SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Sure, the bullet ant glove was a joke, but Zalhan is really overdoing it a bit, nobody's technically dragging him into the lab by the scruff of his neck and I'm pretty sure his balls won't fall of from a few runs.

About that softcore/hardcore thing, dunno, zerging is considered lame so maybe they tried to lift some of that softcore stigma by introducing an area you have to commit to. If they asked me if it was a good idea I'd say yes, in high levels of softcore you have to watch your death count if you want to get anywhere, it's good to develop the habit of avoiding death, hardcore or no.

"
Phrazz wrote:
Raics, can I ask you directly? How many lab runs do you do daily?

Of course. Just a sec, I can answer that with fairly good accuracy. I'm levelling 2-3 characters a league since the lab was introduced, let's say it's 2,5, and maybe I'll ascend some old char in standard over that time, the total is probably closer to 3. Soo, it's 12 runs by 90 days, that comes down to 0,13 runs per day.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 27, 2017, 1:16:33 PM
More like the rite of consolehood.
Can't attract console peasants without some kind of platforming lol
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Mentioned that too some pages ago. PT was likely right, skills that don't need accurate targeting, bullet hell bosses, emphasis on movement and positioning, it's slowly getting there.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I think the lab would be even more pain with a controller. Let's see how that goes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
It's almost like they knew it would be unpopular as content, and threw in a lot of loot as a carrot.

Why do you people always speak as if it's a fact that it's unpopular content? You don't know that.

Just because you and a few others, heck, even if it's really hundreds of people here, don't like it, that could still easily be less than single digit percentage of the total player base. I'm constantly having to repeat myself here saying that this is not a fact and should not be treated as such. What YOU think about it is well known to all of us and you're absolutely entitled to your opinion.

But seriously stop acting like there's only a handful of people that enjoy this and we're just being cruel to everyone trying to keep Lab in the game. That's not the case until some kind of evidence or data pops up that proves otherwise.

Another thing, if GGG knew ahead of time, which is ridiculous assumption but I'll humour you for a minute, if GGG knew ahead of time that this content would be so bad practically nobody would enjoy it, why would they ever have released it in the first place? It makes no sense at all to do that to your own game that you've spent best part of the last decade developing.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
raics wrote:
Soo, it's 12 runs by 90 days, that comes down to 0,13 runs per day.

And you feel that contributes to my (or your) "habits" of not dieing? I mean, do you actually believe that?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Technically I am entertaining myself (like you) by ranting about stuff that won't change. If you feel this is a waste of time (I am having fun!) STOP.

If you do not like making pointless posts that will not change anything and you are still doing it, I fear for your sanity. GGG's vision is their greatest strength and worst enemy.

I am having fun playing other games. I am posting waiting for the D3 Necro to POP!!!!

Like I said I am not fundamentally opposed to this game I (not you ) am not having fun in it.
That might change but until then I will post if I want to since there is no law about having to play to post here.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Jun 27, 2017, 1:26:48 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
2) Your concept is flawed. If a small piece of a good game sucks so bad people quit over it , maybe it should be optional. It's like being forced to get that 3 in one icecream and being forced to eat the chocolate even though it makes you vomit.

Maybe that's conceptually a bad example, what if lab is supposed to be something like that rite of adulthood where you have to wear a glove full of bullet ants? It's extremely unpleasant, to put it mildly. Nobody's technically forcing you to, sure, but you aren't considered a man until you do so you can't marry or participate in tribal affairs, you choose to do it for the perks.

I also can join the tribe that doesn't require me to mutilate my body parts and live a happy life.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Why do you people always speak as if it's a fact that it's unpopular content? You don't know that.

Just because you and a few others, heck, even if it's really hundreds of people here, don't like it, that could still easily be less than single digit percentage of the total player base. I'm constantly having to repeat myself here saying that this is not a fact and should not be treated as such. What YOU think about it is well known to all of us and you're absolutely entitled to your opinion.

But seriously stop acting like there's only a handful of people that enjoy this and we're just being cruel to everyone trying to keep Lab in the game. That's not the case until some kind of evidence or data pops up that proves otherwise.

Another thing, if GGG knew ahead of time, which is ridiculous assumption but I'll humour you for a minute, if GGG knew ahead of time that this content would be so bad practically nobody would enjoy it, why would they ever have released it in the first place? It makes no sense at all to do that to your own game that you've spent best part of the last decade developing.

I've already said several times in this thread (though you are excused for reading the whole god damn thing) that I do not base my numbers on the forums, but the three-four guilds I've been a member of "lately", where the lab was "vastly unpopular". And in addition to that, I follow three streamers regularly, and they all dislike it (some even use the word "toxic", which may very well be the most viewed streamer of them all). And I wont even go INTO how their twitch chat looks like when they are doing the necessary lab runs, because, well, it's twitch chat...

I will never base my assumptions on the forum, because, well, it's the forums, and might be similar to twitch chat.

Regarding your last paragraph, I agree. I was being a bit sarcastic. Hope you can find it in you heart to forgive me one of these days.

Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 27, 2017, 1:32:45 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Maybe that's conceptually a bad example, what if lab is supposed to be something like that rite of adulthood where you have to wear a glove full of bullet ants? It's extremely unpleasant, to put it mildly. Nobody's technically forcing you to, sure, but you aren't considered a man until you do so you can't marry or participate in tribal affairs, you choose to do it for the perks.

Well, some of us play video games so that we don't have to be "a man" (damn, sounds like I am some kind of tranny). Some of us play video games so that we don't have to "force ourselves" through boring stuff. When a video game is designed to be fun, why does it need an "unfun" part?

I think the lab failed, bot the idea and the execution. "We wanted to give softcore players a taste of hardcore elements". Who decided this was a good idea? People play softcore for a reason. Any ideas of giving hardcore players a taste of softcore elements?

The idea? Give players an "interesting" challenge to earn the ascendancy points, creating this labyrinth that people can race in and enchant their items. It's almost like they knew it would be unpopular as content, and threw in a lot of loot as a carrot.

Raics, can I ask you directly? How many lab runs do you do daily?

I can see the next test. "We decided to give players a feel of what getting hit by a boomerang is like so we have found a way to make your speaker brain you after every map, enjoy".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info