[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

First of all, thank you very much for this build. I haven't played PoE since beta (maybe a bit after), and I've just come back to it a month ago and your guide was basically the first build I played seriously. I had loads of fun with it :)

Now, despite your advice, I wanted to give it a shot in the new league. Half way through leveling I wanted to check out the skill tree and see if I could poke around for a bit :) I managed to come up with this:

www.poeurl.com/8pq

Can I get your opinion on these modifications?

I know I'm nowhere near qualified enough to make guides or modify them, but I really thought this was interesting at least and I wanted to see if there was something I'm missing. Graceful Assault and the 70% inc DoT seem very nice for this build :)

Once again, thanks for the build and I'm looking forward to hearing your input ^_^
Hey there! Sure, no problem, I'll take I look. I'm currently trying to figure out how much the changes have affected the build, playing around with the tree, and considering if its still worth it. Thats why I took down the guide, its just no longer accurate and might be misleading.

First of all, I do want to encourage you to do exactly what you did; play around with the tree and try to tinker, its the best way to learn about the game and develop insight. Besides, although I have a good grasp of the game mechanics, I'm by no means all knowing. So its nice to have an open discussion.

I looked at the tree and its not bad. However, I do have some comments for you to consider. First of all, the modification had let to a decrease in +% maximum life, from ~200% to 180%. This is very risky on such a heavy evasion build because it increases your chances of being one shot and makes your more vulnerable to DoT effects.

Second, you lost the increased duration nodes, which I think is a bad idea. The duration nodes are both offensive and defensive. Offensive by increasing poison duration, allowing you to stack more poison DoT's on an enemy. Defensive because it increases the duration of Vaal Grace, which is incredible because it caps dodge and spell dodge. Keep in mind that each point add more effective HP (value) as you come closer to the cap. Losing the en route duration nodes and picking up the DoT nodes actually lowers your DPS potential. I checked it with math; my breach version would lose about 90k poison DPS from this change.

Regarding The Graceful Assault. Its a nice node for sure, but I think it requires to many travel nodes to get there, same goes for the life wheel. You spend 2 nodes to get the 4 life nodes, giving an average of 4.4% increased, while you have 5% ones just within reach. Also, you really don't need the Onslaught, because attack speed and clear speed are already high and thus wont benefit from it much. The Onslaught would be most useful during boss fight, but then it wont be active.

I hope this gives you some food for thought. If you want more feedback, feel free to ask.
Wow, plenty of food for thought indeed :D I never looked at the inc duration as being defensive, as well as offensive. That makes a whole lot of sense :)

Thank you very much for having the patience to go through the build as thoroughly as you did. It definitely helped me see the mistakes in my process of thinking, but don't worry, I won't stop tinkering :)

I'll be waiting patiently for the updated build, if you decide to post it :)

Good luck in the new league!
Hi!
any changes, updates here?
currently doing abysal-cry build similiar to kripp, with hidden potential jewel, it feels ok for me
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Hey, Baelrog. Tell me please, what gem shoud be 6th in my chest, when i use BF - Void manipulation - AOE/Conc - Added Chaos Dmg - Poison Support. Thanks!
yo put the build back up
Just wondering, any ETA on your updated build? :)
Sorry guys. I suddenly had some major changes in RL, such as a great job opportunity that demanded a majority of my time (running two jobs at the moment). Also my PC brokedown and I had to buy a new one, had almost no time to play or do anything PoE related really. Hopefully, I'll be able to play a bit more in the new league soon and update the guide.
Congrats on the new job!

Any chance you could archive the old version of the guide some place? I've been using it as a base for my current character.

Thanks for the informative, in-depth guides!
@LordLothric: Thanks! Yeah sure, fair enough. Still haven't really gotten the opportunity to work on it properly, but I guess the basics are still useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info