2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
sefarison wrote:
I ended up respeccing some points to grab Whispers of Doom, Unnatural Calm, and Charisma. Overall I lost some spell damage, crit+spell crit in return for +1 curse and +1 max lightning res. What are your thoughts?

Here's my skill tree now

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBx4NfA5IDlwPqxEPES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GGoZihqPGyUgbiL0JIsknSchKgsqOCsKLL81uTdMOVI9X0GWRA1FfkZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1gHXEBca13yX2pgQ2JaZJ1q-mwLbRluPW-ecFJ1_XcHf5Z_xoMJhEiEb4TFhq6HE4nTjZKP-pMnlS6VyJaLlwaXlZf0m6GbtZykn22hL6crrJius6_rtAy1SL6AvorDOsNtxKLHncjwytPQH9DQ0PXTftRC1bnXz9lb217fmOkC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I7-vw1fId9tr3PffX-Tf7Cf4J

if u are going the curse route its definitely good, and spell crit is always nice for flask refil
Okay, I've been looking into ways to generate power charges quickly and stumbled upon a nice finding:

Blade Vortex counts each hit independently for the power charge generation.

So if you're not using Skyforth, a viable single target power charge generation mechanism would be:

CWDT - PCoC - Vortex - (Tempest shield, or Increased duration, or anything goes here really)
Another question to guidewriter and/or people who have played the build

Is the belt with flasks gained/reduced used/duration important? Currently if I were to replace my current belt with a tri-resist belt that would let me use second mings and I'm not sure how important having those 2 mods are... I didn't really feel a difference when I started using the belt so I'm wondering how important it is...
Last edited by checkmater75 on Apr 18, 2016, 12:04:04 AM
"
checkmater75 wrote:
Another question to guidewriter and/or people who have played the build

Is the belt with flasks gained/reduced used/duration important? Currently if I were to replace my current belt with a tri-resist belt that would let me use second mings and I'm not sure how important having those 2 mods are... I didn't really feel a difference when I started using the belt so I'm wondering how important it is...

The belt mostly shines during single target, being able to have longer flasks and use less charges matters a lot if u use each flask 8-10 times a fight, but for genereal mapping u could probably use any belt :)
i dont understand how you get that high block chance only with rumi flask since you got no block notes in passive tree.
LOVING this build.

I respecced an old Ranger into this build and it's great... unfortunately I don't have the extra skill point or +8 attack speed from bandits but otherwise all good.

An issue I'm facing, however, is crit chance. My base crit chance is only 28%. How are people getting it to 60% base before power charges and diamond flasks?

I'm having no issues with mapping, but single target bosses I'm having some issues generating crits and also sustaining mana... for eg, just tried Malachai on Merc and I died twice (I'm level 81).

I ultimately want to take down Atziri with this build.

Any suggestions for what I need to focus on? How do I generate more crits and sustain my mana with single target? Unfortunately I'm not rich so can't afford a 6L etc.

Currently:
- Level 81
- 7,800 ES (with discipline)
- 75/72/75 resis
- 26/22 block chance
- 1,800 DPS (cyclone tooltip in h/o)
- 28% crit chance (base, without power charges)

Gear and tree below:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg18DkgPqxEvEVARlhXXFe0WvxmKGyUi9CSLJJ0nISoLKjgrCiycLKYsvzQKNbk3TDdmPV9BlkZxSVFJsUuuTLNSU1S9VmNcQF3yX2piWmqMbAttGW-ecFJ1_XcHf5Z_xoMJhG-ExYauhxOJ04w2jZKP-pDWkyeVLpXIlouXBpeVl_SbtZykn22hL6LZpyuus6_rsNi0DLVIvorDOsSix53IFMrT0B_Q0ND1037UQtW518_ZW9-K35jpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fVv9z35N_4J?accountName=brunowa&characterName=Brunowa_Ranger

Last edited by brunowa on Apr 18, 2016, 9:13:36 AM
Guys, what do you think about use Atziri's splendour ? I calculated, you need 125 chromes avarage to get 5g1b and 600-700 es 20-25all res. Also big bonus would be 100mana on kill, that means you can change assasin's mark for voul curse and generate power charges in cwdt blade vortex pcoc setup. What do you thinking about that ?
"
Guys, what do you think about use Atziri's splendour ? I calculated, you need 125 chromes avarage to get 5g1b and 600-700 es 20-25all res. Also big bonus would be 100mana on kill, that means you can change assasin's mark for voul curse and generate power charges in cwdt blade vortex pcoc setup. What do you thinking about that ?

It's not a good choice still and 4g2b is still good enough. If you want go for a 5l Splendour and upgrade it into a 6l Rare later if you feel the need.

"
brunowa wrote:
LOVING this build.

I respecced an old Ranger into this build and it's great... unfortunately I don't have the extra skill point or +8 attack speed from bandits but otherwise all good.

An issue I'm facing, however, is crit chance. My base crit chance is only 28%. How are people getting it to 60% base before power charges and diamond flasks?

I'm having no issues with mapping, but single target bosses I'm having some issues generating crits and also sustaining mana... for eg, just tried Malachai on Merc and I died twice (I'm level 81).

I ultimately want to take down Atziri with this build.

Any suggestions for what I need to focus on? How do I generate more crits and sustain my mana with single target? Unfortunately I'm not rich so can't afford a 6L etc.

Currently:
- Level 81
- 7,800 ES (with discipline)
- 75/72/75 resis
- 26/22 block chance
- 1,800 DPS (cyclone tooltip in h/o)
- 28% crit chance (base, without power charges)

Gear and tree below:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg18DkgPqxEvEVARlhXXFe0WvxmKGyUi9CSLJJ0nISoLKjgrCiycLKYsvzQKNbk3TDdmPV9BlkZxSVFJsUuuTLNSU1S9VmNcQF3yX2piWmqMbAttGW-ecFJ1_XcHf5Z_xoMJhG-ExYauhxOJ04w2jZKP-pDWkyeVLpXIlouXBpeVl_SbtZykn22hL6LZpyuus6_rsNi0DLVIvorDOsSix53IFMrT0B_Q0ND1037UQtW518_ZW9-K35jpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fVv9z35N_4J?accountName=brunowa&characterName=Brunowa_Ranger

I'm not sure but I don't think anyone achieves 60%+ without Power Charges on this build.
I have either 72% or 74% with 5 Power Charges and by the looks of it you are missing at least one if you helped Alira in Merciless.
Another thing go recraft your Dagger's Crit Chance to maybe 26% or 27%. Base Crit Chance will increase by a little but but your overall Crit will probably go up by like 5% I'd guess.
"
brunowa wrote:
LOVING this build.

It -is- a little low crit chance though, it'd be possible to increase it but it'd require a sizable investment, swap your rings to diamond rings, then fix your resistances on gear with slightly expensive rares.

You could also swap to unique crit gloves like Maligaros or Shadows and Dust but it'd certainly force you to make up for the lost defensive values via more expensive rares.
Last edited by Orangesilk on Apr 18, 2016, 2:15:47 PM
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
i dont understand how you get that high block chance only with rumi flask since you got no block notes in passive tree.

Increased effect from Rumi flask, at 45% increased flask effect Rumis gives you 43.5% Block, + 25% base and 3% from tempest shield it's 71.5% base block chance. It then translates to 57.2% spellblock with Rathpits and Rainbowstrides, and then Rumis gives it an additional 21.8% for a total of 79% (75%) spellblock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info