[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

can anyone recommend the gems you would be using with lacerate? I'm running this build with cleave and have all the required items, and Would like to try lacerate now. thanks! I kinda need things spelled out for me as I'm a pretty inexperienced player. Could i leave everything else else up and just change cleave to lacerate?
@TheBaumer

yes same links

@verozo

lacerate is alright, but cleave is preferable for this build.

@Player089

I guess just save up for BoR and soul taker since they are quite essential. but you can use mana leech until then. Also cleave hits with both weapons, so it is better to dual-wield than use a 2-hander.

@Majkon8

sorry there are no videos. But lacerate works similar to cleave. And you will be able to clear endgame content with it, just like cleave.

@Sphen

nope not based on weapon range

soz guys I don't respond very often cos I'm busy with other things. I'll prob reply to comments every once in a while.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 9, 2016, 8:23:52 PM
Has anyone ever tried making it work with blood-lust support gem? I am really still looking for ways to improve the build.

If you ran BL you would have to apply the bleeding with something else, leap slam for example. I just dont know if its worth the indirection of having to leap-slam each pack before you hack it down.
I dont know how much tankier mobs become in higher tier maps - as long as you one or two-hit blue packs its probably not worth it.

What about bosses, however? I already feel quite the lack of single-target DPS, bosses really take some time to mash down. Even with conc effect.
Sure, i just using a 5linked and i dont have BoR, but those two items wont make such a huge difference.
So for bosses, one could try switching in Bloodlust and then apply the bleed with Leapslam every 5 seconds instead.

What about Voidheart? Is the poison worth anything in this build? Especially for single-target? We dont really buff poision at all, so it probably isnt good?
There is also pasive Dirty Techniques - together with VH you would probably perma-stack max poision on a boss.

These are the things i am currently wondering about. Somehow i need to get more single-target DPS out of the build.
Consider that i am playing HC and took around 70% more life and 7-8 more nodes into max endurance charges than OPs build. I am paying that in DPS obviously.
Only potential right now is 6link chest + higher DPS weapons. There are some insane 1handers in SC, which are 540 DPS - but if we are realistic, a temporary league will never see anything that goes beyond 400.
If you get Vinktar's, with the shock, you can multiply your damage by 1.5x. Same with using witchfire's brew, which is another great flask that gives you a lot of damage against bosses.

Bloodlust is quite unfeasible for this build and is a bit clunky to use. Voidheart is a pretty good item, because it allows you to use some higher DPS one-handers instead of using Jack the Axe.

A BoR will make a huge difference to your DPS. You should be hitting around 200k DPS with conc.effect and all frenzy charges up. So try to get steel rings or rings with high phys damage a rustic sash and gloves with high attack speed.
I think i need some help now that i am starting to experience issues with this build in higher tier maps, specifically higher tier maps when i was running through some with a friend of mine who is 83, i am currently 79 hoping to get 80 today but so far have died 5 times(2 from trial traps in maps and 3 from boss with reflect and bleeds) and getting annoying lol.

Here is my current gear, some of the sockets and gems are not what i want them to be but i ran out of chromes since i couldn't get 2 blue and 2 red in my gloves, went through 350 chromes too so i just tossed whatever in.
Spoiler

EDIT: after posting this i found a new jewel to replace one i had that was only 10% to phys damage, new one also increases cold and fire resists so my new resists are at 65%,62%,93%,-60%

For my auras i am running Herald of Ash, Arctic Armour, Hatred. My biggest issue i think i am having is my DPS compared to other people i see and they have like 200k++ meanwhile i am sitting at 8608.88 with these auras running and when i get my charges and use Rallying cry i reach up to 14683.48 MAX. My defense is 4831 and at the time of this reply i have yet to even attempt the Merc lab because my friend told me he even had to have help cause the bosses 1 shot him and he has more hp than me by a few hundred so i have been avoiding it.

Late last night i spent the remaining chaos i had which was 76 total and blew it on a pair of gloves boots and ring for better resistances which did help me but they are still not capped just yet however with charges and stuff when fighting my resists are capped but it still seems i get hurt quite a bit from elemental attacks, even though i blew my chaos last night i am back up to 23c at the moment. I know i should be looking for a rustic sash but i tried looking on poe.trade a few days back and i could not find any fitting what i wanted for resists and life within my budget so i got something cheaper that was better than what i had on

Merc resistances are listed at the following
Fire: 55% (55%)
Cold: 52% (52%)
Lightning 75% (93%)
Chaos (-60) (-60)
EDIT: got a new jewel which is postd above, cold and fire raised to 65% and 62% now

