[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

First time commenting, but I finally have something worth saying: I found a Voll's Protector that has been great for leveling as it means I keep up power charges without needing the curse on hit setup for LS. It also means that DS against single targets accumulate power charges, which is good for bosses. With Elreon's jewelry and a Wurm's Molt I have no mana problems.
"
twittgenstein wrote:
First time commenting, but I finally have something worth saying: I found a Voll's Protector that has been great for leveling as it means I keep up power charges without needing the curse on hit setup for LS. It also means that DS against single targets accumulate power charges, which is good for bosses. With Elreon's jewelry and a Wurm's Molt I have no mana problems.

Thanks for the feedback!

This season I spec'd into claws early and I felt like I was able to ditch mana potions pretty quickly. The elreon jewelry is killer though if you have that, be it from a friend or if you have a Hideout from a previous character, etc.

Good luck!
"
isgz wrote:
I definetely recommand ruthless over elemental damage with weapons

So your setup is:

DS
MULTISTRIKE
CRIT DAMAGE
RUTHLESS

?
/////bor/////

DS
MS
CRIT DMG
RUTHLESS

/////6L/////

DS
MS
CRIT DMG (added fire for bigger numbers but split damage)
RUTHLESS
MELEE PHYSICAL
MAIM

//////////
https://pastebin.com/3fwdZVhD

My actual version of the build for Path of Building.

Considering the price of Touch of Anguish this league (1.x ex) because of the overall solidity of frost blade builds, I went daggers, using dual Bino's (1-4 chaos each...) with an overall increassed DPS (very small but so cheaper) and compensating the manaleech loss with a %manaleech ring.

Shit stuff atm, alot of improvements possible and level 8x. (Ill probabli make a transition to abyssus+lightning coil when I got the $$)

Next will be Nightstalker then some life and jewel slots skill at 9x
Last edited by isgz on Aug 12, 2017, 1:49:11 PM
Damn dude been following your build and im up to lvl 59, just decided to sit and read through the recent posts and comments and found you have switched it to daggers which i sort of wanted to do throughout the build but liked the utility of the claws.

now i see your updated tree and i want to switch to daggers but my tree is too deep!

Edit : im an idiot just realised it was u/isgz build with daggers, nvm.
Last edited by Jakezillah on Aug 12, 2017, 3:28:05 PM
"
isgz wrote:
https://pastebin.com/3fwdZVhD

My actual version of the build for Path of Building.

Considering the price of Touch of Anguish this league (1.x ex) because of the overall solidity of frost blade builds, I went daggers, using dual Bino's (1-4 chaos each...) with an overall increassed DPS (very small but so cheaper) and compensating the manaleech loss with a %manaleech ring.

Shit stuff atm, alot of improvements possible and level 8x. (Ill probabli make a transition to abyssus+lightning coil when I got the $$)

Next will be Nightstalker then some life and jewel slots skill at 9x

Frost blades fanboys...saw that today since I finally got to mapping. Ended up buying two pretty nice claws for a total of 3C.
What's the actual opportunity if I run that abysses+ 6l coil over bor (considering I have currency for that)? Will I get more damage or survivability ? Abysses makes you take a lot more damage or lc will compensate that? I ll get extra 4 sockets although- what I should use them for?
Last edited by zonda02 on Aug 12, 2017, 4:39:13 PM
Hey, im using your build, but im thinking about daggers, but i dont know too much about theorycraft or have enough knowledge to tell if its going to be good.

Im going to put one more point in dps for the Adder's touch (removing everything related to claw), but i dont know what i should remove to get this one more point, and im afraid to be too squishy, and about the gear, im going to use the same like yours but the weapon, i saw that Bino kitchen's knife uses this passive(Adder's), and its pretty powerful and have good sustain, are there better daggers or combinations or Dual wielding binos is perfect for it? Sorry for asking about dagger when your build is about claws, but i truly like your concept, like yourself i prefer Shadow killing things with small weapons and not shields, magic or huge 2hands.

I hope that GGG buffs Shadow melee builds, i hate to be forced to play magic builds to reach higher endgame with this character.
"
zonda02 wrote:
What's the actual opportunity if I run that abysses+ 6l coil over bor (considering I have currency for that)? Will I get more damage or survivability ? Abysses makes you take a lot more damage or lc will compensate that? I ll get extra 4 sockets although- what I should use them for?

You'd be doing a lot more damage assuming you have a 6L armor.

As for the open 4L setup, you could run a war chief totem (or any totem), another Vaal skill, or just buff other skills that aren't currently linked to anything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info