[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
wPedr0 wrote:
LVL 88, HELP RECOMMENDATIONS?

Level 88 hardcore? Doesn't sound like you need much help!

I'd want a fair amount more life on gear though, I have a lot more, in softcore and I still feel like I want more!
A better roll varunastra would be nice too - that's a fairly low one (Low enough that a divine might be worth a try, unlikely to get worse)

My gear for comparison (Softcore, so easier to get, and my 4th char of the league)

"
wPedr0 wrote:
LVL 88, HELP RECOMMENDATIONS?

Both rings, boots and gloves have awfully low life values, and almost no strength to compensate. I wouldn't dare to leave home to a 10+ map with these on softcore - just throw alcs on white rings you find, and rummage your stash for better shoes / gloves. There should be some in it, 70-80 liferolls are not that uncommon. Sacrify a little bit of damage if neccessary, or 1 or 2 points on resistance at the tree / a resistance jewel or 2.

Last edited by Llyrain on May 11, 2016, 10:19:29 AM
I'm doing this build now at level 84ish and I am not fully sold on the ES part, I mean I like it when I block it is a lot of defensives but there are soo many mobs and mods that do chaos damage and it eats through the ES so fast, so my question, and I know its a noobish one but
Is there a way to just go full armour and not bother with the shield and the ES part, get rid of the melee dmg on full hp gem, or would you lose all of your defensives and dmg on that?
Or if I have to just get more ES currently at about 1k
Last edited by Chridian on May 12, 2016, 2:37:41 PM
"
Chridian wrote:
I'm doing this build now at level 84ish and I am not fully sold on the ES part, I mean I like it when I block it is a lot of defensives but there are soo many mobs and mods that do chaos damage and it eats through the ES so fast, so my question, and I know its a noobish one but
Is there a way to just go full armour and not bother with the shield and the ES part, get rid of the melee dmg on full hp gem, or would you lose all of your defensives and dmg on that?
Or if I have to just get more ES currently at about 1k

you just need around 500 ES, its only there to get the es on block with aegis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Ah well if that's the case then im dropping the es boots and going for armour base on boot slot, to make it easier on myself hehe
Other than that I just snatched some helm with the eq enchant and my god it makes the gameplay alot smoother in my oppinion.
Hi

I certainly test this build in standard at end league it looks damn strong. Is buying a legacy BoR and a legacy Aegis worth it? Espacialy for aegis is the 2% enought or the 4% legacy worth the investement?

Fly safe
Is there any way to compensate the loss of Varu on next leagues ? I mean that sword gives great dps for that lvl, and finding a mace with 300+ dps could take some time ...
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Last edited by Jayserix on May 23, 2016, 7:27:44 AM
"
Jayserix wrote:
Is there any way to compensate the loss of Varu on next leagues ? I mean that sword gives great dps for that lvl, and finding a mace with 300+ dps could take some time ...

I would like to know this aswell! And the question is, how hard is it to obtain varu in the next league...
Varunastra was Perandus specific, so it might not be able to get it again, unless through some div cards / prophecies

I might go 1H axes, even if we lose ~130% IPD
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Last edited by Jayserix on May 24, 2016, 11:32:09 AM
This build definitely getting buffed with the new ascendancy changes. Going for blood in the eye for the extra two points -- a no brainer really, for the extra bleed chance, damage and damage reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info