GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
oedipat wrote:
the +1 corruption in tabula is almost the same, because it affects empower and ed.

This. A +1 TR gives +2 to ED (which is the most important gem to boost) and +1 to everything else. The staff gives +2 to ED, Swift affliction and Void manipulation and nothing else.

Ofc having the gems in the staff allows you to wear a chest armor with stats (e.g. Cherrubim for offense or many options for defense), but then again you also have great options for 1h + shield using TR (e.g. BotC + Rathpith).
Sorry for the noob question, but the wiki is down and I'm not sure where else to turn to find this information:

Is it worth it to level the following gems (to 20 or a different, specific level, or do they not provide anything of significance for this build:

Immortal Call
Shield Charge
Fortify

Thank you!
Loving the build so far. Trying to explore some shaped/elder items that would be good for this build but seem to be coming up with nothing. Any slots have good pseudo links/rolls for ed/contagion?
"
oedipat wrote:
...no blight setup...

I'm new to this build and just recently started this league. Sorry if I missed it, but how should I have blight setup in this build?
"
Notashotasu1 wrote:
Sorry for the noob question, but the wiki is down and I'm not sure where else to turn to find this information:

Is it worth it to level the following gems (to 20 or a different, specific level, or do they not provide anything of significance for this build:

Immortal Call
Shield Charge
Fortify

Thank you!

You have to keep IC under what CWDT will cast. You want CWDT low so it casts more frequently, and it requires gems to be under a certain level req to cast. Level 1 CWDT has a level req of 38, so you can take IC up to where it requires level 38, but not above without having to also increase the level of CWDT, which increases the damage required to cast.

Shield Charge and Fortify don't matter b/c their levels scale phys damage, which doesn't matter to this build.
"
T__B wrote:
Hi,
can you recommend any of the new items that have been introduced. Some of the shaper/elder items seem pretty powerfull as you can basically craft 6 link items if you get the right mods. Also the new belts seem like a must have since the new jewels are pretty good. So just wanted to know if you would recommend any specific items/mods on the new items in the new league?

The new helmet looks pretty dope tbh, but outside of that I wouldn't personally use any of the other new stuffs tbh.

"
Notashotasu1 wrote:

Immortal Call
Shield Charge
Fortify

Thank you!

Non of them are worth lvling unless you want to.
Immortal Call needs to be within the lvl limitation of CWDT, I would recommend doing that as if you ever play with someone who generates charges for you, your Immortal Call effect will be increased in duration based of your Endurance Charges and Lvl of the gem.

"
bad0men wrote:
Loving the build so far. Trying to explore some shaped/elder items that would be good for this build but seem to be coming up with nothing. Any slots have good pseudo links/rolls for ed/contagion?

Hey,

Awesome to hear that you're enjoying it! :)
I honestly am a bit dissapointed in the lack of DoT augmenting elder/shaper rolls...

"
YT_HB wrote:
"
oedipat wrote:
...no blight setup...

I'm new to this build and just recently started this league. Sorry if I missed it, but how should I have blight setup in this build?

Allelolpathy gloves as shown in the guide :)
They grant you a high LvL Blight ability which gets supported by gems inside the gloves!

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Is it worth going for whispers of doom instead of corruption on the skill tree? And is it worthwhile to get rid of mind over matter once you have cloak of defiance or are the nodes behind it valuable enough
Can I run this build with 150C on abyss Softcore
250c if i sell alot of items
Hey Ghazzy; thanks so much for your hard work and your active posting on this thread! Some newbie questions for you:

What makes Tabula so uniquely good on early-game ED/Cont, other than the 6-link? Is there a particular Vaal corrupt I need to look for?

Why Shield Charge? Is it mostly because the build really makes use of Rathpith Globe, or for the Endurance charges? Before that, is it possible to choose something else such as Leap Slam or Whirling Blades? Otherwise, a wand build might be quite powerful, would it not?

Is it worth levelling Contagion just for Arcane Surge? Should Clarity's level be kept down? Any other gems which should have their level suppressed? I see above that it seems to be Immortal Call, Shield Charge and Fortify?

Is it possible to invest a dash of points into Method to the Madness, or is such an investment of 7 points really not worthwhile?

Sorry for the many questions - I tried looking through the pages of the guide, but it's really overwhelmingly long.

Thanks!
Last edited by XymphosCraK on Dec 16, 2017, 6:41:53 AM
Hello what's abaout jewels? idk what's better 3 spreading rot cobalt jewels or 3 spectrum jewels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info