2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

I have some ex for 21 lvl bladefall and 21 lvl ethereal knives or better will be 21lvl20q ek?

How i can improve my dps more?
Anyone having problems getting stunned randomly? even on some T11 maps, ES really drops low when it happens. Is there a way to not get stunned so much?

obviously only those without the boots what cost 40ex.
"
Moksu wrote:
Anyone having problems getting stunned randomly? even on some T11 maps, ES really drops low when it happens. Is there a way to not get stunned so much?

cyclone makes you immune to stun, so even without boots i never had any problems
"
SaiyanManieK wrote:

I have some ex for 21 lvl bladefall and 21 lvl ethereal knives or better will be 21lvl20q ek?

if u have lvl 21 gems, do u really need more dps? towards the end of my time playing the build i just stopped going for damage since i already had such a crazy amount, even without multimodding my dagger.
If u really want more u can swap one ring to mings heart
Last edited by Nekhebet on Apr 15, 2016, 2:04:12 PM
"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:

cyclone makes you immune to stun, so even without boots i never had any problems

It could be your cyclone stops when running into an object like rocks or some shit. It's happened to me a few times.. no cyclone in the middle of mobs = stunlocked = rip.
This is an issue in facing as well.

I find I'm constantly running into objects that stop my cyclone and if mobs are surrounding me they try to beat me to death before i can find some space to swing again.

Any tips here in terms of playstyle?

PS i also prefer using quicksilver flasks over whirling blades for this exact reason... getting blocked by random objects
"
SaiyanManieK wrote:

In the case of EK, quality only increases the projectile speed, which translates into a longer range, this is not to be confused with a larger AoE since EK projectiles will only hit a target once without piercing, so odds are your projectiles won't make it past the nearest targets, EK is mostly a single target dps thing and quality won't change that at all.

In the base of Bladefall, quality is a dangerous thing (as are most area increases for this particular spell) since it only increases the AoE. While a generic AoE increase does sound nice for clearing, it comes at a price when going against single targets, since larger area also increases the area of each particular wave, and thus reduces the odds of a large single target being hit by multiple waves, so all in all, quality Bladefall might even be a worse thing that non-quality bladefall when going against single targets, and should be used only if you're having problems clearing (Who are we kidding, this build has insane clears).

So both gems at lvl 21 with no q is almost ideal.
Last edited by Orangesilk on Apr 15, 2016, 9:13:15 PM
"
So both gems at lvl 21 with no q is almost ideal.

Before reducing Quality i would take out some Points in my Talent tree at Whitch starting point. For clearing maps fast, nothing is as good as increased AOE radius, the reduced chance to hit multiple times with differnet volleys doesn't reduce your clear speed. And if someone really has trouble doin Bosses he can easy switch in Conc Effect.

Regarding all those how have problems with getting stunned , I am currently leveling towards 95 and to improve my loot i switched out skyforth and some other stuff , I never got stunlocked in all those T 12-T14 maps i'm running.
If I should guess most are charging in packs without having flasks up and/or missing the most important flask combination

these 2 flask bring me to 87% physical damage reduction , so nearly no mob can do enough damage to get me stunned.
I had simialar stunlock problems with another char and solved it by avoiding charging in packs that are able to do high physical damage.

Cheers Xentos
"
Xentos78 wrote:

Before reducing Quality i would take out some Points in my Talent tree at Whitch starting point. For clearing maps fast, nothing is as good as increased AOE radius, the reduced chance to hit multiple times with differnet volleys doesn't reduce your clear speed. And if someone really has trouble doin Bosses he can easy switch in Conc Effect.

Cheers Xentos

Oh, I didn't mean reducing quality, if you have 21/20 gems well use them alright, it's not a HUGE difference anyways. I'm just saying, if you have 21/0 gems, don't wreck yourself trying to go for 21/20, it's not necessary and almost counterproductive.

EK quality would be essential if we had linked stuff like Pierce or Chain on them, since it increases the time they stay in the air. In this build as it is, it's probably going to just hit the monsters near you and that's it, so extra range doesn't do a lot. BF quality might work, I don't believe it's necessary (since for clear speed, our main limiting factor is Cyclones area anyways) and one has to say it comes with drawbacks, so getting a 21/20 bladefall gem might be nice, but it's VERY low on my list of priorities.

The ONLY AoE nodes we take on the tree are on the witch side, Blast Radius family. Not taking these is a bad idea because:

a) We still need to take them to get to that central int node that allows easy travel to Annihilation, Alchemist and Extra power charge, not taking them is basically not an option.

b) These increase AREA damage, now, this is huge because when you apply poison with an AoE spell, the poison itself gets the AoE tag (but not the spell tag) so poison double-dips from these area modifiers, this is also why Conc Effect gives so much extra dps.

I ended up respeccing some points to grab Whispers of Doom, Unnatural Calm, and Charisma. Overall I lost some spell damage, crit+spell crit in return for +1 curse and +1 max lightning res. What are your thoughts?

Here's my skill tree now

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBx4NfA5IDlwPqxEPES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GGoZihqPGyUgbiL0JIsknSchKgsqOCsKLL81uTdMOVI9X0GWRA1FfkZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1gHXEBca13yX2pgQ2JaZJ1q-mwLbRluPW-ecFJ1_XcHf5Z_xoMJhEiEb4TFhq6HE4nTjZKP-pMnlS6VyJaLlwaXlZf0m6GbtZykn22hL6crrJius6_rtAy1SL6AvorDOsNtxKLHncjwytPQH9DQ0PXTftRC1bnXz9lb217fmOkC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I7-vw1fId9tr3PffX-Tf7Cf4J

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info