[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

Hi there! It's my first try of a Mjolner build and I'm having a realy good time with your's:) But I've gotta a question about Ascandancy passive. I can't see Pursuit of Faith a usefull passive for this build so I'm looking forward to take Divine Guidence. And here is my question about some mechanics. If I wear 2 corrupted rings with 10% mana gain when hit in total would it compensate that 10% mana loose when hit from Divine Guidence? I don't have much currency atm to try it out but it would make this build more tanky :P
Last edited by intermission140 on Apr 4, 2016, 9:20:53 AM
"
Hi there! It's my first try of a Mjolner build and I'm having a realy good time with your's:) But I've gotta a question about Ascandancy passive. I can't see Pursuit of Faith a usefull passive for this build so I'm looking forward to take Divine Guidence. And here is my question about some mechanics. If I wear 2 corrupted rings with 10% mana gain when hit in total would it compensate that 10% mana loose when hit from Divine Guidence? I don't have much currency atm to try it out but it would make this build more tanky :P

Hi, I'am glad you're having a good time!

Pursuit of Faith is actually more useful then it looks: "4% damage by you or your totems recently".

This buff stacks and it's not unusual to see like 20-30 stacks (lots of damage).

You don't want to lose mana over life when taking damage, since your attacks might stop if you go to 0 mana from taking hits, resulting in your being unable to perform attacks. Not sure if two corrupted rings would help, but you have so little mana that the additional buffer it provides won't make much difference regarding your mitigation.

just started playing this game again and respecced to this and also spent all my currency to buy the gears. it's pretty great except my computer is horrible... so i can't reach full potential. i love it
Thx for sharing this cool build.
I switched to Mjölner yesterday and its just awesome :D

I spent:
95c for chest
35c for Mjölner
7c for shield
31c for Astramentis
12c for Repentance
7c for other stuff

so I spent ~ 2,6 exa for this:

Spoiler

Have not bought any Jewels by now.

How do you guys manage your chaos resistance?
"
elbramso wrote:
Thx for sharing this cool build.
I switched to Mjölner yesterday and its just awesome :D

I spent:
95c for chest
35c for Mjölner
7c for shield
31c for Astramentis
12c for Repentance
7c for other stuff

so I spent ~ 2,6 exa for this:

Spoiler

Have not bought any Jewels by now.

How do you guys manage your chaos resistance?

I haven't seen a need for dealing with chaos resistance. Perhaps keep an Amethyst flask in your inventory that you can swap to. I wouldn't bother with it though!
Added a section for other builds (with video) in the main post. Let me know if you would like a guide. This section currently only contains one video:

Tier 12 Overgrown Ruins - Penta-curse, quad-aura Ocultist with ice-nova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK9Jy4MPxh0
Last edited by DaEagle on Apr 10, 2016, 7:07:55 AM
Question:

How do you run 3 curses (most of your mana is reserved) and still have enough mana to cast lightning strike?
Last edited by Yevgenii on Apr 11, 2016, 12:38:16 AM
"
Yevgenii wrote:
Question:

How do you run 3 curses (most of your mana is reserved) and still have enough mana to cast lightning strike?

there are some "reduce mana reserved" and "increased maximum mana" nodes chosen in this tree.

with 3 curses up, I have 67 mana and a molten strike costs 27 mana.

btw. has some of you already tested the following setup in Mjölner:
Discharge, Increased area effect, Controlled Destruction

I do want to clear the screen with Discharge alone ;D
"
elbramso wrote:
"
Yevgenii wrote:
Question:

there are some "reduce mana reserved" and "increased maximum mana" nodes chosen in this tree.

with 3 curses up, I have 67 mana and a molten strike costs 27 mana.

btw. has some of you already tested the following setup in Mjölner:
Discharge, Increased area effect, Controlled Destruction

I do want to clear the screen with Discharge alone ;D

Yeah with the tree there should be no mana-problems.

I have tried discharge, life leech, controlled destruction. It results in more single-target dps but a bit slower clear-speed of big groups.

If you sacrifice life leech then you would have to replace one of the curses in favour of warlord's mark: temporal-chains/enfeeble/elemental weakness. You will also be unable to leech life from curse-immune monsters.

If you replace elemental weakness the DPS will probably go down a lot (not worth it and kinda counterfeit's your idea). So you will have to replace teporal-chains or enfeeble.
Great build i play this build for fun:P Best setup for me:

Good survi,and good DPS:)
Last edited by armanii84 on Apr 11, 2016, 2:43:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info