"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

"
bondar92 wrote:
I have 2 white diamond ring bases (ilvl 80+ 29-30%crit) and i wonder with wich essence should i craft them.
Since poison is my main damage source should i go with Essence of Delirium (+40% poison damage) craft and roll other stuff for bonus or there is more important stat on rings that i need to focus on with my crafting aka +Maximum Life? Im in struggle right now.

For offense: It is a tossup between crit multiplier and poison (multi is lower on a ring, but adds to a lower base value and applies also to the physical hit)
For defense: life. you always want more life.

If you have enough $ to try a few times: go for the crit-multi or the poison and hope to roll a decent life value as well.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 23, 2016, 4:33:00 PM
"
For offense: crit multiplier will add more dps than poison damage
For defense: life. you always want more life.

Thx alot. now it's time to calculate damn stats.
Thanks for making this truly awesome and fun to play build, i've been playing poe since beta and this build has brought me the most joy out of all the builds i've ever played.

Just did my first ever core malachai kill, i've never succeeded into killing him. He went down like it was a rare mob!

My only concern is the guardians since i believe they are poison immune? Has anyone here tried one yet?
I have one tier 16 laying around, think i will give it a try later today and will post how the fight went.

Thanks once again for the amazing build exile!
Ok i took one of my old trapper character on standard and did two fights.

first was against the chimera and the second one was against the phoenix.

So my only concern was the poison imunity thing going on and i got proofed right.

The normal trash in t16 maps is dead as far as in any other map no difference here.

The chimera is poison imun(same goes for the hydra) and you really can feel it.
His adds tho arent and they died pretty quick but i couldnt manage to kill the chimera after 6 portals used he was still at 1/4 of his life.

Also chilled ground dont help much if hes going in his smoke cloud form ^^

The Phoenix is not poison imun (same goes for the minotaur)

and i only died once (i fucked up and underestimatet the aoe of his explosion skill)

since he wasnt poison imun he died pretty quick.

my conclusion

guardians who are poison imun are a no go

everything else should be fine.

Since the shaper isnt poison imun i gonna try that also ,sooner or later.
Last edited by EkarPoe on Sep 26, 2016, 1:20:26 AM
You can kill every guardian, just killing chimera and hydra is long fight where you have to be maximum focused and that fights took some time because of poison immune/resist. I've tried shaper on ESC and failed. He don't have so much hp, your dps can easy handle it. I failed in second phase, when he start "falling apart' in some small balls, and you have to go under Zana's shield. That small balls 1shot me, and if he throw his big ball in Zana's shield which make circle on the ground which is like 'desecrate' ground, I can't survive that, so I failed. If someone succeed to get Shaper, let us know
Did I miss something? Where is the life regen/leech? I'm currently constantly popping my life potions as I level up, though with -mana jewelry, I have avoided mana potions.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Did I miss something? Where is the life regen/leech? I'm currently constantly popping my life potions as I level up, though with -mana jewelry, I have avoided mana potions.

you cant leech with traps and life reg is not viable.

We are supporting our life regain purley with flask

same with mana just that we got a bit mana reg for longer fights.

it takes your time to get used to it but it gets a second nature behavior quite fast.
"
"
Graiaule wrote:

you cant leech with traps and life reg is not viable.

We are supporting our life regain purley with flask

same with mana just that we got a bit mana reg for longer fights.

it takes your time to get used to it but it gets a second nature behavior quite fast.

Well, there is the 200 life regen you get from Bino's.

Have you considered using The Writhing Jar for bosses? Killing the worms will probably transfer the poison stacks to the boss.

Edit: Also, this may be a stupid question, but is the poison duration refreshed when poison stacks are transferred to a nearby enemy? Or is only the remaining poison duration transferred?
Last edited by mimivirus on Sep 27, 2016, 6:25:16 PM
"

Well, there is the 200 life regen you get from Bino's.

Thats true forgott about that.

Have you considered using The Writhing Jar for bosses? Killing the worms will probably transfer the poison stacks to the boss.
I think its quite hard to manage that since the binos prolif radius is kinda small ergo you need to stand close to the boss while using Writhing jar

Edit: Also, this may be a stupid question, but is the poison duration refreshed when poison stacks are transferred to a nearby enemy? Or is only the remaining poison duration transferred?

First only the highest poison debuff will get proliferated.

and second accordign to wikki

The spreading poison and regeneration are both based on the default Poison duration, not the skill's poison duration, so it'll be a base of two seconds regardless of the skill used.

As far as i understand, that would mean whatever the duration of the highest poison stack was before it got proliferated, will get a 2 sec duration after it got proliferated.

)

Last edited by EkarPoe on Sep 28, 2016, 3:22:15 AM
I've begun a variation of this build! Have you tried using a single Bladefall trap instead of using Cluster Traps? The reason I ask is because I notice sometimes in your videos that not all 4 traps trigger. This seems to happen for smaller mobs and single target. I know you've tried to solve the problem by grabbing trap radius passives, but some traps still don't trigger. Why not replace Cluster Traps with Void Manipulation and swap between Conc Effect/Inc AoE for bosses/mobs? Thanks for the help!
Last edited by mimivirus on Oct 5, 2016, 6:30:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info