[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

I'm running a similar build to PHC but the idea is Blast Rains + Cold Snap to to explode everything lol
So, did you consider Cold Snap instead Glacial Cascade?
Because, correct me if I'm wrong, each projectile from Blast Rain can trigger one Cold Snap so there wouldn't be need for Increase Area.
But, I like very much you job with this build, really good and this question is just to gathering some info.
"
Dhula wrote:
Anyway, also wanted to ask why so much chaos damage on nods ?

We convert 10% of physical damage to chaos via assassin ascendancy. Plus we frequently use atziri's promise flask to convert further 25% of physical and 15% of elemental damage to chaos. So we start with the shadow's 10% physical and 10% chaos damage nodes instead of elemental ones. This is a mainly physical damage oriented build since the most of the damage is coming from bladefall.
"
CypressLB wrote:
Hey Mothren, love the build. I might have an update with a question or two but I just wanted to let you know we appreciate it.

*edit

Thoughts on Carcass Jack for chest piece? It seems like enough survivability even with the health loss, but it seems like it would be a large damage increase to your attack and BF+GC.

In Perandus League, Cadiro sold me a belly of the beast while leveling (@level 50). So I went with that, and since the damage was fine I didn't replace it.

In this game, you either get one-shot or die in under 1 second with fast multiple hits. Therefore I prefer to have a beefy HP pool.

If I can get to level 92 and record this gorge run I have been talking about in the build (under 1:30 possibly), you will see that both the AoE and the damage is more than enough even with the haste aura instead of hatred. Improving damage is unnecessary. For more fun, sure, you can use any chestpiece you like.
"
dHsn wrote:
I'm running a similar build to PHC but the idea is Blast Rains + Cold Snap to to explode everything lol
So, did you consider Cold Snap instead Glacial Cascade?
Because, correct me if I'm wrong, each projectile from Blast Rain can trigger one Cold Snap so there wouldn't be need for Increase Area.
But, I like very much you job with this build, really good and this question is just to gathering some info.

Way to go, running something like this in PHC :)

Cold snap is definitely doable, but how do you deal with the power charge loss may I ask? Power charges and the crit coming from that is a core part of the build, losing them and then regenerating them seems like such a chore for me. Plus I built the build on physical spells, so going for a cold-only spell didn't seem like the best choice for me. Clearspeed is already nuts.

Looking forward to your explanation/ideas! :)
ty for explanation about the chaos damage, i take the Faster Atack nods, but il change em later.
As an idea, how about using "Alpha's Howl Sinner Tricorne" i really dont know how much it will give us mana and if we can run another aura. Just leveling yet.

Update - Insted of toxic delivery , take ambush. This way we get 100% crit + 40% multi on first hit and that means almost instant use of our skills. Its just painful to see this "damage over time" get waisted. Adding poison to build... dont know. So its like poison + toxic delivery, or ambush + redo nods from chaos damage to faster atack and more physical damage. Any ideas ?
Last edited by Dhula on Apr 7, 2016, 9:21:26 PM
I'm doing really fine with this build using tabula chest and still got 4k+ hp and yes, insane damage which is more enough to deal with the T10+ map.
For T6 boss and below I just blast rain it 2 or 3 times to kill the boss.
For T7 to T10 bosses are more danger, but i simply just find the space and blast rain it less than 10 times to get it kill.
I just came here to say this build works great for me, thanks to Mothren for the build.

Keep your good work up bro and please add more video of the gameplay on higher level maps or Atziri because it's really satisfying to watch how this freakin' AoE skill simply wipe out packs with one hit haha;)
"
Dhula wrote:
ty for explanation about the chaos damage, i take the Faster Atack nods, but il change em later.
As an idea, how about using "Alpha's Howl Sinner Tricorne" i really dont know how much it will give us mana and if we can run another aura. Just leveling yet.

