[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Just a quick note: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Scourge
This is a new way to scale the abyssal cry damage. However it would result in a completly different build and playstyle.
Last edited by Neydu on Sep 6, 2016, 4:11:51 AM
Finished redesigning the Abyssal Cry build to shine in 2.5 Breach. Found it really smooth to play so far. Build is now pure evasion based: 5.7K life, 77% estimated chance to evade attacks, 66% chance to dodge, 66% chance to dodge spells, Enfeeble, Arctic Armour, Fortify. Single target DPS is now 200K without taking Blade Flurry release burst into account. Its likely 300k to 400k with that.
This is probably a dumb question but i just ripped my character and now i have not much currency left.
So i knew that Evasion based Characters are cheap because, they dont´seem to be so appreciated in HC.
My question is, is this build HC viable ? More specifically is the HP enough to survive big hits that
will come through every once in a while ? And if not where would you tweak the tree to get more life.

I´m gonna try the build regardless since i already pumped the rest of my remaining currency into it
and i always wanted to try out Berserker with the Warcry Ascendancy.
Thx in advance. ( IF the answer was written somehwere in the guide or thread i apologize,
I just went over it quickly and then started levelling).
Thats difficult for me to say, because I only play SC. With my level of gear the survivability is quite amazing though, I haven't died in a long time and will hit 92 soon. For example; yesterday I did a double beyond shaped Courtyard map, that spawned almost every beyond boss, without coming close to dying. I also cleared all breach lords (not chayula, working towards getting the shards) without dying. Things I am most likely to die to are DoT effects from Spells/Attacks or Strongbox traps, because those are not mitigated by the 66% spell dodge. It does require high level of gear to do the High end content safely, but I never had problems in yellow tier maps or below (while I was still acquiring the desired gear pieces).

I would adjust the tree slightly. I would probably drop the Berserking and Method to Madness wheels to free up points to grab the Hired Killer and the two life nodes in the Written in Blood wheel. This would put your increased Maximum Life to 222% without jewels (from 200%). Vaal Pact is actually also debatable in this build, because the initial hits don't deal that much damage (only about 20% of you DPS), so the leech isn't that amazing.
Hi Baelrog and thanks a lot for your build!
Im new to the game, building my first character as Whispering Ice CI, and I find to stay in place and cast AOE a bit boring.

I am really interested in your build, could you let me know what jewels to use on the skill tree?

Also, Kripparian released a video a couple of days ago, and if I am not mistaking, his character seems quite inspired by your build.
Here is below the link, his passive tree is a bit different.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Krippers/characters
https://youtu.be/p9ZJtDxUe8w?list=PL3kmT1mmaRnFSYHFO4GXBnk_SMxqnDzsI
Last edited by karatakor on Jan 12, 2017, 5:58:43 AM
Baelrog
Strength 162
Dex 264
Intel 74
Jewels 5
Chaos Damage 201

Kripparian
Strength 332
Dex 174
Intel 74
Jewels 9
Chaos Damage 74

Keystones Baelrog Vaal Pact (life Leech) Acrobatics (Dodge, less armor and block)
Keystones Kripparian Resolute Technique (Hit can't be evaded, not crit)

Defenses???
Last edited by karatakor on Jan 12, 2017, 9:32:23 AM
What it boils down to is that his version is a lot more budget friendly, but in the end has a lot lower effective HP. His actual life is higher, but my version has 65000 evasion, corresponding to 77% estimated chance to evade, which is actually higher because it takes monster level into calculation and equals this to your character level, but there are no monsters in the game at level 92. This is further amplified by Enfeeble curse, due it lowering monster accuracy. The high evasion also scales the damage because of dreamfeather. In addition, my build has 69% chance to dodge attacks and 66% chance to dodge spells. Both are capped (75%) when you activate vaal grace. If you combine this all with blind (50% miss chance) your chance of being hit is around 2%.

Besides the small chance of being hit incoming damage is reduced by Enfeeble (-30%), Arctic Armour -13% and Fortify (-20%).

I don't use resolute technique, but Kripp does. He doesn't use Acrobatics, but I do.
Overall i like your version of the build more than Kripp's. Will try and post results. Thanks.
Also, if i could only afford a 5-link, what support gem would you ditch?
Looking forward to hear your experience with it. On a five-link you would drop faster attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info