SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Here is my idea: Give players ascendancy points after killing Abaxoth in a red rare map. :P
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
How exactly is recreating 1980's video game content "ingenuity and developmental genius" ?

Frogger, contra and castlevania may have been "ingenuity and developmental genius" back in the 80's, but I would hardly think that copying old school 80's games takes much effort.

You'd be pretty much ignoring the technical aspects of the labyrinth implementation. There is actually a lot of genius, but probably for the wrong crowd given the reaction we've seen.

Well the crowd here, I would assume, are people who enjoy ARPG's. While I am sure there are a sprinkling of frogger, contra battletoads fans in the mix, obviously not 100% of ARPG fans are also fans of 1980's action games.
"
Arno92 wrote:
Here is my idea: Give players ascendancy points after killing Abaxoth in a red rare map. :P

Damn, i would have gotten them for free it this was already implemented.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Added as many suggestions as i could find and are in line with the notion of the thread in the opening post. If you have a sugestion post it here or link the thread you made the suggestion. Thank you.

Heres my suggestion, stop this pointless thread of yours.

Thank you Regulator! Your recent updates have made me feel that perhaps all this effort has hammered out some nice ideas! I think the OP presents a very nice summary that should be useful when GGG decides to give this issue some more thought.

Goetzjam, I would like to nominate you for the prize for the most consistently both unhelpful and unpleasant posts. Without your posts here this whole exercise would have been much less frustrating and more pleasant. On the plus side, I probably have a more satisfying sense of accomplishment right now. Thank you for that! Please try to accept the fact that PoE is not quit perfect yet. Hopefully feedback and suggestions here can help get it a bit closer. For those that cannot accept the fact that PoE is not yet perfect then I suggest that you consider trying to start campaign to eliminate the Feedback and Suggestions forum. This would seem to be a more direct application of your efforts towards your goal. Kindest regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Added as many suggestions as i could find and are in line with the notion of the thread in the opening post. If you have a sugestion post it here or link the thread you made the suggestion. Thank you.

Heres my suggestion, stop this pointless thread of yours.

The sheepy WK is really bothered by the truth, thats sad.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
@MisterER

Actually, I agree with the white knight -- Regulator does not know how to use the term "white knight" properly.

Or you simply don't ;)
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Here's one more suggestion: Make the labyrinth end-game content.

(a) Remove the normal and cruel labyrinth completely.

(b) Provide 2 ascendancy points after defeating Malachai on normal and cruel.

(c) Assign last 2 points in merciless in some way (e.g. complete labyrinth, defeat Malachai, or something else...I don't have a strong opinion).

A few comments:

(1) Normal/cruel labyrinth serve almost no function. How many people actually run them more than once for the ascendancy points? Not too many, I suspect, for the low-lvl enchants or just for the fun of it, but possibly a few for the ladder. And many (especially on HC) only do them once they're massively over-leveled anyway. This is born out by some current numbers for the Normal/Cruel/Merciless daily labyrinth ladder:

Perandus: 220/150/3425
HC Perandus: 75/39/436

(2) The trials could also be reworked in some way e.g. spread them out through different difficulties or remove them from normal/cruel and expand them a bit on merciless.

(3) There is currently no reward for defeating Malachai. Giving ascendancy points for defeating him is not giving the points "for free", any more than giving skill points for defeating Piety is giving them "for free". This would also make balancing the game for ascendancy classes more predictable, since all characters would have the same number of ascendancy points (at least up to the merciless labyrinth).

(4) [...ducks incoming missiles...]

Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Adding my voice to the "Remove AC from lab"..
Make them a part of the regular progression in any manner. Malachai kills award asecendancy points sound the most reasonable.
Or, completing 6 trials award 2 ascendancy points and unlocks the lab.

Cheerio
I don't know if this has already been brought up...

Give the ascendancy points once all trials are completed in each act, and keep the ascendancy just additional end-game content.

Maybe have a neutral 'lord of ascendancy' dude who gives you the points and explains the labyrinth when you unlock it.
"
sublime234 wrote:
I don't know if this has already been brought up...

Give the ascendancy points once all trials are completed in each act, and keep the ascendancy just additional end-game content.

Maybe have a neutral 'lord of ascendancy' dude who gives you the points and explains the labyrinth when you unlock it.

The trials can be 100% cheesed by a rush, nty, you want additional power you earn it.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
+1 OP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info