[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Your tooltip is meaningless because it doesn't take the blade flurry mechanics nor poison damage into account. For example, my average damage for BF is currently 5150 (4 frenzy and flasks up), with 0.15 attack time, which in a simple world would mean ~34300 DPS. But Blade Flurry deals 20% More damage per stage, so during channeling your DPS goes up to about 113K. As soon as you release, you attack an additional time for each stage you have, meaning you deal 6 times you damage in one attack. So, calculating for blade flurry DPS isn't that easy and the practical DPS strongly depends on how you time the release. Regarding the Poison, currently 61% of my DPS comes from poison and this will not be displayed on any tooltip.

Aspect of Carnage is a huge part of your damage because it double dips. If I would remove Aspect of Carnage my calculated DPS would drop from 295K (value after updating my stats) to 173K. Evasion also scales your damage, so if its significantly lower it will hurt both DPS and EHP. If I fill in your 2K average damage and remove Aspect of Carnage, the DPS drops down to 80K, in other words less than one forth of what I have now.

In my case the breach lords (except for Chayula) die within a couple of seconds, and I'm not exaggerating here. Put down Wither Totem, activate Vaal Grace and facetank them until they die. Tul doesn't even have the chance to use his blizzard cone attack. These are without Vaal Breach, because it doesn't work in breach domains.

But leech isnt the greatest, that is true. This is because your leech is based of your actual attack DPS and that isnt that high. So, Vaal Pact becomes only worth it when your gear and character level become quite high.

I hope this helps you understand why your character probably doesn't reach your expectations, yet.
Last edited by Baelrog on Feb 9, 2017, 9:18:26 AM
All right, I'll keep that in mind.

My version of the build is based less on this build and more on Kripp's version; however, yours has the more complete guide, and Dream Feather was considerably better than just about any other weapon I've seen (including a 300pdps claw I found, although now I'm worried I just calculated it all wrong). When I get home I'll post my more complete stats, and see if I can find out what my actual DPS is.

I had to dance with Xoph for the better part of a minute before he finally died. I really doubt my DPS is even close to 80k.

And then there's calculating poison... Take damage times 0.08, then multiply that number by the extra damage from my poison gem and my void manipulation gem, then multiply that by 2 times any mods for increased duration...

...G'damn. This is a complicated mess.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
If you based it more on kripps build I can't really evaluate the problems your describing. So, it might be due to other factors as well.

MS Excel is great for doing these sort of calculations in an ordered fashion. Its important to have a good handling on the game mechanics to know which increase's and more's apply where, but if you have that down it is quite doable (and insightful).
Last edited by Baelrog on Feb 9, 2017, 9:27:40 AM
"
build
If you release exactly every 6 attacks, Blade Flurry does 3.5x your listed tooltip per attack on average. If you consistently release somewhere between 4-8, then it's closer to 3x tooltip per attack. Then you divide by your attack time, and that's your hit damage.

so for 2k per hit, .22s per attack, that's 27k hit dps. Then you've got poison, and I have no idea what multipliers you might have there so I can't even estimate it. Your character page is private btw.

Kripp's tooltip was 5.4k with attack time of .12, giving him a 6-attack-then-release hit dps of about 150k. Counting poison damage, against enemies with 20% chaos res, Path of Building puts his dps at around 800k. I dunno what you're doing differently, but it sounds like you're nowhere near that number.

Dreamfeather does not work well with Kripp's version btw; it's unique and not rare, and it requires an amount of eva that you can't get with pure magic items (for Hidden Potential). Kripp used a magic Gemini claw with flat added chaos and %attack speed iirc.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Feb 10, 2017, 11:27:07 PM
"
"
build
If you release exactly every 6 attacks, Blade Flurry does 3.5x your listed tooltip per attack on average. If you consistently release somewhere between 4-8, then it's closer to 3x tooltip per attack. Then you divide by your attack time, and that's your hit damage.

so for 2k per hit, .22s per attack, that's 27k hit dps. Then you've got poison, and I have no idea what multipliers you might have there so I can't even estimate it. Your character page is private btw.

Kripp's tooltip was 5.4k with attack time of .12, giving him a 6-attack-then-release hit dps of about 150k. Counting poison damage, against enemies with 20% chaos res, Path of Building puts his dps at around 800k. I dunno what you're doing differently, but it sounds like you're nowhere near that number.

Dreamfeather does not work well with Kripp's version btw; it's unique and not rare, and it requires an amount of eva that you can't get with pure magic items (for Hidden Potential). Kripp used a magic Gemini claw with flat added chaos and %attack speed iirc.

See, here's where I'm getting confused - I actually tried out a 300pdps claw (considerably more powerful than anything but the very best chaos claws in terms of raw damage, and certainly more than enough to make up that 25% from Hidden Potential), and found that my DPS went down. So Dreamfeather is definitely not awful.

And now that I know how to unhide that... I'd definitely appreciate it if someone more experienced took a look. :)

Replacing Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated effect in my Blade Flurry setup definitely made a huge difference, I'll say that much.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
"
See, here's where I'm getting confused - I actually tried out a 300pdps claw (considerably more powerful than anything but the very best chaos claws in terms of raw damage, and certainly more than enough to make up that 25% from Hidden Potential), and found that my DPS went down. So Dreamfeather is definitely not awful.

And now that I know how to unhide that... I'd definitely appreciate it if someone more experienced took a look. :)

Replacing Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated effect in my Blade Flurry setup definitely made a huge difference, I'll say that much.
Oh, I forgot that he had conc effect slotted. So your hit damage isn't actually all that different.

I think your jewels are what's holding you back. You've got a bunch of jewels with melee damage or phys damage mods. Kripp's jewels are all area, chaos, or plain %inc damage. You want to be buffing the chaos damage, and you want to use double-dipping damage modifiers. Basically, you want all your jewels to look like your Armageddon Joy jewel. Kripp also has 100% inc attack speed over you, and it all comes from jewels.

OHHHHHHHHHH you haven't done uber lab. Okay. Well that's why kripp's doing twice as much damage as you, then. You haven't taken the double-dipping 40% More multiplier. Yep, that would do it. I spent like 15 minutes looking back and forth between your characters lol, because it didn't look like your damage should be so different. Well yeah, then. Go do uber lab and you shouldn't have any damage problems after that. Upgrading the jewels (especially attack speed) will help after that.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I will do Uber Lab as soon as I find that last damn trial (lingering pain). :D
That sounds about right. Your actually DPS is quite situational, because the 300K DPS I'm talking about in my guide is only after a 1 second burst. Sort of the least favorable situation. Because of the duration nodes and Breath of the Counsel, the poison duration is increased to 4 seconds. This means that as you keep channeling and releasing Blade Flurry for up to 4 seconds, more poison stacks will accumulate and the DPS will go up from 300K (1st sec) > 480K (2nd sec) > 660K (3rd sec) > 850K (4th sec).
Last edited by Baelrog on Feb 11, 2017, 9:49:30 AM
Hi, what's your thoughts on 'The Consuming Dark' and Herald of Ash(?) in off-hand for leveling/before final gear?

obv. it wont scale super good but it frees you from using poison gems?

"
60% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
(40-60)% increased Spell Damage
+(20-40) to Intelligence
30% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
Your Chaos Damage Poisons Enemies
Last edited by Juan_Joya on Feb 12, 2017, 1:09:18 PM
I wouldn't use it because it would alternate with you main-hand while channeling Blade Flurry, and doesn't have good damage. You don't really need an additional link for Abyssal Cry either, because there aren't really any gems I can think of that would actually have a big impact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info