"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

So how hard will the support gem Balance hit this build? (Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time)
the build is dead ...
All in one service, master craft and boss service
Master Craft Service in SYNTHESIS SC. My IGN: ephlios
Free Maps/Challenges/Shaper/Breachlords/Guardians/Uberlab/Atziri service
Main and vouch thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975446
[img]https://i.imgur.com/e1OVgsf.gif[/img]
Here we go guys first time we really getting a hit.

we lost the doubble dip mechanic at around 293% trap dmg (depending on jaws of agony roll
and
76 % more trap dmg.

So what does that mean for us?

Well first we should make clear that this only lowers the dot effect dmg.
The inital hit is still the same (and erverything scales of from it) also Area of effect still doubble dips(conc effeckt <3 )

Is it still viable? im pretty sure even before we got toxic delivery (100%more poison dmg) this build went nuts.

But i still consider to tweak the build here and there to make up for the loss

When atlas of world hits i will switch to my old toon on standart at the end of the day and play a little around with it.

So i will report back tomorrow asap but im pretty sure this build is not any close to beeing dead.

So far so hyped we will see us on the new league.

I was thinking - what if we could change Jaws of Agony for spell damage shield? You get life, dmg modifier which scale our initial hit from BF and you can cap resists . what we lose is power charge generation and free bear trap.

Could it possibly equalize the 39% DoT lose?
"
tehregent wrote:
I was thinking - what if we could change Jaws of Agony for spell damage shield? You get life, dmg modifier which scale our initial hit from BF and you can cap resists . what we lose is power charge generation and free bear trap.

well the loss of bear trap wouldnt be that harsh but beside that, this shield alreaddy can give us up to 58% inc damage and high life,the loss of powercharge generation is just to harsh especially when you consider the fact that you can generate powercharges with it before going into a fight.

without jaws the powercharges would be kinda incosistent only with blast cascade,it is possible to bypass that with orb of storms+powercharge on crit but man thats kinda cluncky to play.

Last edited by EkarPoe on Sep 2, 2016, 6:50:46 AM
"
"
tehregent wrote:

well the loss of bear trap wouldnt be that harsh but beside that, this shield alreaddy can give us up to 58% inc damage and high life,the loss of powercharge generation is just to harsh especially when you consider the fact that you can generate powercharges with it before going into a fight.

without jaws the powercharges would be kinda incosistent only with blast cascade,it is possible to bypass that with orb of storms+powercharge on crit but man thats kinda cluncky to play.

Totally agree about clunkiness.

Other option would be swapping a gem for bosses? I don't have idea which for what tho Kappa
And now, after all, do you think this build still can handle all maps and Uber Atziri? Thanks
As for me, I'm pretty sure that build will be able to do any game content, it's just became more in line with other builds (it was totally broken, tbh).

Now I'm considering CI version as we used our chest for Defense anyway and Jaws of Agony isn't so BiS now. Tree looks pretty nice, becuase we're already near all CI nodes.
Ok guys little update.

Managed to kill atziri at level 79 without toxic delivery.

After taht managed to get all trials and finished uber lab so now i ave toxic delivery.

All in all it feels like the nerf mostly hurts in early levels when you have bad gear and not all acendancys.

Since i got tabula and toxic delivery this builds feels like before overall strong oneshotting everything.

My gear still sucks no diamonds rings 20 max life rolls on all jewelery and boots + helm also need to be updated. actually all rares where all selffound till now only bought core items(tabula binos jaws of agony southbound).

But now im doing uber lab service atm to get some cash in wont take long for better rare gear.

I report back as soon i reached high maps (atm stucked at t9-10)

Also uber needs to be tetsed as soon i got belly and better rares.

Stay tuned guys

ps:
My current gear for those who are interrested
Spoiler

I'm doing this build on Essence Softcore, and it totally wrecks. It was feeling pretty rough until I got Bino's and transitioned into Crit nodes. Now I pretty much one shot everything. I cleared uber lab with relative ease, and map bosses (up to like t6) die to one Witchfire + triple trap.

Anyone on the fence about this build in essence, it Totally works and is very fun. As my first trap character I am having a blast with it. The uniques are cheap, it works just fine on a 5L rare chest, and I'm overall very impressed.

Thank you to the build creator for making it! One small change I made is using Shield Charge instead of whirling blades, and it's working well. Plus Witchfire Brew is good.

My gear for anyone interested.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info