[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
nabilfares5 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
nabilfares5 wrote:
Hey, im using your build, but im thinking about daggers, but i dont know too much about theorycraft or have enough knowledge to tell if its going to be good.

Im going to put one more point in dps for the Adder's touch (removing everything related to claw), but i dont know what i should remove to get this one more point, and im afraid to be too squishy, and about the gear, im going to use the same like yours but the weapon, i saw that Bino kitchen's knife uses this passive(Adder's), and its pretty powerful and have good sustain, are there better daggers or combinations or Dual wielding binos is perfect for it? Sorry for asking about dagger when your build is about claws, but i truly like your concept, like yourself i prefer Shadow killing things with small weapons and not shields, magic or huge 2hands.

I hope that GGG buffs Shadow melee builds, i hate to be forced to play magic builds to reach higher endgame with this character.

Two Binos would be fine to get you going. Plus the life regen would be a nice touch. You will want to invest in some leech nodes too.

Can you please show me from where i should remove points for those life leechs nodes, thanks for the help.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0FfQX5DHMNjQ5IEJIRLxGWEdUUIBXwFfYWqha_F7AbrSM2I9Mj9iT9JpUqCyzhLlMyMjY9PdE-z0MxRwZHfkp9SotM_02STipQR1FHUdlTEFT-VUtW9VeXWhpbr13yXz9gQWHiYetieWKsY0NjcGVNbIxtbG8nbztwUnBWdO11_XfjeWh6U3rvexR9dX3jhG-E2Yd2idOMNo19lWaVzJfQmhOaapsmnaqi2aOKpn-nNKlurGawkrDYsbO1SLk-vG-9Nr3mvqfAGsCcwQTDM89602_TftRC2HbZhtrB227b1OOE5FHnVOd06NbrY-0_7UHuDu8O8uH2_Plj_MX-uv-T_94=
Last edited by Say_Ten on Aug 15, 2017, 7:02:37 AM
"
MiziWheelie wrote:
OP, can I use this build for Blade Flurry?

yup, just get rid of multistrike
"
zonda02 wrote:
"
isgz wrote:
/////bor/////

DS
MS
CRIT DMG
RUTHLESS

/////6L/////

DS
MS
CRIT DMG (added fire for bigger numbers but split damage)
RUTHLESS
MELEE PHYSICAL
MAIM

//////////

Where do I get the cleave then?(or this is specifically solo target dps setup?) From unique jewel or ms = melee splash?And where is brutality gem that you mentioned earlier for coil setup? It should give more damage then maim or ruthless?

Also if I use brutality will it work with our elemental auras - HoA+Hatred?

Yeah, use Might and Influence (unique jewel)...goes to the right of Ranger start point

MS = Multistrike, sorry

Brutality isn't worth it since you would lose the elemental damage. Seems OP for someone running Starforge though. Keep Ruthless or use another gem as mentioned in the guide.
Good ideas from what I read.

Probably a stupid question but is it possible for this shadow build to be only slightly changed (or maybe not at all?) to work as a buzzsaw build?

I'm only asking because I don't know if I'll enjoy it and I'm gonna get burned out if I level another 2 chars.

Thanks.
Hey,

When I clicked the lvl 100 tree i can't see any points in claws OR dagger. Are you currently working on an updated build or whats going on?
Thank you for the guide.

But I have to say that I use almost Lightning Strike and Dual Strike only for bosses (then i change the gems => LS und Add. fire out and DS and Ruthless in).
Even if I like to do melee, it goes with LS easy and fast to kill Trash.

Can you look at my char ... What can i optimize for LS? The Skill Tree?
I only have 3,5 k live because of my crap rings and amulet :/

thanks for your help

(sorry for the bad english, its partly with google translator :) )
"
Cicida wrote:
Good ideas from what I read.

Probably a stupid question but is it possible for this shadow build to be only slightly changed (or maybe not at all?) to work as a buzzsaw build?

I'm only asking because I don't know if I'll enjoy it and I'm gonna get burned out if I level another 2 chars.

Thanks.

build is a crit-based, physical damage build. due to the new elemental nodes, you could definitely get buzzsaw-ish.

you enjoying it is pretty subjective, but the build is fast and high output for a melee character. not as much so as a glass cannon crit ranged character, but thats the tradeoff. defense for a little more offense.
"
Noltch wrote:
Hey,

When I clicked the lvl 100 tree i can't see any points in claws OR dagger. Are you currently working on an updated build or whats going on?

It's like that because you don't have to spec into a specific weapon type until the very end. There are plenty of generic 1H damage nodes and life and all that good stuff to get along the way.

Check the "sample high level tree" section and/or my character's passive tree

Also check the FAQ for a dagger tree
"
Willsen123 wrote:
Thank you for the guide.

But I have to say that I use almost Lightning Strike and Dual Strike only for bosses (then i change the gems => LS und Add. fire out and DS and Ruthless in).
Even if I like to do melee, it goes with LS easy and fast to kill Trash.

Can you look at my char ... What can i optimize for LS? The Skill Tree?
I only have 3,5 k live because of my crap rings and amulet :/

thanks for your help

(sorry for the bad english, its partly with google translator :) )

you have to click on your account name at the top of the screen, then click privacy options and uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"...then i can see what you're working with

as far as buffing LS, there are projectile damage nodes and pierce nodes that would be effective
Hi, I'm deciding between this build and the MoM Essence drain & Contagion Trickster for Harbinger/HC League.

Which build should I take between the two and why? I'm finding it difficult to discern which would be better as I'm a new player and have only played Marauder so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info