"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

"
And we need to take into account that it would take some time to get toxic delivery, because deadly infusion is really important, isn't it? So we need some time of mapping to get all the trials for the 4th lab.

Thats correct.

I expect, depending on rng finding trials and mid tier maps, you can have all ascendancy points around lvl 80-85.
This build looks pretty sweet, probably gonna try it as my league starter next league.

Just wondering if we really need Deadly Infusion, Ambush seems like it gets overlooked, and it does a 100% MORE crit chance on full life, so for the first hit, its almost always going to crit. Unstable Infusion seems really, unstable, it does just about nothing, and Deadly Infusion gives you a decent boost, but is it really better than going for Ambush/Assassinate? You can still get power charges without Deadly Infusion.
"
o_osuper wrote:
This build looks pretty sweet, probably gonna try it as my league starter next league.

Just wondering if we really need Deadly Infusion, Ambush seems like it gets overlooked, and it does a 100% MORE crit chance on full life, so for the first hit, its almost always going to crit. Unstable Infusion seems really, unstable, it does just about nothing, and Deadly Infusion gives you a decent boost, but is it really better than going for Ambush/Assassinate? You can still get power charges without Deadly Infusion.

This is a reasonable question.
And i would agree if it bails down to killing trash mobs,because then just 50% chance to crit on bladefall would be enough to get 100% BUT

Considering single target we shouldnt underastimate the amount of hits we do and the resulting posion stacking. more crits higher poison dots =bosses die faster.

So we can make sure to have 95% chance to crit (crit cap) on the first hit with Ambush but tougher bosses will survive that.

Beside that ambush really destroys party play u will miss alot of dps when bosses get instant not on full ife because of someones herald of thunder,golem etc.

Also your own golem and maybe glove enchants will cause some problems.

Unstable infusion is completly useless i agree with that but we had no choice if we want deadly unfusion.
Last edited by EkarPoe on May 27, 2016, 2:21:32 PM
"
xardas149 wrote:

"

To add to this: At the endlevel of the build we will have so much dmg and possible a 7.link, that it is a nobrainer to play with trap cooldown besides crazy stuff like Uber, so the clearspeed should be more then good enough. Binos poison spread will wreck anything non rare in a sec

Im not a big fan of trapcooldown this gems really coudl use a buff imo. But well yeahr i guess we will have so much damage that we can sacrifice it for faster cooldown recovery.

Dunno we really have to wait for patchnotes. This change is so stupid op ( 100% MORE?!!!!??? WTF), there kinda has to be some nerfs waiting xD

I hope not :D

Besides i dont think it will be that hard to compensate for the loss of belly. We can run enfeeble + temp chaisn ( which is kinda...effective life^^) and free poision + the ridicilous buff will free up easy some dmg nodes. Loss of Res maybe meh, but i feel that is the least problem you ever have in POE. Worst case to change the boots to some rares. With 2 defensive curces running i can live with that.

Problem i mostly see here is that if we using the unique chest we need to link inc aoe to our blasphemy curses which increases our mana reservation so much that we cannot throw traps.
But its very important to make sure everything is cursed or we loosing the poison and i dont like to always stand in the middle of packs.

Yeahr i guess we need to go back getting rare boots too

Btw. You should mention wither totem. At your gem setup part you write several times ( + what you want). You should give the hint for wither totem, it will help newer players who stumple about your guide.

Oh your correct i will make a node to that when i got the time thanks for the feedback i rly apreciate it.
Last edited by EkarPoe on May 27, 2016, 2:32:42 PM
"

ambush really destroys party play u will miss alot of dps when bosses get instant not on full ife because of someones herald of thunder,golem etc.

Also your own golem and maybe glove enchants will cause some problems.

Unstable infusion is completly useless i agree with that but we had no choice if we want deadly unfusion.

Ya, that would make problems for it. I usually play solo, but gloves and golem would mess it up.
That being said, I may end up getting it for my first ascendancy just to test it out, and respec if it doesn't work out.

This'll be my first trapper, it looks fun and I can't wait to try it out, 2.3 is too far off.
"
"
xardas149 wrote:

"

Im not a big fan of trapcooldown this gems really coudl use a buff imo. But well yeahr i guess we will have so much damage that we can sacrifice it for faster cooldown recovery.

As i said, that are thougts for the highest level of the build. If you managed to get enough currency and want it basicly as a map clearspeed gem to switch in. Would not expect a buff, they kinda put that to saboteur i guess ( like they always do, don't fix old stuff, just put something new in that fixes it anyways^^)

I hope not :D

Well we have room to work with what nerf would be acceptable. I acutally hope for a little nerf that does not much so the overall high powerlevel is safe for a while^^

Problem i mostly see here is that if we using the unique chest we need to link inc aoe to our blasphemy curses which increases our mana reservation so much that we cannot throw traps.
But its very important to make sure everything is cursed or we loosing the poison and i dont like to always stand in the middle of packs.

