[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@supreme_pizza , thank you for such an excellent and highly unrecognized build.

breach league has been the first time I've immersed myself in POE to this level, and it's due to this thread. I started the league with a few friends and almost stopped playing due to a terrible CI witch build I started out on. this build was my second chance.

I've yet to take on atziri or any of the breach lords (i tend to overprepare) but...

I have solo cleared all labs at the point, as well as all quest line content.

I'm able to run up to tier 13 with ease depending on what modifiers I'm seeing (reflect phys is a no-go as you pointed out)

The most difficult map so far that I had managed...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822525194

Passives atm... everything is as recommended with the exception of bloodletting node cluster. that's a recent endeavour. i've also reached out to a couple of +% to life nodes where the build tree left off.

For anyone who has faced challenges with this build, I cannot stress the importance of getting the guide recommended items, max your resists for the difficulty, and take the time to knock out at LEAST your normal and cruel trials.

Once those are done, spend some time accumulating currency and fine tune your gear. I've sunk around 100c on this build in total, but it's mid-range map clear speed (map tier 6-11) is insane. I've made that currency back three-fold at least.

Again, thank you for the build supreme_pizza; I went for bloodletting, and am looking to drop Jack the Axe soon... the axe reduces life leech (contrary to the main post). Between bloodletting and the ascendancy nodes as prescribed, we've got a 33% (41 if we throw 3 more passive nodes at it) chance to bleed a target. Given our attack speed, I feel like 33% is sufficient? If not I might pick up a voidheart.
Last edited by KillfaceStabman on Dec 22, 2016, 6:32:42 AM
@Andizlack

Yep the new tree looks pretty good. There is a cluster that provides staff and mace damage. But keep in mind that varunastra counts for all one-handed weapons, and since staves are two-handed weapons, you don't get the bonus from them. So I would drop some of the '12% increased physical damage with maces' nodes.

But otherwise, your tree looks pretty good. If you find your one-handed damage is underwhelming, you can switch to dual wield varunastra later on, because cleave is best when dual-wielding. But going with a shield is safer.

@KillfaceStabman

haha great work man! gratz on getting this far. I'm glad your having fun and enjoying the build.

Jack the axe gives 2% physical damage leeched as life, but it reduces life leech rate by 50%, so it's similar to getting 1% physical damage leeched as life. Later on, when you approach endgame, I do suggest upgrading your jack the axe to a stronger axe and using voidheart.

But yeah voidheart is not really that necessary and 33% should be fine as is.

You should be able to take on Atziri right now, I took on Atziri at around level 85, but it might be a bit tricky if it's your first time, so good luck! (Make sure you use concentrated effect instead of increased AoE for bosses!)
Sorry but how do I see the passive tree :s The skill tree section has no links (at least not for me :O)
"High block" like in "almost has much has a normal shield".
Your links to the passive trees are broken. :(
@Sarah315

Fixed.

@Norwegianbeast

Fixed

@ZePample

Block chance is currently 42 attack block and 42 spell block with painforged up. I consider this quite high. With a Rumi's, we reach around 62/72 block.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 22, 2016, 6:37:24 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IAmSoGoodLol/characters

1.What flasks should i replace with rumi and vinktar? Which vinktar is better conversion or add damage to attacks?

2.how do i cap resist if i replace a ring with voidheart?

3.And can i do atziri now? how hard is it? I have done uber lab / 3 breachlords (failed tul coz didnt really understand what was going on and the extra mobs hit hard. died to them all the 6 times coz kept on opening the mini breaches -_-.. did the other 2 deathless)
Last edited by IAmSoGoodLol on Dec 23, 2016, 2:21:51 AM
@IAmSoGoodLol

1. Probably Basalt and Atziri's Promise. Get the conversion one.

2. Upgrade your gear. If you can't cap your resistances, don't use voidheart.

3. Atziri should be no problem if you already took down the breachlords. It's a mechanical fight, so if you have experience with Atziri before, you should have little to no issues. Just remember to use conc.effect for bosses.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@Andizlack

your having fun and enjoying the build.

Jack the axe gives 2% physical damage leeched as life, but it reduces life leech rate by 50%, so it's similar to getting 1% physical damage leeched as life.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

Jack nerfs lifeleech really, really hard by reducing the leech-rate. It's quite terrible and i would recommend anyone that plays HC to always skip Jack entirely and instead getting a 250+ axe with an open prefix and then to craft bleeding onto it.
It's not that expensive.

I played the build til 85 and then died to game-errors. The game spawned a bunch of error messageboxes and i couldnt move or even close the game.
But yeah, i actually enjoyed the build enough to rebuild it now. Back to 71 now and soon going to transition back into the actual build (currently stilL EQ).

This time i might try lacerate over cleave, actually. I feel like lacerate has a lot more coverage.
But, i think that lacerate might have problems with charge-generation. Because i believe that the individual swings only always count for one hand.
So basically you cut the generation in half, which is sad.

Has anyone played lacerate here and compared it to cleave? How did it perform damage wise? How did it perform charge-wise?
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@IAmSoGoodLol

1. Probably Basalt and Atziri's Promise. Get the conversion one.

2. Upgrade your gear. If you can't cap your resistances, don't use voidheart.

3. Atziri should be no problem if you already took down the breachlords. It's a mechanical fight, so if you have experience with Atziri before, you should have little to no issues. Just remember to use conc.effect for bosses.

Thanks.

I did atziri though i died 5 times.. In her 4 Illusions phase she kept 1 shotting me with her spear >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info