Pics to show
Spoiler

Current passive tree

Overall i am enjoying this build but i am just worried about being too weak now and getting my ass kicked as this is my highest character (i returned from a 3 year break) and would love to reach farther to see more end game content, plus wouldn't hurt to get a chance to find better loot to sell but that is just me being greedy lol.
Last edited by heinrich6745 on Dec 13, 2016, 3:16:13 PM
You have to think about the fact that the 150-200k+ dps numbers you see are from those of us who are running legacy gear for the most part. That or in league, someone who is either effective at farming currency with another character or guild. At lvl 91 I run 156k dps with cleave in a legacy v1 BoR and have no frenzy charges taken on the tree or means to generate. That's also with only 6/8 ascendancy.

You have fortify in helm which most run added fire, you have several pieces with low rolls for dps and life. It all comes down to currency and how much you are willing to farm. Also, alot of those high dps people you see have lvl 20 and 20 quality gems which also make a big difference.
@heinrich6745

Your DPS is low because it is your autoattack DPS not your cleave DPS. On your stats page, you have to click on the red cleave icon, to show the cleave DPS.

I also think you should replace fortify with added fire damage. Put fortify on leap slam and that should be better. You should aim to cap your resistances, so maybe get diamond skin near the marauder area, until you can cap your resistances without it.

For bosses, male sure you aee using concentrated effect instead of increased AoE. With concentrated effect, you should have no problem face-tanking Izaro in merciless lab.

Finish merciless and Uber lab will provide a huge defense boost. 4.8k Life is pretty good for level 79, aim for 5-5.5k by level 85.

Also, you can right click on your gems to hide them.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 13, 2016, 9:32:37 PM
anyone running this on BHC and can showcase high tier maps and bosses?

I'm looking for a fun melee build, tired of all this caster bullshit.
I'm currently playing this on BHC, level 86 right now. Highest tier I've done so far is 8 and without any problems, I'm still unlocking the atlas so I don't go to the next tier until I've done all previous. Never been close to dying yet really, except for a few bad plays. Breaches I am absolutely steamrolling so far with freeze/shock/bleed utility flask always up.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@heinrich6745

Your DPS is low because it is your autoattack DPS not your cleave DPS. On your stats page, you have to click on the red cleave icon, to show the cleave DPS.

I also think you should replace fortify with added fire damage. Put fortify on leap slam and that should be better. You should aim to cap your resistances, so maybe get diamond skin near the marauder area, until you can cap your resistances without it.

For bosses, male sure you aee using concentrated effect instead of increased AoE. With concentrated effect, you should have no problem face-tanking Izaro in merciless lab.

Finish merciless and Uber lab will provide a huge defense boost. 4.8k Life is pretty good for level 79, aim for 5-5.5k by level 85.

Also, you can right click on your gems to hide them.

Thanks for the reply, i did not think about hovering over the skill itself or even clicking on it in the stats tab nor did i know about right clicking the skills on the hud lol, that helps clean my screen up.

My cleave dps said 44k before i swapped out fortify for added lvl 18 added fire damage that was in my stash i put away earlier and now my cleave says 53k. When i have charges up and rallying cry it jumps to 85k, my resistances are pretty much maxed now as well aside from a few points on cold. I also added a concentrated effect support gem into my ring to lvl it up since it's only 1 atm so i will do that and use your advice when i need to put it in for bosses.

I actually finished Merc lab last night, took me 3 tries but that was due to my first 2 attempts i got teleported into a trap then hulk smashed and didn't hit my flask fast enough, i could have not died but i did not try avoiding his attacks and took him head on like an idiot but the 3rd try he was a piece of cake. Still need 3 more trials to be able to get into uber lab though.

My defence is now 5228 and i have 4300 HP

Lately i have been trying to farm maps but it's starting to bore me with the really low tiers as i have not been able to get past T7(had 7 a few times no aside from 1 time with a friend who had a few higher tiers but that is where i had a bit of trouble in the first place however i think that was due to partying up and making mobs stronger since we had 4 of us and i didn't have the new gear changes and lvl increase as i do now.

P.S. i got an Empower gem last night and i just put socketed it to level it up since i saw the price on those and wanna try getting it leveled and selling it, could sell as is at lvl1 but why not get it to lvl 2 at least and get more money lol.

P.P.S. lvl 85 and doing good, did my first T12 map last night and wow that shit is hard! i failed it as i lost all my portals when i got to the map boss, 1-10 is ezpz 11 is alright just have to watch out for certain rare mobs and exiles.
Last edited by heinrich6745 on Dec 17, 2016, 11:02:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info