Blasphemy is paired with Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. Since Clarity is already an aura, these three are usually linked up.

"
To be honest Im lvl 86 running this build and have almost never needed to use enfeeble, clarity or blasphemy nor do I have reserved mana, but I think i should integrate it.

It's recommended to use either Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. It helps with crowd control.

"
I finally got most of the gear Ive been needing. Have a 99% chaos dmg BotC, 6 linked skin of the loyal with empower lvl 3+1 (cant afford lvl 4 yet), have allelopathy gloves with 4 support gems for 5L, 4L contagion on boots and 4L devotos helm for wither totem and 40% inc. essence drain (i also got a backup with 40% inc blight dmg if needed) . Just need to put CWDT on my BotC without the increased duration.

I'd suggest dropping the CWDT package. Add either Whirling Blades or Shield Charge with Faster Attacks + Fortify support.

"
Ive been using 2x ventors gamble and have all capped resistances. For amulet Ive been using the aylardex for the extra mana regen and power charge with patient reaper but I havent seen anyone else doing that here, any suggested replacements?

I ran Aylardex for a while, but I don't know if it's needed. Atziri's Foible is really good or just a well rolled amulet with added damage and IR. Some people run Impresence (Chaos), which is also really good, but they're expensive.

"
For boots ive been using rainbowstride instead of the atziris step because I feel like the overall stats are even better, but im not sure if thats true because Im missing out on a lot of evasion since I have skin of the loyal...

Voidwalker Murder boots are really good. They add evasion and energy shield and you can also gain Phasing which is an added perk.

"
Any suggestions how to improve this even more other than 21 ED or lvl 4 empower?

Adding Blasphemy + Enfeeble/TC + Clarity should really help with some of your squishyness.
Awesome. thanks for the quick response. I actually do have a 3L shield charge setup i just forgot to mention it. I will remove the CWDT setup and make a 3link of clarity, blasphemy and enfeeble and see how it goes.

The extra mana from aylardex may help now that almost half my mana will be reserved when clarity and enfeeble are active? Will do some tests with the new setup and see how it goes if I replace the amulet with more damage or maybe life.

So basically I run into fight, put down wither totem, activate clarity and enfeeble then contagion + ED? do clarity and enfeeble basically always stay on with blasphemy?

Thanks again! very helpful and awesome guide.
I will also need to figure out what to replace my clear mind jewel with since I will have reserved mana now it will become useless
"
The extra mana from aylardex may help now that almost half my mana will be reserved when clarity and enfeeble are active? Will do some tests with the new setup and see how it goes if I replace the amulet with more damage or maybe life.

Aylardex can help with mana, but Foible does as well and the mana regen rate from Foible is much higher.

"
So basically I run into fight, put down wither totem, activate clarity and enfeeble then contagion + ED? do clarity and enfeeble basically always stay on with blasphemy?

I activate Enfeeble and Clarity when I enter a map. They should always be up. Honestly, I use ED first, then cast Contagion. This spreads the DoT very fast. You can drop a totem before this, but most packs should die to ED + Contagion. I usually save Wither and Blight for tough rare monsters or bosses.

Also, Clear Mind Jewels are never useless. Adding 30 mana adds up to much more when you account for all the added mana nodes you have on the passive tree. So, you should keep them and work on getting more jewel sockets to add more. Three Clear Minds (or more) is usually what you want to have in the endgame.
Last edited by dshell on Jan 19, 2018, 4:58:05 PM
"
dshell wrote:
Also, Clear Mind Jewels are never useless. Adding 30 mana adds up to much more when you account for all the added mana nodes you have on the passive tree. So, you should keep them and work on getting more jewel sockets to add more. Three Clear Minds (or more) is usually what you want to have in the endgame.

I think you're confusing Clear Mind with Grand Spectrum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info