[2.6] Assassin Blade Flurry (or Viper Strike)

I gave a try at this build in Pernadus SC. Working pretty well and I've managed to 6 link the armor.

I have a feeling mobs are just melting and the only time I have ever run out of mana is Atziri (not enough dps to take her down this fast)

I am running a jade flask though I feel that popping it up makes me immortal in most cases and does the trick.

Well done with the build
Does viper strike work for mobs with melee splash well? My buddy has a VS build but he uses reave for aoe and switches gems to VS for bosses. You have no problem with clear speed? I'm going to build some sort of VS so I'm curious as to what works best because I'm not huge on having to switch out gems all the time, especially mid map.
It works quite well, AoE is like Cleave, so enough clear speed to clean an Arid Lake map in less than 4min. Also Bino spreading poison helps.
Reave has a wider AoE but it's not as fun as Viper :)
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Apr 19, 2016, 5:29:00 AM
Is Rapid decay good with this build?
Viper Strike need Melee Splash, Multistrike, Melee Physical.
Since with this build You'll reach over 90% crit chance ALWAYS, Crit Damage is a sure 4th support.
For the 6th link you have some options:
- Faster Attack
- Fortify
- Void Manipulation
- Rapid Decay
(you already have power charge with Death's Hand and Culling Strike on crit with Assassin ascendancy)

Fortify isn't a multiplicative bonus and you can link it to the moving skill (unless you want to have a 100% uptime without having to think).
Faster attack is a 54% (20/20) IAS additive, cool but if you are looking for dps let's find a multiplicative effect.
Void Manipulation is a multiplicative (*1.39) on 1/4th of direct damage AND of all the poison damage.
Rapid Decay is a multiplicative (*1.39) effect but only on the poison damage AND with a drawback of reduced duration (doesn't matter on trash mobs but can be useful to have those 8sec on big bosses).

Plese don't use Poison (the support gem): is a worse Rapid Decay since it's only additive...
Any videos any time soon? level 60 for now and I am going to use daresso chest until I can 5 link or 6 link the splendour. I like the idea of viper strike and I hope it works well.
Sorry about that but I don't have anything to record good gameplay videos.

Don't worry I made this build in talisman the first time, it worked even with a 4L (VS-Multi-Splash-MeleePhys) as soon as you have access to bino and splendour.
How do you gain power charges if you are facing a boss because bosses cannot be stunned and you cant get it from death hand. Also, do you mind posting a levelling skill treee? or just a guideline to which nodes to go to first, thanks
Last edited by NabD on Apr 24, 2016, 6:50:41 AM
Without power charges (3) this build with my setup sit at 80% crit chance, so I don't mind at all the loss against a boss. And only few bosses in this game don't have minions.

About a levling tree, I'll update now the OP.
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Apr 25, 2016, 2:11:13 PM
Hi, wondering about your skill tree. Why are you taking adders touch? it's useless for you since it doesn't stack with viper strike

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info