[2.6] Assassin Blade Flurry (or Viper Strike)

"
Zand wrote:
What are your thoughts on going Vaal Pact? Assuming you don't have Atziri's Acuity
I tryed it, it's very useful if you don't have Acuity but I reverted it cause I use BloodRage and 7 frenzy charges. If you go Vaal Pact without regen it feels bad constantly losing life when you're not hitting mobs, so you can consider to drop BloodRage and refund frenzy from trre and bandit if you like istant leech more.
"
0Nemesis wrote:
"
Zand wrote:
What are your thoughts on going Vaal Pact? Assuming you don't have Atziri's Acuity
I tryed it, it's very useful if you don't have Acuity but I reverted it cause I use BloodRage and 7 frenzy charges. If you go Vaal Pact without regen it feels bad constantly losing life when you're not hitting mobs, so you can consider to drop BloodRage and refund frenzy from trre and bandit if you like istant leech more.

Thanks, couple other questions for you. What are your defenses like (HP, armor, evasion)? Also, what is the difference in HP between Atziri's splendour and Belly of the beast? I'm thinking Atziri's could be better because of higher evasion and resists.

Lastly, what do you think of just using vulnerability as a standalone curse instead of combining it with blasphemy? Currently I only have enough mana to run Grace and Herald of Ash.
28% evade
30% dodge
15% block

152% life from tree + 27% from jewels + 40% from Belly = 5.3k (1650 pre increase)
Assuming 100Hp Splendour youll reach 4,9k (1750 with 180%)

Manual casting curse is an option, if your dps is good enough you''l only need it on bosses anyway.
Evasion is good and all but don't rely too much on it cause if don't have a large life pool you will get one shotted eventually.
Played around with poe builder to emprove tree for Blade flurry.
As a result my life dropped to 5,2k but poison damage ramped up to effective 1mio with 6 stages and inc aoe.
Witchfire Brew better than blasphemy vulnerability, missing onslaught flask for extra dps. If u want to go beefy on dps (personal opinion) use Lord Abyssus instead of rats nest, change maligaro with spiked gloves( they provide 20%melee dmg increase);take off titty chest use rare one with more red and more Ev.Since u no longer use blasp.vulne use arctic armor for boss fights , viper strike is still doing heavy name locking and AA give a nice mitigation from phy.Lastly u want vaal grace for boss fights.and if u really want to push hard , get Sin's Rebirth flask for more serious dmg .(cash wise) .

PS: Reason I go for spiked gloves is simple u can roll higher attack speed and being shadow already gives u alot of crit anyway. Still personal choice. Nice base to begin with VS .
Knowledge is power. Guard it well ,Blood Ravens.
Last edited by BalcArrow on May 13, 2017, 3:27:00 PM
Those are all good advices, especially for Viper Strike version.
I know my build can be emprowed with those changes, especially flask-wise and maybe changing weapons with Bino + Shield or dps Dagger + Shield with Sin's rebirth.

I^m waiting 3.0 change to poison to upgrade both Viper and Blade Flurry.
-stay tuned-
What could you recommend to use instead of Blood Rage? I don't really enjoy using this spell since it's really annoying to regen hp with potions after ending the combat so i won't die :/

Also, any good recommendations for unique jewels? :D
"
Revcio wrote:
What could you recommend to use instead of Blood Rage? I don't really enjoy using this spell since it's really annoying to regen hp with potions after ending the combat so i won't die :/

Socket it in your weapon and you only need to swap the set twice to stop the buff.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
this is my personal favorite assassin build (viper strike version)!

I have all the gear....just using Tabula Rasa right now because my Atziri's splendor is only 4L. Damage wise, with everything racked up i am doing around 76-80k.

I seem to be having Mana issues where i run out of mana when using Viper strike...any advice on this?

"
Bristoling wrote:
"
Revcio wrote:

Socket it in your weapon and you only need to swap the set twice to stop the buff.

That's actually a good idea, thanks :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info