[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

After a while of thinking and changing up skills I ended up having to add Blood Magic to my Abyssal Cry which turned out to be amazing but I'm not sure how? My Abyssal Cry is now completely free? Tooltip says it'll cost 250 health but every time I cast the warcry it takes 0 health?

What am I missing here? How is the warcry now completely free?
I forgot to mention this in my guide (will add), but its best to keep abyssal cry at level 1 so it costs way less mana, 58 to be exact (4-linked). You can do this because the damage does not increase while with gem level, only the slow effect will, which isn't worth the mana increase. With the "War Bringer" beserker node, the use of a Warcry gives you 10% max life and mana on use, effectively making it free. This is also the reason why it seems to be free in your case, you gain more life from the use than it costs.
Last edited by Baelrog on Mar 21, 2016, 6:52:13 PM
"
Ninami wrote:
After a while of thinking and changing up skills I ended up having to add Blood Magic to my Abyssal Cry which turned out to be amazing but I'm not sure how? My Abyssal Cry is now completely free? Tooltip says it'll cost 250 health but every time I cast the warcry it takes 0 health?

What am I missing here? How is the warcry now completely free?

War Bringer: Recover 10% of Life and Mana when you use a warcry.
Your mana pool was small enough that the mana recovery didn't surpass the cost. Your life pool is big enough that the recovery does surpass the cost.
Granite or jade flask?
The idea sounds interesting and I definitely would like to see it in action.
With OBS (Open Broadcast Software) it is not only supremely easy to stream games to Twitch, it also is no work at all to record a game video - doesn't require much setting up and it is free. So if you want to give it a try, I'd be glad to watch a video of your build.

Thanks for your build idea!
Hi, thinking about trying something like this for the 2 week race. How is the leveling? How is the clear speed of maps?
"
IRID1UM wrote:
The idea sounds interesting and I definitely would like to see it in action.
With OBS (Open Broadcast Software) it is not only supremely easy to stream games to Twitch

Thanks, I will check it out. I have some time to pass before the two week starts anyway, maybe I can record something before it goes life. My PC is not the newest though, so I kind of assumed that it would result in poor quality video. We will see.

"
Hi, thinking about trying something like this for the 2 week race. How is the leveling? How is the clear speed of maps?

If you know what your doing you can level at a decent pace. Its still melee though. Some tips: Level with Sweep/Leap Slam/Molten Strike until 28, after which I recommend switching to Earthquake. I temporarily picked up the Butchery nodes as well and specced out of those when I got a decent one-handed mace. Clear speed of maps, especially for a melee build is excellent. Callinellus Malleus is an effective and cheap weapon to pick up at level 66.
Last edited by Baelrog on May 6, 2016, 3:01:15 PM
"
Baelrog wrote:

If you know what your doing you can level at a decent pace. Its still melee though. Some tips: Level with Sweep/Leap Slam/Molten Strike until 28, after which I recommend switching to Earthquake. I temporarily picked up the Butchery nodes as well and specced out of those when I got a decent one-handed mace. Clear speed of maps, especially for a melee build is excellent. Callinellus Malleus is an effective and cheap weapon to pick up at level 66.

Thanks for the quick response, how do you deal with the Perandus packs? just EQ them down? I still haven't made up my mind to go AC, was worried about dealing with Invasion reflect and Beyond bosses.
Video up! You can see for yourself. Vaal Cyclone is great for dealing with Perandus packs. They never really gave me issues. EQ works fine as well, but Vaal Cyclone is just a lot of fun to use as. Sometimes you can combo nicely by first casting a few abyssal cry's and then start cycloning. Everything will be pulled on top of each other, resulting in quite a deadly chain reaction.
Nice guide!
I was thinking about using a Obliteration+shield and play with KB or a midranged spell with high dps (Freezing Pulse or EK, or BV), to increase the life explosion. Or dual Obliteration.
What do you think about it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info