SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

My definition would be someone who is both:
1. Obsessive in his (or her) "need" to always rebut any opinion contrary to their own, even when doing so is redundant
2. Defends the status quo in the vast majority of instances (especially in all instances)

The first is a pass/fail requirement, the latter is a matter of degree. In order to be a pure white knight you need to defend the status quo 100% of the time; the more one strays from that, the less white knight they are, but they can still be considered one.

I feel goetzjam, more than any other forumer in these forums, typifies the first requirement. As far as the second one goes, I've seen folks more consistently pro-status-quo (ex: SL4Y3R), but none so tenacious at defending it. Therefore, goetz is the most white knight forumer these forums have ever seen.

I'm pretty obsessive myself. I don't consider the vast majority of my positions pro-status-quo, but a majority, yeah, probably. So I'm a little white knight myself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 23, 2016, 12:05:45 PM
I've been a gamer since Pong was the cutting edge. However, PoE is the first online game that I've ever played so I hadn't ever heard that term before. Like I said I'm an old fart (and attached) so not really interested myself but found the urban dictionary definition amusing and admit to being very skeptical about anyone ever really getting "lucky" through an online game? :-D

EDIT: Just kidding about all of that. I'm really a super hot 18 year old female that is very horny all the time and ready to be "friends" with anyone and everyone at anytime, especially if they give me some FREE EXALTS. Just whisper me in game if you have some spare exalts and would like to play!

Here's my picture. https://www.google.com/search?q=18+year+old+picture&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1113&tbm=isch&imgil=h-qiCY3qPbOUuM%253A%253BE1zc6jiHeCqOGM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.nydailynews.com%25252Fnews%25252Fcrime%25252Fflorida-student-18-criminally-charged-lesbian-relationship-article-1.1348422&source=iu&pf=m&fir=h-qiCY3qPbOUuM%253A%252CE1zc6jiHeCqOGM%252C_&usg=__fwQ6g7aVGa3rqCGhi-sYAO504Is%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiGgafmtaXMAhVIWCYKHaGYBfgQyjcINQ&ei=CcMbV8bYJsiwmQGhsZbADw#imgrc=h-qiCY3qPbOUuM%3A

:-o
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 23, 2016, 2:52:45 PM
I really hate super hot 18 year old females.
Turtledove, you just became my mortal enemy.

En garde...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
All I can think is, wow, most of you have not experimented with any glass cannon techniques (or I should say POE's version of glass cannon which isn't really very glass at all if you want to be viable, and not as pure after ondar's guile and acrobatics were changed) if something taking a huge % of your life/ES is weird. Like, yeah, the traps do, so does the monkey with the rock, and that exploding box, and some monsters staring at you in an angry fashion.

I do have empathy though, with how much tankiness is catered to in this game, to have the rug pulled out from under you.

THE LIFEPOOL AND ARMOR THEY DO NOTHING!
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
All I can think is, wow, most of you have not experimented with any glass cannon techniques (or I should say POE's version of glass cannon which isn't really very glass at all if you want to be viable, and not as pure after ondar's guile and acrobatics were changed) if something taking a huge % of your life/ES is weird. Like, yeah, the traps do, so does the monkey with the rock, and that exploding box, and some monsters staring at you in an angry fashion.

I do have empathy though, with how much tankiness is catered to in this game, to have the rug pulled out from under you.

THE LIFEPOOL AND ARMOR THEY DO NOTHING!

I hope you are not talking about me, cause i have seen the light!
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
they should make the ascendancy points awarded for killing MALACHAI, for real...
the lab only draw away new players from continuing playing the game,
if you reward players for BEATING THE FINAL BOSS (right now you rewarded with absolutely nothing..)
the will be exited to play in higher difficulty because now they more powerful.

GGG please keep that damn labyrinth optional, izaro SUCK.
Another day , Another chaos
No. Malachai already gives the reward of allowing you to get to the next difficulty. If on top of that he gives you Ascendancy points, then no one would run the lab in Normal or Cruel any more, because it would be pointless (you get better enchants on Merciless). So it does not make any sense game-mechanics wise.

The new players in our guild seem to not have a problem with the lab.

Merciless Malachai should have some kind of useful reward, yes. But not Ascendancy points.

You basically want your points for free. That is not going to happen.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
HeavyFerrum wrote:
they should make the ascendancy points awarded for killing MALACHAI, for real...
the lab only draw away new players from continuing playing the game,
if you reward players for BEATING THE FINAL BOSS (right now you rewarded with absolutely nothing..)
the will be exited to play in higher difficulty because now they more powerful.

GGG please keep that damn labyrinth optional, izaro SUCK.

My personal favorite solution would make the labyrinth optional but one would still need to fight Izaro. I'll copy it from earlier.

Provide a new quest after Malachai is killed. The quest would be to kill Izaro. This new kill Izaro quest would not involve traps. The character would, of course, only be able to ascend once either through the Labyrinth or through the new kill Izaro quest. The new kill Izaro quest would not provide enchants nor any other special Labyrinth unique chest/loot/doors/etc. I would assume that the new kill Izaro quest would not have any portals to town allowed similar to Labyrinth.

A side benefit of this quest is that one could use this quest to practice fighting Izaro if one wanted to.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Added as many suggestions as i could find and are in line with the notion of the thread in the opening post. If you have a sugestion post it here or link the thread you made the suggestion. Thank you.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
Added as many suggestions as i could find and are in line with the notion of the thread in the opening post. If you have a sugestion post it here or link the thread you made the suggestion. Thank you.

Heres my suggestion, stop this pointless thread of yours.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info