[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
Quixote77 wrote:
Thanks for the guide, GeGuRi.

I'm playing a non=RT Heavy Strike version as I feel its knockback syncs with the bleed and bloodlust as the sixth gem as I employ all three counterattacking gems and they proc bleed often on their own. Secured a +1 curse anvil so my curses are warlord's and poacher's for the charges.

My gear:

Spoiler
]

A question: would you recommend unwavering stance for this build? Never taken it before and I'm using Heart of oak. I can now opt to rejig some passives to use US and save on a point or two, so am wondering if I should.

It's personal preference, but US is really good against hard bosses,
if you see yourself getting stun time to time, I would grab US
Hi ! Tanks for this awesome build, strong and fun to play ! I wish we could have acces to Varunastra in the futur league.

Here is my build, feel free to comment it.

How do you manage the intel and dex requirement ?
Do you switch for a Rise of the pheonix for Atziri ?
any thoughts on a leveling portion to the guide? i'm assuming you went 2h molten strike until you got earthquake. this is my first melee character since before the master were released so im fairly uncertain on how to go about this. also it should be noted, im playing in PHC. with that in mind, should i attempt the bringer of pain?

edit: also could you maybe throw in a list of useful leveling uniques that might make getting to the final build a bit easier? sorry for all fuss, as i stated before this is my first melee build. ive played ranged builds exclusively until i saw 1h max block eq builds exist.
Last edited by shemhazi on Apr 28, 2016, 2:32:18 PM
@Shemhazi

Hi ! i leveled mine just like you say molten strike, until earthquake acces. i used this weapons :

i play in SCP but no death until i push too make some crash-test when i had acces my aegis
so did you put points into 2h weapon damage nodes then? then respec out of them to 1h nodes at level 40 ish? or did you just use this build with a 2h until it didnt feel safe anymore? ill probably do the later but id like to hear your advice. really strong build btw.
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Thanks for the guide, GeGuRi.

I'm playing a non=RT Heavy Strike version as I feel its knockback syncs with the bleed and bloodlust as the sixth gem as I employ all three counterattacking gems and they proc bleed often on their own. Secured a +1 curse anvil so my curses are warlord's and poacher's for the charges.

My gear:

Spoiler
]

A question: would you recommend unwavering stance for this build? Never taken it before and I'm using Heart of oak. I can now opt to rejig some passives to use US and save on a point or two, so am wondering if I should.

It's personal preference, but US is really good against hard bosses,
if you see yourself getting stun time to time, I would grab US

I took US and found the gameplay smoother. Thanks for the pro-tip!
"
shemhazi wrote:
so did you put points into 2h weapon damage nodes then? then respec out of them to 1h nodes at level 40 ish? or did you just use this build with a 2h until it didnt feel safe anymore? ill probably do the later but id like to hear your advice. really strong build btw.

It feel safe even without a shield. I just put sometimes point into axes or maces then refund them when i changed weapons, but you'll hit hard with a good life pool. Grab a belly of the beast to help while waiting for the BoR / aegis / varunastra setup
Last edited by Inialla on Apr 29, 2016, 9:11:34 AM
Currently in love with this build. Level 89 on PHC, finally upgraded to Aegis and 6link, and I just feel completely untouchable. I'm running labs for enchant and vaal orbing ammy for extra curse.
Thanks again for the build man. You should for sure remake for next league because we wont have Varunastra FeelsBadMan
Last edited by GreenSenpai on May 1, 2016, 6:29:05 AM
Sorry if these have been answered already but this thread is long.

Are there any good unique one-handers we can use up to Varunastra (especially 50+) to take advantage of all of the one-hand/shield nodes? Or, would it be best to spec somewhat into 2h and respec at 68?

How does EQ do for single target with conc effect? Because we get a 5-link in BoR would it be better to use another 5-link single target skill? I haven't played melee much at all.

Thanks!
I just used a one handed mace + pernadus crest up until varunastra - managed to buy a pretty good rare about level 40 that got even better with a craft on top. Just took the mace nodes, worked just fine, even ran a few maps. It was about as good as it could be for that ilvl though so you might need to be lucky to get one (sold mine I'm afraid!)

Think I used gorebreaker and then lavianga's wisdom up till then - mainly because I had in the stash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info