GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Am I not going to just die instantly with the Death's Oath?
"
Pathological wrote:
Allelopathy defintely helps, but spreading rot is incredibly overestimated unless you use blight consistantly. The damage modifier only works on the hinder aspect of the blight debuff, which can only be applied to a mob that does not already have your blight debuff on it.

Ergo, on bosses (which is what it was suggested for), it will only be up for around 1.5 seconds of the entire fight, unless you are consistantly dropping blight (which you shouldn't be since it is maintained by a totem).

Allelopathy is pretty nice. Spreading rot is just not good unless blight is your clear skill, and it definitely isn't good for sustained single target damage like on bosses. This is even more the case in a league with high value stat jewels available, although whether or not any are overly good for ed is questionable. That said; it's hard to justify spreading rot even over normal well rolled jewels.

I have to disagree here. You don't run Blight on a totem, but Wither. You use self-cast blight in between the usual Cont, ED, Wither cycle, so it does drop off. Also, as channeling Blight can be quite dangerous against certain bosses, it will drop even more often. The uptime of the Hinder debuff definitely is way longer than 1.5s.

You can of course make a point that spreading rot only helps vs. bosses and you can have much better rare jewels for general purposes - I agree to that. But on the other hand, with all the sources of increased damage, we are probably setting somewhere around a 900% increase, so losing 45% (2x approx 35% vs 2x 13%) is also not that big a difference - compared to gaining a big buff for the hindered mobs.

All in all a matter of preference I guess. But as was mentioned and I guess we all agree: clearspeed vs trash is not an issue at all with this build, but boss fights are. So I will take anything that helps with boss fights over even faster map clear speed.

Why don't we grab corruption and the chaos damage nodes whispers of Doom? Are they not good? We are already connected to them, so we don't have to spend points on traveling.

Also, how about using The Hungry Loop for a single target skill, maybe a 5L blight? The only bad news is that none of the support gems can have quality on them.
I have never played Diablo 2 or Diablo 3...

I have played FATE and it's successors, though, and I'm told it's similar to Diablo.
@ghazzy

Im sort of confused since you suggest using MoM but have a section for auras do we run the auras still or is it just for leveling ?
"
Earthdragon88 wrote:
@ghazzy

Im sort of confused since you suggest using MoM but have a section for auras do we run the auras still or is it just for leveling ?

Should only be running a blasphemied curse (enfeeble/temporal chains... which offers damage reduction in trade of reservation) and clarity (a must have for any MoM build)
Hi there.

I am first time playing ED build and I got few questions. Could please someone answer them?

1. I am lvl 67 and it feels like I don't know where I should spend my points. When I am looking at 89points tree, I gave it everywhere... is this skill tree finished? Because I still have some points left.

2. Why do we take frenzy charges in skill tree? I don't see any use for it

3. Why we need delirium dagger? "Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 500 Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds". Doesn't it mean that it works only on basic attacks?

4. I am mapping right now and I am at tier 3. Clear speed was insane before I went for maps... now I still can kill mobs with cont+ED, but it's kinda slow. What can I do about it?

5. Why Cloak of Defiance is such a good item? I can't see any pros for it. I can get much better armor with +hp bonus and resists... what I am missing about it? I don't have mana problems (still using 5link ED, getting my currency for tabula). Even Cherrubim's Maleficence looks much better for me.

Gotta go to work right now. I'll add more questions when I come back.

Best regards.

Hi.

In PoeBuild i see you have -20% all resist !!!
It's not accetable. !!!
With a +1 tabula until what tiers can do? Is cloack of defiance the best option for chest? If you use the cloack of defiance you have to respect the MoM points in the tree or keep it for the increased mana?
Hi im following this build and if anyone wants to share ideas or questions one of us may know feel free to add me. Just started maping and its pretty good. Gotta do the ascendency tho. For people who ask why take Frenzy charge in the skill tree its for Swift killer ascendency.
"
oskarkxyz wrote:
Hi there.

I am first time playing ED build and I got few questions. Could please someone answer them?

I'll try :-)

"
oskarkxyz wrote:

1. I am lvl 67 and it feels like I don't know where I should spend my points. When I am looking at 89points tree, I gave it everywhere... is this skill tree finished? Because I still have some points left.

There is a link below the 89point tree with a finished tree (for level 93 I guess). Also 89 points doesn't mean Level 89, because you get a lot of points out of quests.

"
oskarkxyz wrote:

2. Why do we take frenzy charges in skill tree? I don't see any use for it

Frenzy charges are for the use of the "Swift Killer" Ascendancy. You'll get 5% Damage over Time for each active Frenzy and Powercharge. Personally I didn't go for Swift Killer in Turmoil/Mayhem Event for normal lab. I prefer to go for "Patient Reaper" with the permanent Buff to Damage over Time. You can skip the Frenzy Charge early and get it later, when you got "Swift Killer".

"
oskarkxyz wrote:

3. Why we need delirium dagger? "Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 500 Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds". Doesn't it mean that it works only on basic attacks?

I can't say much about that. But from what I've read, it's outdated and not worth to use a delirium dagger (not sure why, maybe it doesn't scale anymore with DoT-Damage?). I guess you applied Decay-DoT with shield charge and it got buffed by your passive Damage over Time.

"
oskarkxyz wrote:

4. I am mapping right now and I am at tier 3. Clear speed was insane before I went for maps... now I still can kill mobs with cont+ED, but it's kinda slow. What can I do about it?

+1 Skills/Gem-Levels gives the most damage buffs to this build. So most of the time it's enough to just level up the gems and get some quality to improve the damage. In Turmoil and Mayhem I tried to get a Empower Level 1 or higher as soon as possible to level it in Offhand. You can also try to stack some Spelldamage, Chaosdamage or Damage over Time from Items and Jewels to push the damage.

"
oskarkxyz wrote:

5. Why Cloak of Defiance is such a good item? I can't see any pros for it. I can get much better armor with +hp bonus and resists... what I am missing about it? I don't have mana problems (still using 5link ED, getting my currency for tabula). Even Cherrubim's Maleficence looks much better for me.

I guess this is a bit of personal preference from Ghazzy.

I started in Turmoil with this build and got Jewels and Cloak as fast as I could, but I never felt the need of a lot more defense. As far as I can say, the cloak in combination with the grand spectrum jewels give you the most EHP. Personally I prefer something pushing my damage (Tabula with +1 skills, Skin of the loyal, Cherrubim's). Another downside on Cloak is imho that you want to use the grand spectrum jewels to push your Mana-Pool and it's only really useful if you use 3. So you "waste" 3 Jewelsslots for Mana, where you can get easily some damage mods.

"
SerNomeD wrote:
With a +1 tabula until what tiers can do? Is cloack of defiance the best option for chest? If you use the cloack of defiance you have to respect the MoM points in the tree or keep it for the increased mana?

In Turmoil I was able to clear T13 pretty good with a Skin of the Loyal and Empower 2. So I'd say with a tabula you should be able to do the same. For higher tiers you maybe want to get better defense.

If you go for Cloak, you still specc into MoM for the Points behind (still gives 50% more mana and +40 mana).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info