"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

"
SearchMyAim wrote:
I tried the build for a week in Standard because I was away from PoE a while and was not confident with Ascendancy classes.
The build was awesome! If it only works half the way it did before I would play it again!
Did reach with near to no effort lvl87 and extrem crappy gear. Still managed to do a deathless Atziri at first try. Mapping was no issue at all, the clear speed was limited by the trap cooldown, but most of the time it didn't hold up for too long. Still very smooth mapping.

I am going to do this build for 2.3 for sure. I want to know how it performs in End-Game and with better gear :)

Great guide, I hope you update it with the 2.3 skill tree :D

Greetings, Alex

Thanks for your feedback.
Great to hear that you got such a positive experience with it.

I will keep this thread updated for prophecy league as soon as i got enough time to play around with the new stuff/changes so definetly stay tuned.
"

you would need a bow to use puncture traps.
poorly i dont see any reliable way to applie bleed atm

Hmm didn't know you needed a bow for the traps, what about a ranged totem? would that work? And would it really be worth it or will we be killing bosses fast enough that it won't really matter?

EDIT: nvm, I looked up on the wiki, says it uses player bow or wand, so most likely it doesn't work.
Last edited by o_osuper on Jun 2, 2016, 2:37:27 PM
Puncture works with daggers (says so in the gem's description, folks, come on!). Bino's is a dagger. Puncture trap will apply bleed perfectly fine.
This build ended up beeing my main character in Perandus league,and I really loved the clearspeed and killing bosses seemed almost too easy at times,I have to say its my favourite build so far and I have played since early beta. I really hope you are planning a future for this build,and I would love to see an update for the new league :)
Last edited by Logic79 on Jun 2, 2016, 5:44:05 PM
For anyone running this build with bear trap: you don't have to have an actual bear trap gem if you're using the shield that grants bear trap. You can put your support gems right into the shield and they'll support the bear trap
I want to start the league with this build, is it possible to run t8 maps without binos? Im hoping to use this char to provide items for other chars but dont believe i can get a binos by level 65
"
Punny_Bunny wrote:
Puncture works with daggers (says so in the gem's description, folks, come on!). Bino's is a dagger. Puncture trap will apply bleed perfectly fine.

no it wont

firstly we need to know we can apply puncture on two ways.
First is melee going to the mob and hit him with a dagger.

Second is bow/wand standing from far and using puncture

Now here are traps comming into play u can support traps with bow skills like burning arrow or iceshot and yes puncture too. But its only possible if you wear a bow since traps are using your weapon. (in this case we using puncture as a bow skill)

Now if we wear a dagger, we are using puncture as a mleee skill and u cant support melee skills with traps.

if we actually run to the mob and attacking with puncture that would work but its not a real solution.
Last edited by EkarPoe on Jun 3, 2016, 3:09:34 AM
"
PathOfExLie wrote:
I want to start the league with this build, is it possible to run t8 maps without binos? Im hoping to use this char to provide items for other chars but dont believe i can get a binos by level 65

Sure its perfectly possible but sooner or later you really want a binos is such a huge quality of life item.

For a rare dagger you are
aiming for for:
1.spell dmg
2.spell crit
3.crit multi
4.added light dmg to spells
Last edited by EkarPoe on Jun 3, 2016, 3:04:34 AM
Does this build have to go Assassin?
Unstable infusion does not work with traps, wasted point.
No way to apply bleed - no Noxious strike - wasted point.
Hi your build seems realy strong i wana try it at new leaguq but 1 question i was play chaos traper ( to much nerf to continue ) and why not saboteur ? does chain reaction wil not make more clear speed ? no force man i youst whana know :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info