2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
enderbantoo wrote:
Thinking about rolling this for PHC, what would be your recommendations on hardcore-viability (especially as CI/Hybrid) assuming I can get to 80 safely in PHC. Would you consider trickster instead of Ranger?

I may consider doing PSC with it instead in its current form.

I think definitely this could be HC viable, as a SC player I only had 2 deaths to 92 which is fairly low compared to some of the mods we ran (twinned village ruin) (monster damage vulnerbility village ruin) were my 2 deaths.

I think Trickstar is better for CoC discharge, but for this build the Surgeon's mod for unique/diamond flask is key as well as the free poison from herbalist.
Last edited by Nekhebet on Mar 14, 2016, 3:55:43 PM
"
Moksu wrote:
Would -mana cost rings work with this?

You can easily replace the rings with elreon jewelry if you dont have access to vinktars, the only time this is a problem for me is on very heavy single target where I have to dodge attacks/spell (which for me so far only has been uber atziri fight )
"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
Hey man nice build! Quick 2 questions:

1/ How often can you keep your Vinktar up both in map and boss fight.
2/ Would you get more damage replacing controlled destruction with EK? I assume getting 5G on an ES chest is the main problem.

In maps I can have vinktar up all the time due to the increased amount of flask charges gained, and on bosses where I can go all out dps it also has 100% update due to blade vortex crits refilling it.

This is purely speculations, but without controlled destructions the other spells would also crit more and I would haver more spell hits to refil flasks, but you are right, 5 green on vaal regalia is just so expensive.

Thank you for your quick replies. Have you considered the Nightstalker cluster to proc spells more reliably? Almost all the CoC builds with vagan dagger go for this cluster as far as I know.
Nice concept here!

I'm also working on a CoC Phys spell cycloner. I chose Scion for the Berserker leech on all damage (free leech link), and Assassin base crit (sort of free increased critical link, need to test it still).
Already wearing Rainbowstride, because they were good leveling boots, so I might have to try rathpith/ rumi for that survivability as well.

In your video, I noticed Blade Vortex was usually in the 1-5 stack range. In my testing, until you're able to maintain 10+ stacks, it's not actually doing much damage. That requires significant investment in duration to achieve, though. For my setup I swapped EK into the CoC setup, and moved blade vortex to a CWDT-PCoC 3 link, and it ended up with much more damage, and vortex is just as effective at generating charges when it's at low stacks. Also, since poison is based on the initial hit, EK will stack much larger poisons than the small hits from Vortex. Your tree benefits even more from that swap, since you have projectile damage as well.

If Scion Assassin isn't working as well as I want it to, I may try Scion Pathfinder for the second ascendant node. Right now with only the Witch flask cluster I don't have an issue keeping my flasks up permanently, so 50% more charges and 25% increased damage might end up better than the crit stats from Assassin.
"
Icaros wrote:
Nice concept here!

I'm also working on a CoC Phys spell cycloner. I chose Scion for the Berserker leech on all damage (free leech link), and Assassin base crit (sort of free increased critical link, need to test it still).
Already wearing Rainbowstride, because they were good leveling boots, so I might have to try rathpith/ rumi for that survivability as well.

In your video, I noticed Blade Vortex was usually in the 1-5 stack range. In my testing, until you're able to maintain 10+ stacks, it's not actually doing much damage. That requires significant investment in duration to achieve, though. For my setup I swapped EK into the CoC setup, and moved blade vortex to a CWDT-PCoC 3 link, and it ended up with much more damage, and vortex is just as effective at generating charges when it's at low stacks. Also, since poison is based on the initial hit, EK will stack much larger poisons than the small hits from Vortex. Your tree benefits even more from that swap, since you have projectile damage as well.

If Scion Assassin isn't working as well as I want it to, I may try Scion Pathfinder for the second ascendant node. Right now with only the Witch flask cluster I don't have an issue keeping my flasks up permanently, so 50% more charges and 25% increased damage might end up better than the crit stats from Assassin.

I think EK will deal more damage, but with lvl 21 bladefall im more than capable of killing almost everything, for single target where i dont get a lot of flask charges, blade vortex can stack to 20+ giving me a lot
"
"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
Hey man nice build! Quick 2 questions:

1/ How often can you keep your Vinktar up both in map and boss fight.
2/ Would you get more damage replacing controlled destruction with EK? I assume getting 5G on an ES chest is the main problem.

In maps I can have vinktar up all the time due to the increased amount of flask charges gained, and on bosses where I can go all out dps it also has 100% update due to blade vortex crits refilling it.

This is purely speculations, but without controlled destructions the other spells would also crit more and I would haver more spell hits to refil flasks, but you are right, 5 green on vaal regalia is just so expensive.

Thank you for your quick replies. Have you considered the Nightstalker cluster to proc spells more reliably? Almost all the CoC builds with vagan dagger go for this cluster as far as I know.

Yea I did consider that cluster, but I would much rather have generic crit chance so it affects my spells also, and my cyclone is already very close to crit cap with diamond flask
In the future I will try to update the build with some different various and alternate items
Did a respect on my 93 LA ranger to this, enjoying it so far. Is your 9.3k with vaal disc up? I'm only at 8.7k with this gear:

don't judge the gems, still leveling/slotting them
"
darkfalldoon wrote:
Did a respect on my 93 LA ranger to this, enjoying it so far. Is your 9.3k with vaal disc up? I'm only at 8.7k with this gear:

don't judge the gems, still leveling/slotting them

I have 9.5k ES in my hideout, between 14 and 15k with vaal disc up, maybe u tree has slightly less ES or something, you should have more than me assuming due to the double ring enchantment
edit: can you link what jewels you use? just realized I never put any in :)
Last edited by darkfalldoon on Mar 15, 2016, 4:31:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info