Information about Update 2.2.1

Emperor Izaro has been made easier in Normal difficulty.

Well that is good but why not cut that fricken perticle damage down so normal people doesnt dc .
Remember what happened to blizzard when they made too many mistakes. you got rich off of it...Maybe its grim dawns turn ?
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
Cudez wrote:
No info about the Labyrinth Leaderboards? Hope this wont be an infinity project^_^ Just give us some version to play with! (fix it later heh)

best
cudez

Sometime next week, read it on reddit, lol.
"
ggpenner wrote:
Steam update takes alot of time because steam creates a backup file of each file modified with the patch (and PoE is basically 1 huge ggpk file). So for PoE, steam pretty much creates a backup of the whole game, then installing the patch and removing the backup files again. I moved to the standalone version because steam is unable to patch without 7-8GB of free space (even for 1MB patches).

herein lies the problem:

ggg should do the same in their standalone client to prevent users having to download that 8 gigabyte of data in case the patching process fails.

still, running the standalone client you need to backup the current resource file manually before patching, i do it before major patches and before every 3 or 4 minor patches.

patching never was a problem for me, patching fails? just recover your old resource file backup and start again.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 10, 2016, 5:25:47 AM
"
AzgarthX wrote:
Well, I am glad Izaro is getting nerfed for normal difficulty :P He made me rip in HC Perandus yesterday... didn't expect him to be so crazy op

He will be crazy op if you let him get bonuses, I got insta oneshotted by him on cruel because I f'ed up charges, my near invincible (not really) templar on perma was like meh, try harder next time Izaro:D so it sure depends on a build a lot too.
Hi at the server boys

normaly you make a really good job. But the last few days the game is unplayable. If i have a server rip in labyrinth and that after one hour or more, thats not aktzeptable.

Today its o.k. but after the patch the game is unplayable in europe.

That hurts really. I have the feeling, you have no idea what happens and make one patch after
the other, some helps some not. So if its dont work lets make another patch. Thats in my eyes not professional.

I love the game really. But you destroy the good feeling wirh making bad updates and week patches.
Hi

Just wanna ask

Is the new labyrinth update up yet?

With the need to only do labyrinth on Merciless to get all 6 points?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Hmm, this is very strange.
I've received the ascendany points with only one of my char, the other 6 standard character got nothing.
Any news on fixing the messed up Volcano map generation? With the random portal to nowhere and "Stairs" string.
"
PoiZen wrote:

one thing that was brought to my attention by a friend of mine who is relatively new to the game is that for newer players there are a few things that are just unexplained. for example, there seemed to be some confusion when this new-ish player was caught in a bear trap. He didn't know what bear trap was or what it does so he thought it was a bug or latency issue. perhaps adding a debuff icon for when you a immobilized by a bear trap could solve the issue?

There is a debuff icon for Bear Trap. It looks the same way as the skill icon when equiped.

And great work with crash fixes. Only experienced a small handful of random DC's.
I'm so happy you're looking into Steam patch download times! They take FOREVER on my machine in comparison to far larger updates for other games.

I must admit, I did not like the labyrinth the first few times I went through it. I even died in normal to a trap. I had prepared myself for possible deaths, but I did NOT expect it to happen in normal on a high level character! I had some disconnects as well, but it was launch day and I don't hold any grudges for that.

After playing with it a bit more, I'm warming to the lab. Izaro is really not bad if you overlevel and get used to the mechanics (practice), you just need to take your time with traps, and you get used to the layouts fairly quickly, so lab run times will go down. I get how people would be frustrated with long lab times at first, especially in an online game where a freeze or dc means you have to start from scratch. My advice right now would be to give the lab more time; it hasn't even been a week yet. Practice it with softcore characters, don't bother with any silver keys or shrines if you want faster clear speeds, and maybe carry more life flasks if you have a tough time with traps.

I do feel for CI characters, and I do think that the normal lab should be shorter/easier to path (there have been some rather tough labs in normal mode), but those are about my only complaints so far. Oh, and is there a way to remove enchantments completely? Because that should probably be a thing.

By the way, love the new music :)
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info