SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Labyrinth is a horribly designed time-waster. Ascendency points should have never been in there in the first place. But it does show how little ggg actually listens.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Labyrinth is a horribly designed time-waster. Ascendency points should have never been in there in the first place. But it does show how little ggg actually listens.

Yep.

It's terrible design.

Nothing clever or innovative. Just a rehash of things that were done better in games genres better suited for it.

And then place important character class divisions behind it FORCING players to endure the monotonous crap several times over. And over. And over.

"
Hyskoa wrote:
Labyrinth is a horribly designed time-waster.

In less than 30 mins. (even less than 10 if you're rushing) you can have 2 extremely powerful passive nodes.

Yep, a real time-waster... /s
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Labyrinth is a horribly designed time-waster.

In less than 30 mins. (even less than 10 if you're rushing) you can have 2 extremely powerful passive nodes.

Yep, a real time-waster... /s

In 5 minutes I can have a really good ice-cream cone from the shop down the street. Doesn't mean it's not a time-waster.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
^
So you enjoying a really good ice-cream is a waste of time ?
Not "wasting" any time probably means a very sad life then.

"
Turtledove wrote:

Gibbousmoon was speaking more generally, bring the intended context up a level. I think that you are missing the forest because of the trees, so to speak. There are lots of games where the only reward is the fun gameplay itself.

Show me a single game based on grinding where the only reward is the fun gameplay.
Go ahead ....
Or do you already realize how ridiculous that is ? ( if you understand what "grinding" means ).

And I have been saying for a while now, that the way extrinsinc and intrinsic reawrds are being spread in the lab are not so different from most areas in the game.
Special objectives are spread through all the lab, not just the end, and the end is the icing on the cake.
The reason while people are clearning maps is because they need the extrinsic rewards from the mobs to assure map progression, we are talking about extrinsic rewards again here ( of course, killing mob also give intrinsic rewards )

I do personally enjoy going through the lab, so extrinsic rewards are definitely not all to me.
Like others do like to go through the story, whereas some are just going through is in order to get to maps.

For example, should we all make a crusade against Vaal areas because the objective (extrinsic reward, obviously) is at the end ?
What about when people used to farm Piety, back when Dominus didn't exist ?

Finally an answer from GGG, and then we can see all the all the people that have nothing to do than complaining it about it here keeping going with their little crusade ...
Of course.

I haven't watched the video yet, but one would needto go back to Sarn to ascend 3 more times, from Oriath ?? That feels a bit weird, but the story comes back to Wraeclast at some point from what I understood with the trailer, I'm wondering how it will feel ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 17, 2017, 12:36:02 AM
because the 'but there is still hope for major changes with 3.0, because there is still hope there is' argument is dead now what we will have is a bunch of angry and obnoxious posters littering every place they can

dear lab crusade. you've lost. move on

and if you want to know why you have lost few tips:

- you were extremely rude to everyone who happened to not agree with you
- you projected YOUR opinions on other players and stated these opinions as facts
- you were rude
- you spammmmmmed everywhere
- creating alts/resurrecting old accounts just to 'support your case'
- you were - and by the looks of it still are - rude to everyone outside your clique

even if your arguments made sense, were correct or whatever - you managed to annoy and insult pretty much everyone around including devs.

and you have hoped to 'win'?
There are no winners in this. It is not a contest.

Bad game design is bad game design. If GGG continue to hold on to low brow amateur design, it will continue to under perform.

The labyrinth is a poorly made mini game aimed at the jobless
"

Bad game design is bad game design. If GGG continue to hold on to low brow amateur design, it will continue to under perform.

Said already, but you not understand something does not make it "low brow amateur".
I mean, some people did talk about interesting ideas and point of views.
You haven't.

GGG has been performing better and better, only judging by the increasing popularity of the game, lab includede in there.

Anyway, if a GGG could lock this thread, that would be amazing.
We would eventually have a clear display of who has a toxic behaviour and would create other threads then.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
You haven't had any interesting ideas. I've had many.

The toxic behavior is clearly on display by you and your gloating buddies.

"

and it is us who are 'toxic'?

get a grip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info