Update - Insted of toxic delivery , take ambush. This way we get 100% crit + 40% multi on first hit and that means almost instant use of our skills. Its just painful to see this "damage over time" get waisted. Adding poison to build... dont know. So its like poison + toxic delivery, or ambush + redo nods from chaos damage to faster atack and more physical damage. Any ideas ?

I did definitely not tweak the auras that much because I think the build is enough in its current state. Therefore I think alpha's howl will be too much HP loss to safely play T12+ maps.

The assassin node I took gives 10% physical damage added as chaos damage and chaos resistant enemies are rare in path of exile. Its a significant damage boost. Plus that node also gives 10% reduced damage taken from damage over time, which includes desecrated ground, bleed effects and poison effects. In high tier maps, if you notice them 1 second late, a 20 stack corrupted blood bleed can kill you pretty fast. This node helps significantly with that too.

With 95% critical strike chance with power charges up, we are critting everything anyway, so its really unnecessary to get 100% more crit chance on full health monsters.
"
dethkae wrote:
I'm doing really fine with this build using tabula chest and still got 4k+ hp and yes, insane damage which is more enough to deal with the T10+ map.
For T6 boss and below I just blast rain it 2 or 3 times to kill the boss.
For T7 to T10 bosses are more danger, but i simply just find the space and blast rain it less than 10 times to get it kill.
I just came here to say this build works great for me, thanks to Mothren for the build.

Keep your good work up bro and please add more video of the gameplay on higher level maps or Atziri because it's really satisfying to watch how this freakin' AoE skill simply wipe out packs with one hit haha;)

First of all, thanks mate!

You can swap to a 5link Belly of the Beast and you will feel less danger with 5.5k+ HP. Clearspeed is almost the same. For bosses, you can do a mirror arrow and blink arrow backwards and blast the boss in 3-4 blast rains while your clones distract the boss. Never got any problem with any of the bosses in that tiers :)

As soon as I get to 92, I'll both do the gorge speedrun and atziri. For higher tier maps I'll also post an example video soon afterwards. Real life intervened a bit these days, so its keeping me from recording. Glad you enjoy the build!
If i were to replace my tabula rasa with a 5L Belly of the beast, what gem should i drop?
"
Firaan wrote:
If i were to replace my tabula rasa with a 5L Belly of the beast, what gem should i drop?

Drop Arc ofc.

5link should be BR - CoC - Bladefall - Glacial Cascade - Controlled Destruction
"
Way to go, running something like this in PHC :)

Cold snap is definitely doable, but how do you deal with the power charge loss may I ask? Power charges and the crit coming from that is a core part of the build, losing them and then regenerating them seems like such a chore for me. Plus I built the build on physical spells, so going for a cold-only spell didn't seem like the best choice for me. Clearspeed is already nuts.

Looking forward to your explanation/ideas! :)

So, I'm running one set with cold snap and another one with blade fall.
The first shot freeze/break and the second finish the job.
I did choose cold snap over glacial cascade because some maps have some gaps where glacial cascade doesn't pass through since the skill starts from the exile and I really like when cold snap falls and insta kill everything lol.
My cold snap set have the duty to slow down some fast mobs and maintain power charges.
So my choose for for cold snap over glacial is more about utility because there is nothing in the map that can stop the skill to hit the mobs and works to slow them down. But soon as I get all gear I need and max lvl gems, I think glacial can deal more damage and I can use it on bosses where the fighting spot has no gaps.

The gear I'm running on standard but the gems are wrong in the bow.

EDIT: I made a HUGE mistake here lol
The last time I did use Glacial Cascade was in my first year playing this game (long time ago - Glacial Cascade + Spell echo build) and back there, Glacial Cascade, as I remember, didn't pass over gaps.

Last edited by dHsn on Apr 14, 2016, 1:50:14 PM
where are you getting your mana and life from
"
rossidis wrote:
where are you getting your mana and life from

Life, if you mean life leech, comes from blasphemy supported warlord's mark.
This also grants mana leech. Though we sustain mana with a +2 mana gain on hit jewel. You only need 1 of those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info