SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
You haven't had any interesting ideas. I've had many.

For some reason I read that in a Trump voice. xD
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
You haven't had any interesting ideas. I've had many.

For some reason I read that in a Trump voice. xD

Was it fun for you doing that?
"
sidtherat wrote:
because the 'but there is still hope for major changes with 3.0, because there is still hope there is' argument is dead now what we will have is a bunch of angry and obnoxious posters littering every place they can

dear lab crusade. you've lost. move on

and if you want to know why you have lost few tips:

- you were extremely rude to everyone who happened to not agree with you
- you projected YOUR opinions on other players and stated these opinions as facts
- you were rude
- you spammmmmmed everywhere
- creating alts/resurrecting old accounts just to 'support your case'
- you were - and by the looks of it still are - rude to everyone outside your clique

even if your arguments made sense, were correct or whatever - you managed to annoy and insult pretty much everyone around including devs.

and you have hoped to 'win'?

Honestly, this can be said about the opposite.. can't tell you how many threads I went in where someone talked about the lab, and the next several posts were people replying with "Oh look.. another lab thread" "git gud" "lab is easy, l2p" "lab minorty at it again" and so forth. Even if the poster had legit reason to dislike it and/or had a good idea to improve it. After the 10th post, the primary point of the thread gets derailed due to everyone just going at each other. Hell... look where this thread has gone... look at the title and then look at all the posts recently. It's sad.. everyone loses in this.

GGG are probably not going to do anything about the lab, not because it's great.. but because it's not worth the time for them. I already made a huge thread on why the lab just doesn't work in an ARPG like this. Izaro is great, ascendancy is great, but the lab itself poorly designed.

Also, there is no such thing as a lab crusade, it's people passionate about playing a game they enjoy.. and wanting to see it improve. PoE is a great game, but that doesn't mean its perfect.
Here's what I really don't get about people that like the Lab: So you like it? Cool! I'm glad you do, I need someone to sell me the enchanted gear I refuse to farm myself and I want you to enjoy your time in the game. I'm totally cool with you playing Lab 24/7 if you want to.

So why, then, do Lab-supporters support making it mandatory to fuck over us Lab-haters? Everytime I make a new character, I don't want to do that shit content (my personal opinion) again. Ever. I never want to step foot in there again. It isn't even that it's hard; I just don't enjoy it at ALL.

So we're okay with you playing it all day if you want; we aren't asking for drops or enchants to be nerfed in there or for it to be removed. Why then do you want us to have a miserable time doing some trivial content we don't want to do? It wouldn't affect you negatively in anyway and would be positive to us.

We are asking to put the mandatory and extremely powerful Acendancy points behind something else, preferably something more traditional PoE style.

I think the Lab is fine as it is for people who like that kind of thing. But for those of us who don't, why do you make us do it? All of the other content is totally optional and in fact despite playing since Beta I haven't even attempted Atziri because bosses are also not content I enjoy. The difference? They didn't lock the 6 strongest skill points in the game behind her.

Let us play the game how we want, just like we support others doing.

Last edited by Vaalamity on Feb 17, 2017, 2:14:37 AM
The fact this thread has 417 pages might be an indicator something needs changed, too. Anything that splits the community this hard should probably get a rework in some way.
"
Vaalamity wrote:
The fact this thread has 417 pages might be an indicator something needs changed, too. Anything that splits the community this hard should probably get a rework in some way.

Its so long because it repost the same shit over and over. Read the pages, it doesnt matter if there are 24 people total really going back and forth on the same thread with the occasional person saying lab is fine or lab sucks, that isn't valuable feedback, neither has this thread produced valuable feedback for really either case.

Again the design of the lab was meant to be a bit different then what you would standardly see, because the reward for doing it IS FUCKING ABSURD
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
the reward needs to be absurd, or only 12 people would ever go into it.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
[...]

even if your arguments made sense, were correct or whatever - you managed to annoy and insult pretty much everyone around including devs.

and you have hoped to 'win'?

Honestly, this can be said about the opposite.. can't tell you how many threads I went in where someone talked about the lab, and the next several posts were people replying with "Oh look.. another lab thread" "git gud" "lab is easy, l2p" "lab minorty at it again" and so forth. [/quote]
You don't think that it makes sense ?

The kind of silly false assertion like you just threw there @[the lab just doesn't work in an ARPG like this] is one of the factor of why is annoyes poeple.
It's not, "I don't like the feeling of the lab playing PoE", it's straigth "the lab does not fot in PoE !!!!", and so on.

@Vaalamity : That has been answered many times already.
"
Vaalamity wrote:
Let us play the game how we want,

Because you want to play the game a certain way, GGG should have to change it that way ?
The part that I quoted is ridiculous, do you have any idea how the game would end up being if GGG were to just listen and do what the players ask ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
e1337donkey wrote:

Honestly, this can be said about the opposite.. can't tell you how many threads I went in where someone talked about the lab, and the next several posts were people replying with "Oh look.. another lab thread" "git gud" "lab is easy, l2p" "lab minorty at it again" and so forth. Even if the poster had legit reason to dislike it and/or had a good idea to improve it.

Yeah and the reason people said things like that was because instead of making 1 or 2 feedback threads they would make 5 or 6 each and stand back and basically say "look at all these laby threads, we've got a problem here". And a few of the anti-laby posters were literally copy/pasting replies into dozens of threads.

AND because a majority of the threads are really a l2p issue, pretty much all the legit concerns with the laby have been addressed. Traps were fixed for ES/hybrid builds and the main culprit for disconnects was fixed.

So yeah, git gud? :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Looks like no changes to lab for what we want. They are actually adding in more trials. I said 3.0 or bust and it looks like a bust. My hats off to Regulator and the entire vocal minority but the report is in and we lost. Cya folks you wont see me posting in this or any of my alts. I have already given away all my stuff anonymously. Hope for POE2 now. Grim Dawn altaholic here I come. Bye all. I wish everyone the best...even the lab lovers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info