[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Hey I'm really enjoying the build so far, packs and map clear speed is great and really fun to play. However, with almost any map unique bosses seem to be a real struggle. Like I'm doing some t11 - t12 maps and packs are no problem, but whenever I try to fight the unique bosses I die a lot. I evade as much as possible, but the single target dps is so low that it either takes me ages or a I fail the map due to empty pots.

I hope you could give any advice or tips on how you tackled this issue, because it really breakes the build for me by not being able to complete the higher tier maps.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
"
djohalo2 wrote:
Hey I'm really enjoying the build so far, packs and map clear speed is great and really fun to play. However, with almost any map unique bosses seem to be a real struggle. Like I'm doing some t11 - t12 maps and packs are no problem, but whenever I try to fight the unique bosses I die a lot. I evade as much as possible, but the single target dps is so low that it either takes me ages or a I fail the map due to empty pots.

I hope you could give any advice or tips on how you tackled this issue, because it really breakes the build for me by not being able to complete the higher tier maps.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

I'm killing bosses fairly easily with this build on bhc, can you link your items or set your profile to public?
"

I'm killing bosses fairly easily with this build on bhc, can you link your items or set your profile to public?

Thanks for responding, I believe I have set my profile to public now. Hope you can help me out :)
"
djohalo2 wrote:
"

Thanks for responding, I believe I have set my profile to public now. Hope you can help me out :)

First off, are you swapping your increased aoe gem for conc effect on bosses? It's a really big boost to do that. Secondly you should probably try getting some rings with +phys attack on them, and gloves with AS. I'd also recommend changing your flasks for more utility.

I personally don't even use a quicksilver flask with this build because I feel leap slam is fast enough anyway so I'd strongly recommend swapping them out. Take a look at my character for some tips, granted I am playing HC so you might not need as much survivability if you don't want to.
Last edited by Enoran on Dec 19, 2016, 8:55:38 AM
"
djohalo2 wrote:
"

Hey Djohalo2,it also looks like you are missing some skill points and ascendancy points.
I would go for those when you have the time.
You are also missing 1 more jewel slot and i would upgrade the other onces for more survival and damage if you can afford it.
Another way to increase your damage might be getting a good physicial damage belt and upgrading or buying/upgrading your Gems like Cleave or Multistrike.
Would Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet be any good for this build? I lose tons of phys damage from it so I'm not sure if it's worth.
Hey OP, thanks a ton for posting this guide and how detailed you wrote it out.

I'm wondering how you think this build would do crit based? I'm thinking of using it with a Varunstsa (and either dual wielding one of the axes you recommended or just running a nice defensive shield), that way I could take advantage of more efficient physical damage nodes and have enough skill points to invent into crit stuff. I'm still pretty new to making my own builds, but would you mind taking a look? :)

www.poeurl.com/WJN
@djohalo2

Yep I agree with what everyone else has said. Use concentrated effect for bosses and upgrade your gear.

@Smoket

Xoph's blood isn't good for this build because it makes you have Avatar of Fire. This halves your physical damage and makes you deal only fire damage.

@Andizlack

Yep tree looks alright. Life is a bit low though, so you should tweak the tree for at least 140-150% increased maximum life. Also I would drop blood in the eyes in favour of versatile combatant on your ascendancy tree. This will give a big boost to defense. Also drop Eagle eye, it is too inefficient.

Personally I wouldn't go crit with varunastra unless you are on the far right of the tree and playing something like raider or assassin. Because you really want the dagger crit nodes as a varunastra user.

So I would personally suggest going non-crit with varunastra.
Non-crit it is then. You've convinced me :)

Without having to worry about getting crit nodes, I was able to stack a lot more physical damage on the tree. It's a bit over 500% now, that should also super help out the bleed explosion thingie too right? Damn, that's gonna be wicked! I'm actually thinking about going Varunastra and a shield, likely the Aegis Aurora or The Surrender. Would you mind taking another quick look and see if I screwed anything up? www.poeurl.com/WU4

One more quick question: do you think this build would work well using the Perseverance belt? It would already work wonderfully with the life and constant onslaught, but you already recommend amour / evasion combo gear so it could give a decent bump to DPS with that mod as well.
Last edited by Andizlack on Dec 21, 2016, 6:06:11 AM
Made a variant with more jewel slots and a few other small changes. Think I'm gonna go with this one! www.poeurl.com/WVb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info