Is that really a problem? You just need to be in range that something that gets hit is cursed. The spread of binos should do the work then with the new superbuff. They don't have to be cursed to be spread on or do i undertand something wrong?
Well let say it that way: If that is really a problem then it seems questionable to have fortify linked to WB ;)

Worst comes to worst you just add a second curse to your CwdT Setup and go Aoe+ Blasphemy + Curse

You can get the space for that when you move your bear trap setup back into the shield. I have to be honest with you, i am not a big fan of your Bear link setup. I understand you get the quality bonus for the Bear trap. That is cool and stuff... but really? Well at least it is something that is a possible cut.

A gemsetup could be like ( with cospri ofc)

Chest Bladefall-Trap--Cluster Traps-Conc-Trap and Mine Dmg-Void Manipulation ( You can switch Trap CD for Void for Clearspeed in Maps)
Gloves: CwdT-Imortal-Duration- Second Curse
Boots: Blasphemy->Aoe-Curse-Clarity
Shield: Trap and Mine-Void-Increased Crit ?! ( We get posion anyways from armor)
Weapon: Spelltotem + Wither + Vaal Lighting Trap ( the Duration Support is overkil. You use it for bosses and that's it. We one shot those fuckers, that should be all the duration needed ;) )
Helmet: WB-Faster-Fortify-Golem

Voila, we get to have everything. We don't make perfect use of the second curse, but we use it and we want the armor as a 7.link anyways.
You can use Decoy Totem and Vaal Skellis if you really want instead of the Wither Totem. I was never a big fan of those skellis and i think it is a cute gimick, nothing that is mandatory. I would advice to wither totem and Temp Chaisn as the Blashemy Curse and Enfeeble in the CdwT Setup. With Maim, Wither Totem and Temp Chain Aure about the whole map, mobs don't fucking do anything :D Enfeeble stops the hard hitters better anyways, so it makes sense in the CwdT setup.

Yeahr i guess we need to go back getting rare boots too

Not that big of a loss. Even with "just" a second curse thx to cwdt it should make up for the lost spell dodge.
I watched the skilltree. There is not "that" much good life to get when we lose belly. We could priotize 7% life on jewels instead of tripple dmg jewels to compensate and the the 2 4% notes by Written in Blood. That would be 29% ( kinda a worst roll belly more or less). We could go to Revenge of the Hunted or Melding.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBUIFtQceCNQI9A5IEJIRlha_G-AgbiP2JP0mlSoLLR8wcTB8MjIzeDfUOkI6WD1fQZZHBklRSbFLeEyOTLNNklAwUUdSU1VLVcZW-l3yYeJirGNDZJ1kqmo2akNqjGwIbIxtGW06cFFwUnX9dm97DX6wfyt_xoPbhG-EoonTigaMNo19jb-P-pANkyeVIJUul5WX9JuGnaqio6LZrrOw2LTFtUi3dbxvvOrAVMHzwuzIFNAf0NDQ9dQj1ELXz9hU2YbbXtvn3ajnOudU6KTr9ewY7T_uFe-I7-vw1fD58YryHfLh9W_5N__e

I tuned the skilltree a bit down. That is for 91. Any further points can go into the Wheel of Force Shaper. Or you cut down the Fangs of the Viper way if the Force Shaper Way is more dmg. Or something else on dmg is more cuttable, you have more exp in that then me.
We lost belly (38-40% for good ones and 5% from the bad to go to nulification. it is a good note but withour scalling es it is not good enough with the bad way note)
We can get 21% from jewels and we got another 23 from notes That is 44%, so we made up the lifeloss besides 1% on a perfect belly, we breake +1% on yours for example. Seems fine with me.
I don't think we need Entrophy anymore. It may be cool to level with, but when we have all Asc Points it can go.
As i said, that is for a Cospri Upgrade. Well it could be better when you run Tabula early anyways ^^

Oh your correct i will make a node to that when i got the time thanks for the feedback i rly apreciate it.

Np. As far as i can see you can go wither totem or your vaal skelis + duraton for both vaal skills.
I for sure prefer wither totem and Temp Chain in the blas setup, but everyboday as he likes. Would just make it as 2 options.

Well i guess i planed my build out now at least besides any stupid nerfs.
Last edited by xardas149 on May 27, 2016, 8:25:21 PM
This build is about to get 200% MORE dps in 2.3 with Toxic Delivery changing the way it is. That's going to be ridiculous.
reserved
And what about that change for Cluster traps? How that gonna affect on this build?
"
This build is about to get 200% MORE dps in 2.3 with Toxic Delivery changing the way it is. That's going to be ridiculous.

Yess I am running this to start prophecy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info