SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Traps is definitely what makes labyrinth boring tedious and not fun. How about calling it "SET FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS (remove AC from unfun traps)"
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Traps is definitely what makes labyrinth boring tedious and not fun. How about calling it "SET FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS (remove AC from unfun traps)"

QQ

You complain about a piece of content that you admit up until recently you haven't even finished. Even then multiple people have said it takes an open mind and multiple experiences before they could enjoy it.

I'm sorry that I had to curse at you but clearly you was not understanding the point presented so I had to stoop down to a level you might understand.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
@Turtledove

Yes im actually waiting for EnjoyTheJourney to clarify to me what he actually suggested cause i lost him a bit, and for gibbousmoon if he can adress/refine a bit the suggestion cause as it is it will make the WK even madder than they currently are. As i said i find the suggestion very solid cause it adresses perfectly points II and IV (paragraphs 3 and 5) in the OP but in the same time is not "fair" for the other side that actually likes the trap/arcade playstyle. As you probably have a long time ago understood im not trying to steal/destroy what fun the labyrinth playstyle might provide to some people, thats why the basic suggestion and the reason the thread was created only suggest AC removal from lab, cause actually its the only thing that matters while in the same time removing it will have absolutely no effect on the kind of fun lab runners are having with this content.

Please dont fuel the WK cause the thread is derailed by totally offtopic comments and insults they make. Arguing in their terms is a lose-lose situation however you see it, no constructive conversation, insults, repetition of reality defying comments, derailing etc. They refuse to see things from another point of view, so i suggest you refuse to drop to their level, i dont believe its healthy to get so low to converse anyway.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
An irrational argument has been made that my posts here on labyrinth have not been valid because I had not yet ascended a character. There may be multiple people that have this same irrational thought? I just want to let everyone know that such an irrational excuse for invalidating my opinion has been remedied. Therefore, these irrational people will need to find another reason to invalidate my opinion here on this topic.

GGG just did a straw poll, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656715. They then used the poll results to decide what they should best do. This seems to validate that GGG looks at and pays attention to straw polls. A straw poll of particular interest to the question that this thread is about is, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251. This straw poll along with a large amount of anecdotal posts on the forum (and based on GGG comments here also on reddit) make it clear that a significant percentage of the PoE player base dislikes labyrinth. Using the straw poll I cautiously estimate that perhaps 30% to 50% of the player base dislikes labyrinth. I would definitely consider this a significant percentage, even 10% might be considered a significant enough percentage if there was a simple solution to implement and fix the problem. I believe that there are solutions in the OP that would fit into the simple category.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
GGG's polls get more attention then just a random strawpoll, which also has really no protection against skewed results, at least with GGG's poll you need to create multiple accounts and they likely disqualified any accounts that dont have any gametime with them.

Stop trying to use a stupid fucking poll to "prove" a point, all it proves is you had literally nothing to add of your own merit so you bring in whatever you think is relevant, when we've already established its not, even people that agree with the topic see the poll as nothing but an improper tool that doesn't prove anything.

stop it, you are making yourself look like a fool. In regards to you not doing the lab fully, it really does matter because first impressions are worth less then someone with experience, because you aren't even willing to give it enough effort to finish it once, PATHETIC.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Vortextreme wrote:
I think the only real stats we have to go on are: http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All Only GGG can know how many people are avoiding the Lab/trials and no one really knows how many people actually like the Lab. What we have on the forums is anecdotal, but still meaningful feedback that can be used conclude that the Ascendancy stuff is controversial.

The gameplay of the lab is inconsistent with the rest of POE and certainly will be incongruent for some players. Why this has been conflated with difficulty of the content, I don't know. If they make the next Star Wars sequel into a romantic comedy, fans will be upset, and not because they are too lazy to understand romantic comedies.

To my understanding, the A in ARPG stand for 'action'. What's more action than, 'O NO watch out for that trap!!'

I'm actually totally dead serious. How are you people playing this game that manually moving out of the way of something is radically gamechanging? That is why the A is in front of ARPG, because it's all not random dice rolls.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
"
Vortextreme wrote:
I think the only real stats we have to go on are: http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All Only GGG can know how many people are avoiding the Lab/trials and no one really knows how many people actually like the Lab. What we have on the forums is anecdotal, but still meaningful feedback that can be used conclude that the Ascendancy stuff is controversial.

The gameplay of the lab is inconsistent with the rest of POE and certainly will be incongruent for some players. Why this has been conflated with difficulty of the content, I don't know. If they make the next Star Wars sequel into a romantic comedy, fans will be upset, and not because they are too lazy to understand romantic comedies.

To my understanding, the A in ARPG stand for 'action'. What's more action than, 'O NO watch out for that trap!!'

I'm actually totally dead serious. How are you people playing this game that manually moving out of the way of something is radically gamechanging? That is why the A is in front of ARPG, because it's all not random dice rolls.

Funny you say that, when there is proof in the OP (videos) that in the labyrinth the A stands for arcade, and not ActionRPG/Hack&Slash that poe is. Sorry to break your bubble pal, but you speak without thinking/taking into account evidence i have so kindly given. Maybe you lack the experience in the matter (not a bad thing) but i suggest you do your research before making ridiculous comments. Take care
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:

Funny you say that, when there is proof in the OP (videos) that in the labyrinth the A stands for arcade, and not ActionRPG/Hack&Slash that poe is. Sorry to break your bubble pal, but you speak without thinking/taking into account evidence i have so kindly given. Maybe you lack the experience in the matter (not a bad thing) but i suggest you do your research before making ridiculous comments. Take care

Could you kindly be more specific about this proof?

Ok, so in the 'deeper analysis and proof' part, you do know that, before anything, you don't know what 'gated' means, right?

Ignoring that, the first spoiler I isn't actually even making a point, even if we do go with your definition of 'gated'. So the other expansions weren't 'gated' and this one is... and..?

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 6, 2016, 4:03:59 PM
"
Ok, so in the 'deeper analysis and proof' part, you do know that, before anything, you don't know what 'gated' means, right?

Ignoring that, the first spoiler I isn't actually even making a point, even if we do go with your definition of 'gated'. So the other expansions weren't 'gated' and this one is... and..?

Gating is defined in the first or second paragraph of the OP. It is a reasonable use of the word to mean that one must complete Labyrinth to get ascendancy points. The problem here is that GGG added a new game play piece of content in the labyrinth that is different from any other content in the game. Significant numbers of people that love PoE in general do not like this new game play. That would be fine since many other people do enjoy trap game play. However, "gating" mainline character development behind this different game play that is not fun to many people is a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info